Fairfield Inn Bay City
Comfort Inn Bay City-Riverfront(Bay City)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$186
US$163
Doubletree.com
US$116
Courtyard Bay City(Bay City)
US$117
Agoda.com
Euclid Motel(Bay City)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbreakfast hostessfront deskray of sunshineroom was cleanone nightpattieslarge mallexceptional customer servicemotorcycle tripcontinental breakfastwafflesthird floorcommon areaseach morningvery nice place to staywill stay there againa wonderful stay
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Got a room for this hotel on priceline for a decent price for a weekend night.. It was a pretty decent hotel. I've seen nicer, and I've seen worse.. Nothing bad about it though. The room was just an average room, maybe a little below for being a Mariott owned hotel. The bed was just okay, I prefer soft. The A/C was so-so as well. The free breakfast was nice. They had breakfast sandwich's that you could warm up for on the go which was very nice. The hot-tub was covered up .

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Joanne L, Manager at Fairfield Inn Bay City, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Dear Colesc15,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay at our hotel. We truly appreciate all feedback and I am sorry your stay was anything but perfect! I have shared the comments with the staff and we will work to improve in all ways. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast.

Please let me know if there is anything we can do for you.

Joanna Schofield
Task Force GM

Reviewed 3 May 2013

This is not what I would have expected from a Marriott-run property. The room was adequate, seemingly clean. The bed was soft, I prefer something harder. If you are wanting a small refrigerator or microwave, you will still be wanting.........at least my room did not have one.

The desk clerk was pleasant and efficient.

The indoor swimming pool must have been nice as several people were using it.

There is a computer in the lobby for hotel guest use.

Otherwise, there is not much special about this hotel.

Room Tip: look elsewhere if you desire amenities
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Dear Gold-Vintner,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay at our hotel. We truly appreciate all feedback and I am sorry your stay was anything but perfect! I have shared the comments with the staff and we will work to improve in all ways. I am very happy to hear that the staff was pleasant.

Please let me know if there is anything we can do for you.

Joanna Schofield
Task Force GM

Reviewed 13 February 2013

I got a Priceline deal, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

The good:
Friendly staff.
Decent, yet typical free breakfast.
Nice location near the Bay City Mall.
Quiet, safe, clean.
Small fridge, microwave, etc.

The bad:
The rooms are average, maybe a bit below what I expect from the Marriott chain.
I could not get the heat adjusted to my satisfaction, even when I opted to use the air conditioning.
Hallways are dingy--broken storage door, hallways littered with little bits and pieces of paper. Not a huge amount of litter, but it was the first thing I noticed.

So, overall, it's a decent place to stay, but I would avoid paying more than about $70 per night. I paid $59 with a Priceline deal.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Beth1961
Reviewed 17 November 2012

We were in town for a birthday party. We decided to try Priceline & this is what we got. After reading the reviews on TA I was feeling okay about this hotel. But once we got here I was super disappointed. So for $50.00 it was ok....if I would have paid more I would have been more upset. Our friends offered for us to stay with them & now I wish we had. The rooms are VERY dated. The tub was warn & rusty. I believe that when you book through Priceline they give you the least desirable room they have. The girl at the front desk was able to give us a room with a king bed but it was right next to the elevator so we had the joy of hearing that all night.
The bed was uncomfortable. I'm glad we only had to spend on night here. The room was very clean. Can't rate the breakfast since we won't have that until tomorrow. If we're ever in the area again we will stay with at our friends house.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LynnesPicks
Reviewed 24 October 2012

We stayed 2 nights while visiting family. The hotel was very clean, the staff was very nice and the continental breakfast was good compared to most. I would stay here again. My only complaint had nothing to do with the hotel but people complained about fox news being on the TV and a gentleman from the front desk had to switch it to CNN....

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family