“Thank you Brittany for travel advice” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn Bay City

Fairfield Inn Bay City
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Bay City
Missouri
“Thank you Brittany for travel advice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed here for our first night of our trip around the Michigan shore vacation. We were able to use 10,000 Marriott points for the stay. Brittany, morning staff member, was a huge help with making suggestions of what to see in Bay City. Loved the old State theater and the river walk. Clean hotel and good breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank MidMoMommy
Judi M, Manager at Fairfield Inn Bay City, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us and that the facilities and service experience were what you expected and deserve. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. I have shared your comments with the entire staff. We hope to see you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

I expected more for the amount I paid. Have been visiting family all over Michigan for 10 days and this hotel was the most expensive and least appealing. The room was dated and the fridge made so much noise I had to unplug it when it started to make noise in the middle of the night. Would have stayed at this hotel for longer but found a better and cheaper one in Saginaw and moved there after one night.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay at our hotel. We truly appreciate all feedback and I am very sorry you felt that you overpaid for your hotel stay. I have shared your comments with the staff and I hope that you will give us another chance to give you a perfect stay.

Please let me know if there is anything we can do for you.
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Pretty nice stay, I was visiting for a competitive swim meet in bay city and stayed here with my team. The chlorine in the pool was really bad, all the people in there came out coughing and with red eyes (in short, we didn't stay long) but other than that no major issues. Just didn't stand out as a great hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I have shared your concerns about the chlorine levels with our maintenance engineer and the situation has been corrected.

Thank you again for choosing the Fairfield Inn Bay City and we look forward to serving you in the future!
Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

We went to a wedding in Bay City, Michigan this past weekend and stayed at the Fairfield Inn. I am a member of the Marriott rewards program and have stayed at Marriott hotels, Marriott Courtyard hotels and Marriott Residence Inns, but never at the Fairfield Inns. It was a nice, clean hotel conveniently next to the Bay City Mall. That was helpful because I forgot to bring a tie and so I just went across the parking lot to a department store and bought one to match my suit, and it was on sale. The breakfast was included and was OK. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank TripPhotographer52
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am so happy that you had a great experience with our staff and enjoyed the location.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night because I really like the Marriott chain and no Courtyard in Bay City. This hotel is a little rough on the interior. My room was clean but had definitely seen a bunch of travelers come through. Lots of wear on the carpet and the paint on the walls showed its age. The iron in my room had been dropped on the floor at sine point and had carpet melted to it. What frustrated me was that it had obviously been tucked away neatly by housekeeping but they did not go the extra mile and replace it when they saw it. I had to go to the front desk to get a replacement, the one I got was better, it had no carpet melted on it at least. If you need a place to rest for the night and nothing more, this is the place. If you're looking for amenities, you may need to look elsewhere.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Picklehead13
Judi M, Manager at Fairfield Inn Bay City, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us!! All guest feedback is extremely important to us, as it helps us improve the service that we deliver. I am very sorry that you did not have a trouble free stay with us. I have shared your comments with my housekeeping staff to insure this issue does not come up again. I hope that if you are ever in the Bay City, MI area again, you will give us an opportunity to give you a problem free stay. If I can assist you with anything further please feel free to contact me.

Have a Great Day!!

Judi McCulloh
Ann Arbor, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

Pros: Friendly and fast check-in. Room was very clean-bathroom was cleaner than I see in many more expensive hotels. Stayed on a Saturday night-about 2am some guests were hanging out, talking loudly in the hallway- we called the front desk after about 20 minutes. Phone rang quite a few times, but upon answering, Lynn promptly came up and asked the guests to go to their rooms. Good customer service!

Cons: Hallway carpet pretty dated. Temperature control in room was difficult-even with thermostat at 62 the heat was blasting. Since the unit is right next to the window, that could be part of the problem.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Judi M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Bay City, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay here at the Fairfield Inn, Bay City. We are thankful for all feedback, this allows us to improve our weaknesses and also lets us know our strengths. I am truly sorry that there were guests in the hallway talking so loud.

I have spoken with our maintenance engineer about your concerns with the hallway carpet and the HVAC (heating unit) that was in your room. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. We strive to make every stay a pleasant and relaxing one.

If there is anything that I can assit you with, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Have a WONDERFUL week,
Judi McCulloh

Fairfield Inn
989-667-7050
Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

We arrived after 4pm after a day of driving, having a reservation. The clerk was put out. I had to spell my name twice and then was informed that no room was ready.
The Place has a 3pm check in time. " We were busy last night "was the answer. I am a silvermember, staying on points. and check in usually is easy with all the paper work already done and a room ready.After some punching on the computer and running around she cut us keys, then said she had to check the room to make sure it was clean. She came back, saying she was told to give us a "Better room". The room was standard. We were not told were the elevator was, but had to go looking for it. Once in the room I walked around the bed to the night stand and banged my leg against a piece of bedframe that was sticking out. I put a pillow over it to prevent further injuires. The bath tub is very shallow and the water runs very slow, it took forever to get the water for a half bath. They have a very shallow pool, no hot tub. The room was very cold on arrival and it took a long time to warm up with a very noisy heater. At 8pm noise and vibration from downstairs, and again at 2am, woke us up from our sleep. No reason given, "it is the first time I hear of this" when I asked. Breakfast was not that great, the only fruit were apples, the turkey ham or whatever the meat was had run out and not refilled. The location was ok, next to the mall and Walmart, but it is several miles from I75 and I would not stay again

Room Tip: We had room 216, it had vibrations and lot of noise.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Elisabetd
Judi M, Manager at Fairfield Inn Bay City, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with the Fairfield Inn Bay City.

You indicated in your response that the check in process with us unsatisfactory as well as some of the things in your guest room. I am truly sorry for the inconveniences you had during your visit with us. I have addressed these issues with my Front Desk staff as well as the Maintenance Engineer. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

You’re a valued Marriott Rewards member; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. Again I am truly sorry that you did not have a pleasant stay with us. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Stephanie Maxwell