Bay Valley Resort & Conference Center
US$111
Comfort Inn Bay City-Riverfront(Bay City)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$84
ComfortInn
Econo Lodge(Bay City)
US$63
US$57
EconoLodge
US$110
Fairfield Inn Bay City(Bay City)
US$99
US$94
US$186
US$164
Courtyard Bay City(Bay City)
US$117
US$116
Euclid Motel(Bay City)
US$56
US$53
Delta Motel(Bay City)
US$68
US$54
All reviewsan indoor outdoor poolbit datedrooms are cleanyogurtnice room
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I would give this hotel a poor rating, but because the staff were so great I will say it's an average hotel. Definitely NOT a resort. The hotel is in major need of a remodel. The room we stayed in had 3 lamps, so it was very dark. Carpet and bedding showed it's battle wounds from it's years of use. There was a bunch of spider webs with dead spiders hanging out in the corner of the room by an electrical outlet. A plus was the many outlets in the room, 4 girls in a room, and we all had some sort of electronic device & lots of hair appliances, but had no problem because of the availability of outlets. I wore shoes the entire trip, and almost wished I had brought flip flops for the shower. In case you are wondering, there was no microwave or refrigerator in our standard room. There was a very cool inside pool that connects to the outside pool through a channel. They turned the heaters on in the pool around 9:30 pm the night we stayed. There is also a hot tub and a work out room. For the work out room, you need to go to the front desk for a key to get in, they will hold your license until you bring the key back. The equipment in the work out room was in working order, but probably on it's last hinges. The lobby looked very nice and well decorated. Continental breakfast was apples, oranges, mini muffins, danishes, and mini bagels. For hot breakfast you had to pay $5 extra each day. I did not pay for it, so I can not comment on how it was. Parking was free and the lot was spacious, so we did not have trouble finding a spot. There were a couple side entrances to the hotel, but you will need your room key to get in. Our floor also had a Women's and Men's Locker Room, that had changing stalls, showers, and toilets, so if you have a room full of people it's a nice extra commodity that you can use as a guest. Close to the highway, so easy on and off, but it's tucked in a spot where you did not hear any traffic or noise at night. Overall, you get what you pay for. If I have to, I will stay again but I will probably check out other hotels in the area first.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Watchb4go.com
1  Thank BeksTravel
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I was recently at Bay Valley for a class reunion and could not have been more pleased. They cleared the furniture out of a suite for us so we could have a hospitality room, the individual rooms were comfortable and clean, and the meal and service was very good. There is easy access to the highway and a very nice golf course on site. Highly recommended

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We have stayed at this Hotel and Golf course many times. Beautiful property. The hotel is old and in serious need of updating, but the staff are doing the best they can. Friendly, quick to accommodate requests, the rooms are clean. Free continental breakfast (always good). Golf course great value for your $, course is well maintained, challenging. Tom is always friendly and tries to accommodate your tee times. Good central location for shopping and dining. The lounge has entertainment on the weekend if you want to sit a while and enjoy some music and a beverage. My husband and I go twice a year to take advantage of spring and fall specials.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the golf course, lower level and bring your lawnchairs. Beautiful in the morning.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 55JEB55
Reviewed 19 May 2013

To be fair, the property is gorgeous. Inside needs serious updating, cigarette holes all over the carpet, but it was clean. However, I have stayed in many, many, many hotels over the years, and this was my worst ever. There was a wedding there, which is fine, but the walls are paper thin, and I can sleep through a hurricane and not wake up, but the people in the next room were drunk, smoking pot, and very obnoxious. At 2:30 am when they were still going at it, now in the hallway right outside my door, I ripped open my door, argued with the drunken idiots, and went to the desk. Given the fact that they were really nice, nothing was done. The idiots carried on until 5:00 am, there was screaming all night right outside our window. I would think that the staff could have monitored the situation much more closely. Luckily, we were in town for fun and not business or a funeral, or I would've lost my temper largely. When I checked out, I suggested they check the next room for marijuana smell and charge the idiots a fine or whatever. Again, polite, but I'm very sure nothing was done. I would not stay here again because of this situation. I have never had this experience at a hotel before. If we had taken our kids with us, I'd have been furious. We literally almost left in the night. Never, ever again. When a hotel is that busy, and it was due to the Frankenmuth beer expo, they should be watching over the place. When I went to the front desk to complain, the guy was leaning on the desk doing nothing and the girl in charge was in the back. He probably could have been walking around making sure people were behaving themselves.

Room Tip: If you don't want to sleep, it's a great place to stay. However, if you do, don't stay here.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Excellent older, but very clean facility, beautiful golf course, helpful, professional staff. Beautiful entrance, great patio for outdoor dining. The handicap entrance was the best I have used- door easy to open and doesn't try to slam shut on you. Elevator takes you right up to the front desk. Door to room also opens easily and doesn't slam shut as you are entering. Plenty of outlets in room to charge power chair, portable travel concentrator, and large concentrator, and use laptop at the same time!! (and without moving furniture to find them!!)
The beds were heavenly, and the pillows, as well. I haven't slept that well for a very long time.
I will come back and bring some golfers.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business