“Well worth the drive and the price for this Bed and Breakfast!”

Historic Webster House
Ranked #1 of 3 Bay City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We just returned home today from our 2 night stay at the Webster House! It was well worth the extra money we decided to spend to use the lower level of the home aptly named, The Keep! This was our 20th anniversary and the home, the food, the company and the owner made our stay memorable for sure! Debra has done an amazing job of restoring this amazing home. I can't say enough about The Keep room! We ordered carry-in from a local eatery just so we could spend some extra time in the unique space! The bar room, sauna room (loved the rubber ducks in the tub), sitting room, bedroom and bathroom space provided so much room and added to the feel that we weren't in a typical vacation space! The grounds were well manicured with amazing flowers, the bedding was the best we've experienced, the staff was super friendly and helpful, and the 3 course breakfasts each morning were way beyond what we expected! Look forward to returning and will spread the word on this fantastic, guest oriented gem!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Deborah I, Owner at Historic Webster House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Thank you so very much for your kind review. I am so glad you enjoyed our newest room, The Keep. It is very different from the rest of the house but has its own ambience. We certainly love to entertain and are very appreciative of your remarks. I have a great staff and am glad our guests enjoy them. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We were celebrating our 5th Anniversary and decided at the last minute to get away for the night. We found the Historic Webster House online and booked it. From the moment we arrived and met Paul to the moment we left, everything met or exceeded our expectations! We stayed in the Webster Room and the pictures online just doesn't do it justice. It's absolutely one of the nicest rooms we've ever stayed in and we stay at a lot of B&B 's. When we arrived in our room we were surprised with an anniversary cake waiting for us on a nice platter ready for us to enjoy! We were amazed when we cut into it and it was the same type of cake as our wedding cake. Just a coincidence but just set the tone. We sat out in the beautiful garden area and enjoyed a glass of wine and appetizers with some of the other guests that were there. Paul was wonderful stopping out to see if we needed anything and to refill our drinks. We went to dinner at, I think the name was Old Town Hall. Paul was nice enough to call and make reservations for us. We went to the antique shops and enjoyed some of the night life on Midland street. The breakfast that was served in the morning was absolutely delicious! You will not be dissappointed in your stay here. We look so forward to making it up there again soon. Thank you again for a wonderful night away!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Deborah I, Owner at Historic Webster House, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for your nice comments and for taking the time to write the review. We are certainly glad you found us and that you enjoyed your stay. Paul is a wonderful innkeeper and takes pride in providing our guests a quality experience. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stayed here in the middle of a road trip around the Great Lakes. Perfect place to relax and rejuvenate for the rest of our trip. Paul, the Inn Keeper, was extremely nice, showing us around the entire property, and preparing a nice wine and cheese snack shortly after our arrival. We stayed in the Judges Chambers, which included a jacuzzi tub big enough for both of us. The bed was great, and while the ceilings were low in this room, it was a nice little nook to spend a night in. Would definitely stay here again, and hope to do so with friends in the future!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Deborah I, Owner at Historic Webster House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us. Michigan is such a beautiful state and you picked a perfect time to spend time with us as the weather is beautiful this time of the year and a great time to see Bay City. I am also glad you enjoyed your brief stay at The Webster House and we look forward to hosting you again and that would be great if you brought friends along, there are many things to do and enjoy in our area.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Webster House B&B is a great place for a weekend getaway! It's only a 3.5 hour drive from our home in Kitchener Ontario. We decided to come to the area to see the quaint German town of Frankenmuth and do a little shopping. There are 2 outlet malls within 30 minutes as well as the area is known for its antique shops. Although we missed the cocktail reception held at check-in, we were offered wine and a cheese platter to enjoy after unpacking. The house is large and stately, the beds are comfy, the rooms are air-conditioned, have their own private baths and even though the house was full, we really only saw other guests during breakfast. A Webster House breakfast is to be enjoyed leisurely, don't try to rush through this meal. Enjoy the daily creations chef Brandon cooks up using fresh vegetables and herbs from their garden and sip a mimosa!

1  Thank j0urney_girl

We are so glad you found The Webster House and it was a base for great outlet shopping and close to the Bavarian Village of Frankenmuth. We love to have our neighbors from Ontario visit and enjoy our great state of Michigan, we are so close and an easy trip for a weekend from Ontario. I hope to see you again, it was so nice visiting with you. Chef Brandon is always coming up with new ideas for breakfast, we are glad you enjoyed his culinary expertise.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

My wife and I decided to go on a last minute vacation over the 4th of July. We were given some funds intended to treat us to a bed and breakfast when we got married (2 years ago) and finally decided to cash in and go for it. We couldn't have been happier with our experience.
From the moment we walked in it was clear that this is a business that prides itself in customer satisfaction. The staff managed to walk the fine line between professionalism and friendliness the whole time. They were exceptionally friendly, helpful, and went out of their way to make sure our experience was good. Even the Chef (whose food was amazing!) made a point to make sure our experience was satisfactory.
There was never a shortage of wine and snacks and they weren't stingy. Often times places say they'll put out wine then you find out they put them out for an hour and if you miss it you miss it. They put out their wine and snacks at night and kept refilling and refilling. The last night I remember going up and getting a last glass before going to bed!
We stayed in "The Keep"... Wow... Ton's of space and the bed felt like a cloud. My wife and I have never EVER found a bed we like more than ours...until this weekend. The location was excellent. We through the car keys and a drawer and walked down town (it took like 5 minutes).
I'm sure I'm forgetting things (I'm still coming down from the weekend) but if you get a chance to stop by this awesome little B&B, take it. It'll be well worth you're while. I know we're definitely going back!

Room Tip: "The Keep" has TONS of space. You could entertain guests at the little bar area and the wh...
1  Thank Alex R

Thank you for your kind words and wonderful review. We are so grateful when our guests take the time to let us know how we are doing. I am glad that you liked our new room, The Keep, it is certainly different than the rest of the house which I think is part of the fun. Best wishes to you and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

This is my 2nd stay and again I was not disappointed. I was working in the area and chose the Webster House rather than a chain hotel. I slept great on the bed with a feathertop mattress and nice linens. There was always tasty food and drink available. Besides breakfast there were afternoon fresh cookies, cheese and fruit appetizers and cold, hot and alcoholic beverages. I had to work through lunch and they packed me a lunch each day. They fixed breakfast early for me. I felt rested and cared for. This is a gem!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Deborah I, General Manager at Historic Webster House, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

The staff and I were so pleased that you chose to stay with us again. We all enjoyed your company and hope to see you on future business trips.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Our first time spending a weekend up North during the summer, we had higher hopes for Bay City but were fairly disappointed. We attribute this more to our lack of research rather than false recommendations. That being said, Webster House was fantastic and would highly recommend it to anyone spending the weekend in the Bay City area. Decor was a bit odd with a mix of Asian with some traditional Victorian (we think). The room was on the hotter side as well, but overall accommodations were very nice and the room was beautiful.

The highlight of our stay was the breakfast. The Chef did an excellent job preparing the nicest breakfast we have ever had at a B&B (while we aren't experts in B&B's, we've stayed at quite a few from Napa Valley to Franschoek, SA). And the inn-keeper Paul was very friendly, professional, and provided a solid restaurant recommendation.

The punch line is, if we ever decided to back to Bay City? We would absolutely revisit the Webster House. Just not sure that Bay City is terribly high on our list.

Stayed: July 2014