“Excellent!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Historic Webster House

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Historic Webster House
Ranked #1 of 3 Bay City B&B and Inns
Jacksonville, Florida
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

This is my 2nd stay and again I was not disappointed. I was working in the area and chose the Webster House rather than a chain hotel. I slept great on the bed with a feathertop mattress and nice linens. There was always tasty food and drink available. Besides breakfast there were afternoon fresh cookies, cheese and fruit appetizers and cold, hot and alcoholic beverages. I had to work through lunch and they packed me a lunch each day. They fixed breakfast early for me. I felt rested and cared for. This is a gem!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Deborah I, General Manager at Historic Webster House, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
The staff and I were so pleased that you chose to stay with us again. We all enjoyed your company and hope to see you on future business trips.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Our first time spending a weekend up North during the summer, we had higher hopes for Bay City but were fairly disappointed. We attribute this more to our lack of research rather than false recommendations. That being said, Webster House was fantastic and would highly recommend it to anyone spending the weekend in the Bay City area. Decor was a bit odd with a mix of Asian with some traditional Victorian (we think). The room was on the hotter side as well, but overall accommodations were very nice and the room was beautiful.

The highlight of our stay was the breakfast. The Chef did an excellent job preparing the nicest breakfast we have ever had at a B&B (while we aren't experts in B&B's, we've stayed at quite a few from Napa Valley to Franschoek, SA). And the inn-keeper Paul was very friendly, professional, and provided a solid restaurant recommendation.

The punch line is, if we ever decided to back to Bay City? We would absolutely revisit the Webster House. Just not sure that Bay City is terribly high on our list.

Stayed July 2014
White Lake, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

We have stayed at the Webster House three times now. Can't say enough good things about our experiences there. The house is one of the most beautiful restorations ever seen. The bedrooms are large and decorated beautifully. They are very comfortable and quiet. The breakfasts were wonderful and very filling. We really liked the French toast. Paul was a perfect host. Very friendly and very knowledgeable about the area. He gave us some great suggestions on some things to see and do in Bay City. Can't wait to return and explore the city and surrounding areas more. We would strongly recommend the Webster House to anyone. They really do treat you special there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Karleen M
Deborah I, Owner at Historic Webster House, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Thank you so very much for your review. It means a lot to myself and staff when our guests write and let us know that they have enjoyed their experience. It says something to me when a guest has come back three times, we must be doing things right. Yes the French Toast is our signature recipe, one that is requested many times in fact I have a folder of the recipe to hand out as we are asked often for that. Paul is a professional in hospitality having had many years in Florida opening large hotels for Marriott and other large hotels. I am very fortunate to have such a wonderful and gracious host and a seasoned professional is an added bonus. We look forward to your next stay and thank you again for taking the time to let others know that you enjoyed your stay.
Warren, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

We are very disappointed with this establishment after being given this for a gift from here from our children. We were charged full price with no credit for our gift certificate on top of unfriendly service. Sorry for interrupting planting day I guess. Their upgrade? A room with dirty windows, no clock, no wi-fi, spider webs, light from the hallway beaming all night, noisy air conditioning, and a smaller bed than paid for. Need I go on? I could, but won't. Glad everyone else has had a wonderful experience. Good Luck with your visit! Drink the wine if you can- you won't notice anything wrong. Oh, breakfast? Too sweet french toast and overcooked sausages. Fruit OK.

Room Tip: Stick to what you reserved!!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Betruthful2014
Deborah I, Owner at Historic Webster House, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for your review. I am extremely sorry that your time with us was such a disappointment as we pride ourselves on top notch customer service in all areas. When I learned of the mistake in handling your gift certificate I immediately processed a refund for that amount. We strive to exceed our guests expectations but unfortunately fell short with you, thank you for keeping us on our toes.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

While traveling around Michigan we did not know what to expect when we arrived in Bay City. This hotel/B&B made our stay memorable. We felt pretty special and cared for as we had superb meals, and enjoyed the eye candy that is every corner that was specially designed with intent to appeal to your senses. The staff was very very friendly and was the highlight of the trip. :)

Room Tip: Yunji Room was very nice.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ahmed A
Thank you so very much for your review. I am glad we helped make your trip memorable and that you enjoyed our bed and breakfast. We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

If you are in the Bay City area, you SHOULD DEFINITELY try this B&B out. While reserving, we thought is was higher price, but they exceeded expectations in every way. The wine and cheese at 5-7 pm, was more, and get this, a chef prepared breakfast. The rooms are magnificent and so is every sitting room, just a place to relax. The owner, Deborah, super cares about your stay. THIS IS A REPEAT for us.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank chasmore52
Deborah I, Owner at Historic Webster House, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you so very much for your review. I cannot say enough good things about my staff, we all love what we do and it makes our day when our guests recognize that and let us know that they enjoyed their stay and the nicest compliment that you will be returning. We look forward to your visit!
Deborah and Staff
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed in the Nodoka room, room was gorgeous and the rest of the home takes you back in time. It's amazingly restored down to the finest details. The Inn keepers were very pleasant and the chef was amazing. Would recommend it very highly and we will be coming back soon.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Chris C
histhort, Owner at Historic Webster House, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you so much for your comments about the restoration of the home. We love historic buildings and feel they should be preserved it is all a part of our history of this area. We look forward to hosting you again.
Deborah and Staff
Courtyard Bay City
Courtyard Bay City
#7 of 14 in Bay City
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City

Been to Historic Webster House? Share your experiences!