DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bay City - Riverfront
Econo Lodge(Bay City)
US$63
US$57
EconoLodge
Fairfield Inn Bay City(Bay City)
US$105
US$100
US$110
Courtyard Bay City(Bay City)
US$117
Delta Motel(Bay City)
US$68
US$54
Agoda.com
All reviewsdouble treesaginaw rivercity areawarm cookiesriver viewgreat hotelwithin walking distancefamily weddingthe hotel staffexcellent stayupon checkpool and hot tubwould definitely stay here againnice roombed was very comfortablebusiness tripconference
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Love this hotel! Always come back for the cookies, the nice beds, the posh interior and friendly staff. Stay here!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2012

My significant other and I took a little getaway to celebrate New Year's 2011-2012 in downtown Bay City. The only decent option for us was the Doubletree. I had driven past this hotel a few times in the past and always thought it would be neat to stay here. Well, I finally had my chance. It was great!

On New Year's Eve when we checked in, there were quite a few people around because there was a wedding going on. Despite that, our check-in process was quick and efficient. The woman checking us in was very cordial. Our room on the third floor didn't have that great of a view (much of it was the roof of part of the hotel below, but we also saw part of downtown as well). If we wanted to, we could have paid a little extra to have a riverfront room. (We chose not to of course.)

The room was very nice and comfortable. We only had two real issues with the room. First, we didn't sleep all that great. The HVAC system seemed a bit too powerful for the room. (For instance, when the heat turned on, it became really warm really fast.) The bed was very nice and comfortable, but the sheets were not pulled up high enough (not as high as chin level), so it wasn't as easy for us to get to the right temperature for our comfort. Second, I really wished the fan in the bathroom was a little more prominent (to create more "white noise" if necessary).

When we made our reservation, we purchased breakfast with our stay. The restaurant was quite nice, and we ordered from the menu both mornings (as opposed to using the buffet). On New Year's morning, there were a whole bunch of tables reserved for people who never showed up. (The only reason I mention this is because we wanted a seat by the window and couldn't get one.) The food we ordered both mornings was pretty good overall.

Other things we liked about the hotel were the convenience of the business center, the lounge (bar) that stayed open late, and the pool/hot tub. The staff in the bar were very nice. The layout of the hotel is strange, though, because you have to take a separate elevator to get to the pool and fitness area. (You can't just walk directly from the lobby to that area.) The location of the hotel is also quite good - being right downtown and within walking distance of a lot of shops and restaurants.

All in all, we enjoyed our stay at this Doubletree and would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
LeslieThompson, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bay City - Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2012

Thank you so much for taking some time to put together your thoughtful comments. I have noted them and forwarded them on to all of our key department heads for review. Interesting note about the "short sheets"- I hate that too! I have not personally noticed it with our hotel so I definitely will have our Housekeeping director keep an eye out for that. So sorry!!

We appreciate your review and if there is anything I can help with regarding a future stay, please let me know.

Reviewed 1 January 2012

Overall had a great stay. Stayed in the two room suite. Appearance of the hotel and room were great. Easily the nicest DoubleTree I have stayed at. The balcony view of the river was nice as well. As with all DoubleTree's, the check-in / check-out experience was great and my family loves the cookies provided.

I did find that the HVAC system was a little noisy compared to other hotel units. We also had noisy neighbours (partying for Christmas) and I personally found the bed too stiff for my taste. I can't fault the hotel for the guests or bed, but it all added up for a poor sleep experience.

I still think this is the bet hotel in the Bay City area. I have stayed at the AmericInn and Fairfield Inn as well. In future, if we need overnight accommodations in Bay City, we will be staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 December 2011

great place service top notch; my wife loved the bed and the cookies. Restaurant staff/bartender was friendly and professional!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 December 2011

I stayed here once when it first opened in a regular room which was nice.. Just stayed two days in a junior suite. It was definitely overpriced. The area for coffee had no light and was in total darkness. Couldn't use the area. The bathroom was a big disappointment-very basic. The room itself was nice. The breakfast was an overpriced version of the complimentary breakfasts I have had at other hotels.
No coffee in lobby unless you wanted to pay 2.00 a cup. The staff was nice but I won't stay here again. I have found far better deals elsewhere.

Room Tip: don't pay the extra for the "deluxe" rooms-not worth it
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business