DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bay City - Riverfront
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Bay City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel the night before my wedding and then the night of our wedding. Check-in went smoothly, staff was very helpful and the river side view was wonderful. Breakfast at the in-hotel restaurant was delicious and staff was welcoming and accommodating.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 June 2013

I coordinated a conference held at the DoubleTree by Hilton Riverfront Bay City, MI The staff is professional, courteous, accommodating. The guest rooms clean and the bed provides a great sleep. The food in the restaurant as well as for the conference meals was very tasty and well presented. This would be a first option in the Tri City area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Just recently stayed here for the first time, and it was amazing. Good size room and bathroom. Microwave and small refrigerator. We were on the 6th floor and it was a very quiet, peaceful night's rest. We enjoyed bfreakfast at the Riverfront Grill located in the hotel, and it was good and not overly priced (as most hotel restaurants are!) Parking was plentiful, free HS internent. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 June 2013

My experience with the DoubleTree was incredible! The banquet staff were so accommodating and helpful in both the planning and execution of my wedding. Up until the day of the wedding, I had almost immediate responses to emails and phone calls clearing up wedding details. The day of the wedding could not have gone smoother thanks to the help of DoubleTree staff. My Wedding turned out BEAUTIFUL! My guests all enjoyed their stay in the guest rooms and the food at breakfast was fantastic! I would highly recommend the DoubleTree for ANY event!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2013

If this isn't one of the nicest motels we've ever stayed at, regardless of cost, it's right up there! Beautiful newer motel on a landscaped property right on the river. Free parking. They were very busy when we checked in, but they had 3 people working to check guests in and when they got to us after a short wait, the clerk was very friendly. Very clean and modern room with every amenity you can think of. Did not try the excercise facility, bar or restaurant, but we DID attend a wedding reception in their conference room and we were very impressed. A nice pre-function area for snacks before the main room was opened. Beautiful lighting throughout. What was really impressive was the staff. There was plenty of them, they all had uniforms on, and they were very friendly! They were constantly clearing off the tables, etc. The buffet style food looked great, taste was just average. The only other very slight negatives I could say was you have to be alert to turning into the motel as there are some turns on city streets you have to make, but they have signs posted. Also the elevators were a bit slow. But come on, those are such minor things. If in the area again we'd stay here and recommend to all!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I recently stayed here because I had an event to go to in a nearby city. I am very picky and I was not disappointed. I got to the hotel kind of late in the evening but Check-in was easy, room was adequate, parking was fine and the bar was good. If you are in the area I do recommended this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a Riverview.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 June 2013

This was the first stay at this hotel for my wife and I. We weher they for two nights as we explored antique shops in Bay City. Ate one dinner at hotel restraunt and Food was excellent ,if a little pricey. Location is great and great view if you book a river front room as we did. Except for one afternoon when it rained, we could easily walk all over the downtown area and lead the car at the hotel. My only negative comment relates to the fact that the front pasrking lot was being resurfaced and we had to move luggage fron rear parking structure to front desk at check in. I felkt we should have been notified that the parking lot would potentiallty be closed. I took us a few miniutes to figure out where to park when we arrived as the directions were not at all clear as where to go when we encountered the barricaded lot. other than that we had a great time and look forward to returning. I would like to reccommed this hotel to my daughter and her husband as they love to stay at high end hotels, but I can't because they always travel witth their small dog (6 lbs.) and this hotel doesn't allow dogs.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
LeslieThompson, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bay City - Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

I am thrilled that you had a chance to enjoy the wonderful shops in our downtown area. I also love the antique shops- they have some great finds!!! I do apologize about the parking lot resurfacing, it is tough to nail down an exact day that we can do those types of tasks due to the lovely Michigan weather patterns, but we will definitely try to give folks a little advance warning in the future if at all possible.

We would love to see you back in the future- please let me know if you plan a return visit and I would be happy to give you any "scoop" on new shops to explore or any activities revolving around the hotel. Leslie.Thompson@hilton.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bay City
Fairfield Inn Bay City
Fairfield Inn Bay City
#6 of 14 in Bay City
Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bay City - Riverfront? Share your experiences!