“No lack of good food here!”
Review of Krzysiak House

Krzysiak House
Ranked #14 of 174 Restaurants in Bay City
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Stanley, Wisconsin
“No lack of good food here!”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

My relatives suggested this for a Sunday buffet and we were blown away. The assortment of salads alone was fabulous- not to mention the huge separate area of watermelon and sliced homegrown tomatoes. Then there was the huge assortment of hot food- polish specialties and crab cakes and fish and honey fried chicken and ribs and on and on. I didn't even mention the homade soup and the plethora of desserts including hot fudge for the ice cream. We'll be talking about this place for a long time.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Sharon H

Mount Morris, Michigan, United States
“Like Eating At Grandmas!”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by our good friends. my husbands mother was Polish and since she passed 10+ years ago we have not had good polish food. we went here last week and was thrilled to find the foods that he grew up with and food that I learned to love when we were first married! because we wanted to try everything we ordered the Combination Plate. This plate has a little of everything my husband loves. I on the other hand, wanted all my favorites like, Pierogis, Polish Potatoes, homemade Polish Sausage and sauerkraut. We ate until we were stuffed and said that we would bring our children here next time. What an amazing treat...

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank GranteBea
Flint, Michigan
“Great Food”
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

The food here was great. We all had the buffet. The buffet is the only thing keeping me from giving this place any higher review. The buffet area seems bit disconnected, the dessert section is shoved own the hallway you go through to get the eating area, and the ice cream machine and the stuff that goes along with it is basically shoved into a closet. A few things are labeled, labeling would of been handy for telling you what kind of pirogies you are grabbing. The pirogies were soft and delicious, the mashed potatoes were real, and the gravy was very flavorful. Everyone was raving about the honey roasted chicken, and meatballs.

They do have a retail section at the entrance where you can purchase bakery, noodles, sausages, noodles, etc.

You get what you pay for here. We got special pricing on the buffet, even though it said $8.99.

Visited July 2013
Michigan
“Excellent Polish Buffet”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

WE traditionally celebrate my mother's birthday each year . The food is quite good and plentiful. My sole sorrow is.... I'd like some real czarnina. Guess I'll have to go to Poland for that. Prices are reasonable.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank marjieP
alma, mi
“Unique and filling, just not great.”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Krzyslak House features Polish food, a cuisine difficult to find in many cities. If you have a desire for Golabki, Pierogi, Sausage and kraut, etc., then this is the place. So I guess it was my own fault for ordering the scallops - that turned out to be rubbery and tough. I didn't eat them, mentioned this to my waitress, but was charged all the same.

They have a nice salad, dessert buffet, so there's plenty of food here, most of it reasonably priced. Just stick with the Polish food; if you want something lighter then head somewhere else.

• Visited May 2013