“Great local bar”

Ranked #129 of 179 Restaurants in Bay City
Hale, Michigan
“Great local bar”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

The service here is always excellent. The food is above average bar food. We always stop for lunch when we are in the area. We have been here a half dozen times, and it has always been good.

Visited August 2012

Perrysburg
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quick Stop To Get Out of the Rain!”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Just stopped in because it was raining and we didn't want to get wet on our walk back to the B&B. Had just eaten so we just had a glass of wine, but the waitstaff was friendly and attentive. The most interesting part of the experience is the decor...old German with beer steins everywhere...all shapes and sizes...on the walls, hanging from the ceiling, etc. Nice wooden bar. Mantle is an antique european wine press. Fun stop...we'd stop again next time.

• Visited June 2013
Bay City, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Bar Experience”
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Good place to gather with friends, and food and beer is reasonably priced, but food is exactly what you'd expect from a bar

Visited February 2012
Muskegon, Michigan
“Save yourself, DON'T GO!”
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I am not sure, what is so different from our experience to the other very positive, glowing reviews, but our experience was horrible and I could not recommend going there. We had a party of 6; wife, two teenage sons and parents. For once I was traveling for pure leisure. The restaurant is simply put, a bar with a menu. The dining room and bar area are one and very small and dirty, (sticky tables, uncleared tables with dirty dishes). When we walked in there were two waitresses talking to someone who appeared to work there, but was drinking at the bar. They ignored us even after I made eye contact with them and asked twice if we seat ourselves. Finally, one of them nodded and went back to her conversation, annoyed that I dare interrupt her. I was concerned this would set the tone for the evening and in hindsight, we should have bailed while we had the chance! We ordered drinks. The waitress didn't tell us about the specials. We ordered: 2 coney special, the sicilian sandwich, smokehouse burger, 2 turkey clubs, and a walleye dinner. The clubs and smokehouse burger were delicious, but the bacon on all of them was undercooked. The walleye dinner was good and the waitress told us almost everything they serve comes from Gordon's Food Service. She said the cole slaw was home made, and it came with the walleye dinner, I wasn't eating it but the coleslaw was very soupy. The sicilian was luke warm, soggy and lackluster, as if it had set for a while and not prepared fresh. Meals are served on disposable styrofoam plates which was also disappointing. I had the 2 coney special and being from the Flint/Detroit area originally, I look for a lot in a true coney sauce. It was the right consistency for a coney dog and wasn't a chili dog, which drives me crazy! They were good although the sauce had little flavor, but I'm a coney snob so over all the coneys were good! The other thing that bothered me was serving a burger with chips and charging $2 for fries! The entire staff was unattentive to everyone there and most patrons did seem annoyed. At the end of the meal the restaurant started to smell like something burning and the room began to fill with smoke. Very disappointed, wouldn't recommend and would be suprised if this place lasts!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank snipe49445
Bay City, Michigan
“we like it”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

My husband and I live close by and we often order food to go. The menu is very good. The place is small and I feel they cram to many tables into the tiny space and the service can be a little slow but this is not a fast food restaurant. The place is clean and the atmosphere is pretty laided back. I love their patio. For the price the food is worth the wait. I just wish they were open on Sundays for lunch.

• Visited July 2012