“A must during a trip to Bay City!!”
Review of Wanigan Eatery

Wanigan Eatery
Ranked #22 of 194 Restaurants in Bay City
Price range: US$6 - US$13
Description: The Wanigan Eatery in Bay City has the best sandwiches around. If you haven't visited us before, you net to - you'll love it! The Wanigan offers a huge selection of sandwiches, soups, salads and desserts. You won't believe the menu until you see it. Stop in and taste for yourself! Let The Wanigan Eatery cater your next event, baby shower, graduation, first communion, wedding shower or any other special occasion. We can host it at our deli (Sunday's only), or we can cater to your location anytime. Call today for details.
Reviewed 14 July 2010

A must during a trip to Bay City!!

Reviewed 20 July 2009

We decided to stop here based on the other reviews on TripAdvisor. Our experience was the same as the people that wrote the other reviews. When you enter the restaurant, turn to the left and order your food at the deli counter. Once it is ready, they will bring it to your table. The menu is on chalkboards on the wall around the deli counter. They keep adding more chalkboards as they continue to add more sandwiches. I think there were around 50 to choose from. Soups are also available. My daughter got one and it looked good but I did not try it. She liked it. Bay City has its roots in the logging industry and the walls of the restaurant are decorated with tools and pictures related to this industry. There is a picture showing a "wanigan" that explains a wanigan was a boat used in the logging industry that contained a kitchen for feeding the loggers. They are open from 7:00 to 3:00 (except Sunday) so do not try to go in the evening. We were completely satisfied with our meal and would happily return on a future trip to the Bay City area.

1  Thank pinnacle-project
Reviewed 17 January 2009

Food is wonderful! You order at a deli counter, but the food is delivered to your table. Nothing fancy except the food! I had a ham and cheese sandwich that was on a sweet bread which was very good. The soups are hearty. In warm weather, there is patio seating. Near the water, but not waterfront. Check the hours before driving a distance.

Reviewed 10 July 2008

My future mother-in-law threw me a bridal shower and had it here. They are closed on Sundays, but will open for private parties. I have to say that the food was EXCELLENT and you'd be hard pressed to find a casual/quaint place for a small party that has something tastier to eat.

We were seated in the back part of the restaurant - there were 40 of us, and we fit comfortably, but maybe a bit snug. There is a pretty, large, screened-in porch here as well.

Now, on to the food... it was great! I don't usually expect much - I am a bit of a foodie and am often disappointed. Not here. The salads are awesome - especially the broccoli salad. I tried two different sandwiches, the reuben was amazing - very fresh, rare, thinly sliced roast beef.

And the cheesecake is AWESOME! Defintely better than I expected. The raspberry was delicious.

I can't comment on the prices/value, since this was a party and I didn't pay for it.

I would definitely recommend this as a location to host a small party or shower.

Been to Wanigan Eatery? Share your experiences!