“Gorgeous, classy home with amazing caretakers!”

Historic Webster House
Ranked #1 of 3 Bay City B&B and Inns
“Gorgeous, classy home with amazing caretakers!”
Reviewed 2 September 2014

We stayed 2 nights at the Webster house, and wish we could have had the entire week there. We rented the Magistrate Room with the picturesque skylights and could not be happier with our choice! The entire house was absolutely amazing! The attention to detail with furnishings and tapestries made the house feel like home. The breakfast meal both days tasted heavenly and Paul was eager to share his recipes with us! If you stay anywhere in the Bay City area, choose the Webster House, you will not be disappointed!!

• Stayed August 2014
Deborah I, Owner at Historic Webster House, responded to this review, 2 October 2014
Thank you so very much for your review. We are eager to share what works for us the recipes and feel honored when our guests ask. I am so glad you enjoyed your experience and we hope to see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Midland, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I decided to try something different on a business trip to the Midland area in Michigan, USA. What a wonderful experience. This bread and breakfast is exactly what you see on the Web Page. A lovely restored house with lots of atmosphere and ambiance. The 'A-la-carte' breakfast was outstanding. And the owner and the innkeeper went the extra mile to make my stay enjoyable and comfortable. I have never met so many other lovely co-guests during any stay. If you are visiting Dow Chemical or Dow Corning in the future, please stay at this B&B. You will not regret it.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Deborah I, Owner at Historic Webster House, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review. We hold your compliments in high regard as we know you are a world traveler and have stayed in many countries and experienced all types of lodging. We certainly enjoyed hosting you as our other guests enjoyed your company as well. Hope to see you again on your next trip for the Dow Company. We are so close to Midland the main headquarters for Dow and hope to meet some of your colleagues also.
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My girlfriend and I arrived around 7 PM after a long camping trip in the upper peninsula at Pictured Rocks. Before we could even knock on the door it was being opened for us from the inside. We were offered shrimp cocktail and other appetizers along with wine before being given a little tour and shown to our room (Judges Chamber). The house was beautiful, the landscape was trimmed outside, everything was just prefect. I spoke to Paul prior to coming to see if he could make something for my girlfriend as we were celebrating her birthday. He ended up not being able to do what I asked but was quick to offer me chocolate covered strawberries on the house since we were celebrating, they even let us check out an hour later (noon instead of 11) since we arrived late. We also upgraded to the spa package and enjoyed a couple hours of Jacuzzi/sauna and it was just a perfect way to end a 4 day back country camping trip/birthday. I'd recommend this place to anyone, really! All the reviews about this place are dead-on. It really is awesome.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. I am glad that The Webster House was a welcome respite after camping and that we could help you finish your vacation comfortably. I know our guests have many options for lodging and am certainly appreciative when our inn is chosen.
Windsor
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We decided to take a little weekend getaway and were so pleasantly surprised. The Historic Webster House was so beautiful and from the moment we walked in the door, it was everything we could have hoped for. We just felt a load off. The house is absolutely beautiful, the service was over the top exceptional and the food amazing. Each staff member including the owner went over and above. The bed was so comfortable, so much that I enquired about the type of bed and linens so that I could replicate the comfort at home. The food was a gift in itself. We will be back for sure!

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you so very much for your review and commenting on the details of the inn. We try very hard to exceed our guests expectations and it is so nice when our guests comment in such a positive way. We hope to see you again.
Indianapolis
Reviewed 17 August 2014

From the moment we drove up, it was evident this B&B didn't cut corners. The landscaping was fresh and darling. We were greeted by Paul at the door who was very kind and gave us a tour up to our room. The small details of the service, ammentities, and the home itself was unexpected and delightful. Fresh baked cookies and fruit were available later afternoon, followed by free wine and hors dourves. We were generously upgraded to The Keep which was greater than any room we could have expected. Unlimited free access to a dry sauna, jaccuzi, wine, and the comfiest bedroom were just a few of the highlights. The owner Debra, was so humble and made us feel right at home. The other staff were equally as kind and we were sad to leave. We highly recommend this B&B to everyone. This was our first B&B experience and it sets the bar extremely high!

• Stayed August 2014
Wow thank you so very much for all of your comments. Details do matter as you have so kindly pointed out. I have a great staff who enjoy what they do and take pride in their work. We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again.
Rochester Hills, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Great experience at the Historic Webster House in Bay City. The rooms are beautiful, upscale and perfectly decorated. They leave nothing out, including the 5-star breakfast. We stayed in The Keep, the basement level of the house which includes the Spa/Sauna, Bar, and intimate yet spacious bedroom with sitting area. The website photos are great, but seeing/staying there in person is better! There are so many textures and such warmth in this place -- and the staff is very attentive yet knows when you want/need to be alone. I highly recommend this B&B -- I'm telling all my friends and we will definitely be back!! A+++++

Room Tip: Bring slippers if you stay in The Keep as the floors tend to get cold. Surprisingly enough although...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Deborah I, Owner at Historic Webster House, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Thank you very much for taking time to write such a nice review. I am extremely happy that you enjoyed our newest addition to the inn, The Keep Room. We have had great response to this unique room. Most importantly I am very glad you had enjoyed yourselves and had fun. We hope to see you again and provide the same experience.
Norton Shores, Michigan
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My husband and I would recommend a stay at the Webster House to anyone! The house is beautiful you can image living there in the 1880’s. Debra, Paul and Chef Brandon were wonderful and made the stay even better that we could have expected. We stayed in Mss Junji room and it was impressive. Just little details made you smile and thankful we made the correct choice in selecting Webster House for our weekend getaway. We cannot wait to there again for another getaway trip!!

2 Thank Karla B