“Quick trip”

Fairfield Inn Bay City
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Bay City
Reviewed 24 October 2012

We stayed 2 nights while visiting family. The hotel was very clean, the staff was very nice and the continental breakfast was good compared to most. I would stay here again. My only complaint had nothing to do with the hotel but people complained about fox news being on the TV and a gentleman from the front desk had to switch it to CNN....

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Carrie C

Reviewed 25 August 2012

Decision to stay here was a last minute decision. When I went to ask about a room for the night I was greeted by Jen at the front desk. She was very friendly and welcoming, she had a room available and answered questions about the area.

Jen also let us park our motorcycle close to the building.

The room was very comfortable and had a fridge and microwave. Breakfast was included and there was a good selection available. The pool and hot tub were also very nice to use.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone stopping by the area!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pattertl
Reviewed 23 August 2012

The Hotel staff, rooms, and pool were nice. The selection of channels on the TV were poor. This is a Michigan Hotel and they did not offer Fox Detroit. We had to go to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the Tigers play. I would not choose this hotel to stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 July 2012 via mobile

We stayed a week here, clean rooms very friendly staff, clean pool and jacuzzi, large rooms, comfy beds

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 1 July 2012

What we liked:
-Nicely decorated rooms, comfortable beds, good sized bathroom, very clean.
-Having a fridge and microwave.
-Location - after driving all day it was great to be able to do some shopping without having to drive somewhere.
-Best continental breakfast I have ever had -I loved the fresh fruit and my husband enjoyed his breakfast sandwich.
-Value - we felt like we got what we paid for.

What we didn't like:
-Noise from the hallways - we could clearly hear conversations people were having in the hallway inside our room - but I find this is a problem in many hotels.
-Traffic noise - our room faced the Walmart - the other side of the hotel may be quieter. Obviously the hotel has no control over this but it is something to consider if you are a light sleeper.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Periwinkle11
Reviewed 27 June 2012

This place was OK, a typical "2-3 star", not much different from Holiday Inn Express, etc. except it was more expensive and gave a little bit less. The room was clean, staff OK,etc. but the breakfast was really subpar. I guess if they're going to overcharge, they're going to try hard to give you even more to complain about. I don't mind paying a bit more but I expect a bit more thnan this for the $$

Room Tip: try for a king sofa suite- reasonable amount of room, but in this case, not any nicer ammenities
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Hello:
I have stayed at this hotel several times, usually for a week each time. It is a decent place, the kids enjoyed the pool. I noticed another reviewer mentioned slippery floors in the reception area, I also have noticed that. This last stay I had a terrible fall in the parking lot. Someone had apparently thrown some of the rocks from around the base of the hotel which are the same color as the asphalt. I did a complete face plant and am very lucky I did not get seriously hurt. My sunglasses shattered and cut my face, I injured my wrist and cut my knees. When I reported it to the front desk, the receptionist took a written report but even with staying there an additional 6 nights, I did not hear a single word from the manager.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is the quietest.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family