“Wedding Central on Weekends, not condusive to business lodging” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bay City - Riverfront

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bay City - Riverfront
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Bay City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“Wedding Central on Weekends, not condusive to business lodging”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2011

Stayed here for Friday and Saturday night on business. There were three wedding receptions and a bachelorette party going on. A wedding guest told me the Doubletree is the only decent hotel in mid-Michigan, thus everyone goes there. The king bed squeaked like a cheap hotel. There appeared to be a conflict between the hotel manager and the banquet manager, and the banquet manager was winning. There are about thirty parking slots outside the entrance and a large covered parking structure east of the hotel, but seperated from the hotel, by the banquet hall. The entire time we were there, the parking lot that was convenient to the lobby was filled by wedding guests. It was a one block walk to the parking structure where we were forced to park. In order to get there you have to walk through the wedding reception area and the only connecting corridor was filled with a buffet line and filled with guests balancing their food on plates. If you forget anything and have to return to your car, its a block in each direction. AVOID THIS PLACE ON WEEKENDS, UNLESS YOU ARE A WEDDING GUEST. I would recommend this hotel for business meetings other than weekends.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
LeslieThompson, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bay City - Riverfront, responded to this review, 26 May 2011
We always appreciate feedback from our guests, even if it isn’t as positive as we would like to hear. I have met with a couple of other department managers to make sure they were aware of your comments and we will work together to make every guest’s stay here as warm and welcoming as we possibly can. As far as our parking structure, I understand the location may not seem as convenient as the paved area closest to the entrance of the hotel. Because we are a unique property with not only being on waterfront, but in a downtown environment, space is limited. The complimentary parking structure was the best option for us. Please feel free to contact me directly at leslie.thompson@hilton.com and we can go over your other concerns. I would like to make you a fan of the DoubleTree by Hilton.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Port Austin, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2011

I couldn't go back to the actual date of our stay last year. It was April of 2010. My husband and I stayed there for our 1 year anniversary. ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!! We stayed there with family 2 years before that for vacation. We loved it so much we went back. When we stayed in 2010 it was so nice, the hotel was empty. It was like the whole place was open just for us. We were upgraded to a Riverside Suite at no additional cost. It was wonderful. We told our friends about the place and they stayed there for their vacation with their 2 year old daughter, and they loved it. We are looking to come back this weekend for our 2 year anniversary. WE LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LeslieThompson, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bay City - Riverfront, responded to this review, 7 April 2011
I am so happy that we were a special part in your Anniversary! We LOVE to hear stories like yours and would like to help make your next stay just as special. Email me after you make your next reservation to give me a heads up that you are coming so I can see what I can do for you.

Thanks again for your wonderful review-

Leslie Thompson, Director of Sales and Marketing
leslie.thompson@hilton.com
Detroit
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2011

I stayed here last weekend and the hotel was pretty busy with pagents, dance competition and a wedding. I requested an early check it, however it wasn't guarenteed. I was very happy when I arrived early and my room was ready for me. Check in was very fast and very pleasant. The room was very clean and the bathroon was spacious. The room could have been a tad bit bigger, but it provided your standard double beds, flat screen TV, desk and chair. The location was great if you have need somewhere to stay in Bay City.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
LeslieThompson, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bay City - Riverfront, responded to this review, 29 March 2011
Thank you so much for you great review, we definitely appreciate your positive feedback.
Please send me an email in advance if you plan on staying at the Doubletree Hotel Bay City Riverfront in the near future, I would love to have a tin of warm Doubletree Hotel cookies waiting for you.

New York, NY, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2011

Stayed for one night on business in the area. Usually I stay in Midland but the only good hotel there was sold out and the Doubletree turned out to be a good alternative. I was greeted with smile, given a chocolate chip cookie and upgraded to a room overlooking the river (probably because I'm Silver elite). The hotel is well suited for business travelers, with a small business center for printing out boarding passes, free parking, free wired and wifi and a restaurant that serves until 10 pm (as does room service). The room was clean and spacious. There is a old fashioned TV cabinet in the room but inside was a flat screen TV as well as a microwave and small fridge, nice touches. I didn't get a chance to check out the gym or pool. It was a nice overnight stay and I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business

Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2011

I travel a lot and the Doubletree is a great choice if you're going to stay in the tri-city area. It's a full service hotel with a nice restaurant/bar, workout room and smallish pool/whirlpool. I've stayed here many, many, many times and it's always so (nicely) predictable. Clean, updated, reasonably upscale, nice efficient staff - and I'm a hotel snob.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LeslieThompson, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bay City - Riverfront, responded to this review, 7 February 2011

Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2010

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel. We were greeted with warm chocolate chip cookies, and a wonderful staff. Our room was clean, and we had a great view of the river. It wasn't a far drive from Frankenmuth.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LeslieThompson, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bay City - Riverfront, responded to this review, 3 December 2010
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay- come in for a cookie anytime!!
Comstock Park, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

This is an excellent hotel and really the only nice quality place to stay if you are in Bay City. The room was very clean. The bed was comfortable and I did not hear any noise from adjacent rooms. There are some decent restaurants within walking distance. I would stay here again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business