Bay Valley Resort & Conference Center
Econo Lodge(Bay City)
US$63
US$57
EconoLodge
Comfort Inn Bay City-Riverfront(Bay City)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$84
ComfortInn
Fairfield Inn Bay City(Bay City)
US$99
US$94
US$110
US$186
US$163
Doubletree.com
Courtyard Bay City(Bay City)
US$117
US$53
Delta Motel(Bay City)
US$68
US$54
All reviewsan indoor outdoor poolbit datedrooms are cleanyogurtnice room
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I stayed at this hotel on a Saturday night with ny nine year old son. It was clean, and the beds were comfortable, but we won't be back. There were many issues that caused our stay to be disappointing.

First of all, the check-in process was terrible. There were three people behind the desk, but none of them acknowledged us for ten minutes. We were right on time for the 3:00 p.m. check-in, not early, yet a female front desk clerk was counting the money in a register and a male was just standing there watching her. When we got to our room, I was not impressed, but it was adequate. The sink was chipped up and stained, and the toilet was rust stained, but they were clean. The beds were clean and the room smelled fresh. However, getting to the room was difficult. I'd requested a room near the elevator, and the front desk clerk assured me my room was close to it, but what she failed to say was that the hallways have places where you have to go up and down three steps. If you have any physical disability, steer clear of this place. There is one small, clunky elevator, but it takes a long time to arrive, and it is at the front of the hotel, so it's no help if your room is at the back.

If you have kids, and you are not daunted by steps, this is an average hotel. The pool is great. My son loved that the indoor and outdoor pool connect to one another. There was a small exercise area . I know they offer a complimentary breakfast for early risers, but we didn't even try to make it. I did reserve a table for brunch, but when I saw the limited offering, we left.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Skye9988
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We were a party of 8 staying for a long May weekend. While the resort is not 5 star, neither is the price charged for a golf package. Golf package was a bargain. Room was clean, staff were helpfull and friendly. We will definitely return for another golf weekend. While breakfast was good, dining was a bit disappointing. Bar staff were very friendly and efficient. Proximity of hotel to golf course made our room view memorable. Would like to suggest that the resort install a few benchs, between the hotel and golf course, so the view can be enjoyed from somewhere other than your room. Oh! the golf was good also.
Alan Williams
Sarnia, Ontario

Room Tip: Any room with a view of the golf course would enhance one's stay.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 May 2012

The lobby, pool, bar/restaurant, etc, were VERY nice! The food in the restaurant was VERY GOOD and the complimentary breakfast was also good. All of the employees were very professional and polite. Unfortunately I cannot say the same about the room. The sink faucet was so old that the knobs had rusted through causing water to drip on the carpet below. The knobs were also very difficult to turn due to the rust and were installed backwards. Needless to say it was very confusing when trying to turn the water off and on. Many of the light switches were also installed backwards. There also was something wrong with the doors as every room in our wing had to be SLAMMED shut. The door would not physically close unless it was slammed. This resulted in us being woken up every time someone in our wing left or arrived to their room after we had gone to sleep for the night.
This seems to be a hotel that was high end when it first opened and somewhere along the line a prior owner allowed it to fall into disrepair. The common areas have obviously been repaired and updated as they are very nice, however, it appears that current management has not yet gotten around to repairing and updating the rooms. Once the room issues are corrected I would definitely give this hotel a higher rating.

Room Tip: Ask if they have rooms that don't require that the doors be slammed shut.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2011

We found this hotel online last minute and we were pleasantly surprised when we arrived. For the price we paid we didn't expect the gorgeous entrance as we pulled up. We were looking for somewhere to stay during some Black Friday shopping and we wished we had booked all three nights of our trip at this hotel! It has an "antique" feel to it that made us feel like we were in a historic building but it was actually built in 1972. It was clean, vibrant and we loved every second of our stay. Our room had a gorgeous high ceiling, beautiful chandeliers, and the pool was incredible! We enjoyed the hot tub and the indoor/outdoor pool at night which was gorgeous. the grounds and the overall design of the hotel gave it the "wow" factor. We plan on Bay Valley being our go-to spot while traveling in this area. Our room felt like a "princess parlor" in a castle. We also checked out one of the suites for a possible anniversary visit in the new year and it was gorgeous. The room was huge with a sitting area and table and chairs. There was a game room and of course the pool for the kids. The bar and restaurant were great. We enjoyed a hot continental breakfast that was delicious. The room was clean and we took specific note of the spotless and shining clean shower/bath tub. The front desk staff was very nice and the manager was visible around the hotel. We will be back!

Room Tip: If you ask for the 3rd floor you'll get the gorgeous high ceilings! Some of the rooms will have a view of the ponds and golf course or overlooking the pool if you're on the back side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Shaylan S
Reviewed 7 November 2011

The golf course is beautiful and the bar/restaurant is great, so its convenient in that respect. However, seriously in need of a makeover and here is what went wrong (we were with a large group): 1. The beds are sooo old and uncomfy --linens too!.. one mom tried to make the bed and saw that the mattress was duct taped together. 2. I called for a wakeup call and never got it...(!!), 3. I pulled the faucet to turn on the water and the whole thing came off. 4. the lady who makes the omlettes in the morning was miserable! she complained the entire time about having customers - ummm hello thats your job?--. I asked for egg whites and she said NO WE DONT HAVE THEM! (ps if you have eggs, you have whites!)..5. the chair in the breakfast area that my daughter sat in, the arm rest came right off and fell. 6. the computer in the 'business center' has a floppy drive -its a dinosaur- and is so far behind on updates, I couldnt get to my yahoo mail even. 7. I used the regular coffee and the 2nd night the maid did not replace it ...8. A/c/heating unit is sooo old and loud. I couldnt sleep - (good thing since they only randomly give wakeup calls!) 9. No luggage racks, like to put a suitcase on in the room. 10. No room service, even though there are 2 restaurants in the building!?? I mean I could go on and on with other problems our friends had but I will stop there. Its convenient if there is a function going on and it was a great rate for our group, but they could really invest a little $$ and have a nice place here. EVERYONE couldnt wait to leave. one family said they could not possibly sleep here the 2nd night and they drove all the way home the 2nd night so they could sleep!

Room Tip: I heard there were updated rooms on the 3rd floor but did not verify. suggest an end room cuz there are paper-thin walls. we had to whisper so people couldnt hear our conversations.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family