DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bay City - Riverfront
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Bay City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Was in-town for a wedding and we had a very fun time although it might be better if the staff communicates to the guest more when hosting a reception but over all it was an amazing place to stay my only complaint is the pool is very tiny seen better pools in backyards in poor neighborhoods I was expecting much more

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bay City - Riverfront

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

My brother's wedding and reception was held here. I did not stay over night so I can not vouch for the rooms, but they were very accommodating to the wedding party and their guest. The staff was friendly, and very professional. The view of the bay from the ceremony was beautiful. I would recommend this hotel for any function or conference.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2014

This hotel is very nicely located: It is near the highway and bridge; it has rooms looking out on the river; it is in a walkable part of town, so you can go to a variety of places to visit, drink, and eat. When the Tall Ships come through, you can watch them and walk to them, so that is a definite bonus. There is a nice-looking restaurant in the hotel, but we did not eat at it so I cannot vouch for it quality.
Although the bridge and highway are close by, we did not notice any bothersome noise generated by the traffic.
Parking was secure; we could even see our car from our room.

Room Tip: You definitely want to ask for a river view. Be aware that there are some lights that shine on this...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

We stay for five days in July and we had a wonderful stay. The rooms were clean, the beds very comfortable. Our air conditioning wasn't working properly, we told the front desk on our way out for the day, when we returned later on that evening they had it fixed. The front desk was extremely helpful and very friendly. Our view was amazing. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Bay City Area. I am planning another trip there and will be staying at this hotel again Labor Day Weekend!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 19 August 2014

First room was by elevator and ice machine - very loud. Also tub water was up to my ankles before I finished my shower. Second room - air conditioner made horrible loud vibration sounds every time it kicked on. Hotel is beautiful, but I do not sleep well there...

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Very nice hotel. Was very clean, service was excellent and the view was beautiful. Breakfast was also great. I just wish the weather was a little nicer so I could have enjoyed walking around the hotel and surrounding area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This hotel is exceptional in location,cleanliness and appearance. The views of the river are very appealing and we enjoyed our stay ...until we went to bed and my head was right next to the wall housing the compressor for the AC. The location is the initial mistake but this unit's compressor was in need of repair or replacement. The throbbing sound was sufficient to keep me away much of the night. I turned the fan on hoping the consistent sound would help but the throbbing when the compressor came on was just not something I could find a way to ignore. I was given a complimentary breakfast for two to help compensate for the noise and the desk clerk was very gracious and apologetic. With this one exception I loved this hotel but the design of placing the compressor next to the head of the bed ( at least in this room with 2 Beds) is a mistake and a deal breaker for me.

Room Tip: River view worth the higher price
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Frugal23
LeslieThompson, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bay City - Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Frugal23~
Thank you so much for taking some time to write your review. We do read all reviews and do everything in our power to make corrections or improvements if needed. We are aware that some of our units are a bit noisy and have been working on replacing or repairing them. I do apologize for the lack of sleep you received on your last visit. The brand new units are better, but still make some noise because of the small spaces they heat/cool.

I would be more than happy to help find a solution for you if you decide to stay with us again. Please let me know if I can help by contacting me directly at 989-460-1702 or at Leslie.Thompson@hilton.com. Take Care!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bay City
#6 of 14 in Bay City
The H Hotel
The H Hotel
#1 of 11 in Midland

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bay City - Riverfront? Share your experiences!