“Another excellent experience!”

Historic Webster House
Ranked #1 of 3 Bay City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We have stayed at the Webster House three times now. Can't say enough good things about our experiences there. The house is one of the most beautiful restorations ever seen. The bedrooms are large and decorated beautifully. They are very comfortable and quiet. The breakfasts were wonderful and very filling. We really liked the French toast. Paul was a perfect host. Very friendly and very knowledgeable about the area. He gave us some great suggestions on some things to see and do in Bay City. Can't wait to return and explore the city and surrounding areas more. We would strongly recommend the Webster House to anyone. They really do treat you special there.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karleen M
Deborah I, Owner at Historic Webster House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Thank you so very much for your review. It means a lot to myself and staff when our guests write and let us know that they have enjoyed their experience. It says something to me when a guest has come back three times, we must be doing things right. Yes the French Toast is our signature recipe, one that is requested many times in fact I have a folder of the recipe to hand out as we are asked often for that. Paul is a professional in hospitality having had many years in Florida opening large hotels for Marriott and other large hotels. I am very fortunate to have such a wonderful and gracious host and a seasoned professional is an added bonus. We look forward to your next stay and thank you again for taking the time to let others know that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We are very disappointed with this establishment after being given this for a gift from here from our children. We were charged full price with no credit for our gift certificate on top of unfriendly service. Sorry for interrupting planting day I guess. Their upgrade? A room with dirty windows, no clock, no wi-fi, spider webs, light from the hallway beaming all night, noisy air conditioning, and a smaller bed than paid for. Need I go on? I could, but won't. Glad everyone else has had a wonderful experience. Good Luck with your visit! Drink the wine if you can- you won't notice anything wrong. Oh, breakfast? Too sweet french toast and overcooked sausages. Fruit OK.

Room Tip: Stick to what you reserved!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Betruthful2014
Deborah I, Owner at Historic Webster House, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for your review. I am extremely sorry that your time with us was such a disappointment as we pride ourselves on top notch customer service in all areas. When I learned of the mistake in handling your gift certificate I immediately processed a refund for that amount. We strive to exceed our guests expectations but unfortunately fell short with you, thank you for keeping us on our toes.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

While traveling around Michigan we did not know what to expect when we arrived in Bay City. This hotel/B&B made our stay memorable. We felt pretty special and cared for as we had superb meals, and enjoyed the eye candy that is every corner that was specially designed with intent to appeal to your senses. The staff was very very friendly and was the highlight of the trip. :)

Room Tip: Yunji Room was very nice.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ahmed A

Thank you so very much for your review. I am glad we helped make your trip memorable and that you enjoyed our bed and breakfast. We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

If you are in the Bay City area, you SHOULD DEFINITELY try this B&B out. While reserving, we thought is was higher price, but they exceeded expectations in every way. The wine and cheese at 5-7 pm, was more, and get this, a chef prepared breakfast. The rooms are magnificent and so is every sitting room, just a place to relax. The owner, Deborah, super cares about your stay. THIS IS A REPEAT for us.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chasmore52
Deborah I, Owner at Historic Webster House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you so very much for your review. I cannot say enough good things about my staff, we all love what we do and it makes our day when our guests recognize that and let us know that they enjoyed their stay and the nicest compliment that you will be returning. We look forward to your visit!

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed in the Nodoka room, room was gorgeous and the rest of the home takes you back in time. It's amazingly restored down to the finest details. The Inn keepers were very pleasant and the chef was amazing. Would recommend it very highly and we will be coming back soon.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chris C
histhort, Owner at Historic Webster House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you so much for your comments about the restoration of the home. We love historic buildings and feel they should be preserved it is all a part of our history of this area. We look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Perfectly restored mansion with attention to details. Appetizers and wine served in the evening and artistic out-of-this-world breakfasts in the morning. Friendly and helpful staff.
We highly recommend this B and B.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

I am so glad you enjoyed your breakfast, Chef Brandon is always trying to outdo his last breakfast and come up with unique and delicious fares. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Where to start! This was our third visit to the Historic Webster House. We thoroughly enjoyed our first two visits but they have now climbed to rival our favorite B&B (and we've been to over 100 at this point).

They have the usual first class comforts you expect from a quality B&B: cleanliness, beautiful furnishings, comfortable beds (including my favorite Comphy Sheets), outstanding breakfast. Those are just expected in my book. We enjoyed our previous visits when the non-owner innkeepeers were taking care of us. Small bottles of wine were available at anytime (a small refrigerator on every floor makes sure it's always cold), a huge double whirlpool tub (my husband is 6'6'' and could actually put his knees in the tub!) and they include bubbles and bath salts, plush robes, and a bottomless cookie jar.

They have now retired and the owner, Deborah, has taken over. My, oh my, she has taken it to another level! Maybe I didn't notice before but fresh flowers were in every room (even though it was just my husband and myself on this weekday night), including a single fresh rose by our jacuzzi tub; a shaving kit included in the amenities, Netflix in every room, a wine and cheese reception (included before but with shrimp cocktail now - really!), and an offer of a Mimosa at breakfast.

Deborah was an absolutely wonderful hostess and we are already looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bbtrips75

Thank you very much for your kind review! We strive to exceed our guests expectations and give them the best experience we can at The Webster House. Thank you also for noticing the details. I have a great staff who are also grateful for guests that take the time to review our property. We hope to see you again and the best to you.