Bella Vista Inn
Camp Tosebo(Manistee)
  • Beachfront
Crystal Mountain(Thompsonville)
View Hotel
All reviewslake michiganshort drivehis wifebobhosts
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We stopped at this place returning from the Labor Day Bridge Walk in Mackinaw City. Since the holiday was 2 days past, we figured we could find a decent off season rate like we did the previious night in Traverse City. Boy were we in the wrong.
The place looked nearly empty that evening and the front desk was unoccupied when we went in. I rang the bell and a unkept man in his night clothes appeared. I asked about the rate for a room and he quoted us a price of $75. I had payed less for what was obviously a much nicer place the previous night. I told him we had AAA and I was a veteran. (their sign and advertisements said veteran owned) and he stated in a surly manner that $75 was the discounted rate. .This man obviously didn't want our business. We turned to leave and he asked what we were expecting to pay and I said somewhere around $50-60. and he laughed in my face. What a jerk this guy was. I am so glad we didn't stay there, especially after reading these other reviews. I am not sure what the heck this guys problem was but he definetly had one. Who treats a possible customer like that anyway? We found a nice room with decent management up the road aways for $54.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
12  Thank FrugalMichigander
Reviewed 3 July 2013

My friend and I stayed there for 4 nights and we had no problems! Hosts were friendly, offered information when asked, had a light continental breakfast but neither of us eat in the morning but I do drink my coffee and there was always plenty. One morning while out sitting at the pool early they came out to clean and I witnessed them unstacking the extra chairs and wiping everyone of them off. Who does that? They do.This is not a fancy motel but SPOTLESS, LARGE AND COMFORTABLE. I really hate when people use travel sights to complain just because they didn't get what they expected. Picture ot the motel are exactly like in the room so if you want fancy go somewhere else and leave the room for someone who want comfort and clean.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sherri S
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We stopped here on the first leg of our trip around the coast of Michigan and we were pleasantly surprised with a nice motel. Bob made us feel welcome from the onset, and the rooms were old-style and clean, which was a nice break for us. We would recommend Bella Vista Inn and a stay at Bear Lake to any of our friends.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Janice S
Reviewed 8 October 2012

48 hour cancellation policy is not reasonable. Having not seen the property and then canceling the room on weekday cost one nights stay. Conflict with the front desk continued during a follow up phone call.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Wanda D
Reviewed 16 September 2012

My husband and I stayed over a weekend. We were asked by the lady at the front desk to turn off the AC when we left the room. It was a cool, rainy weekend, so that was not a big deal. She also let us know the pool was being repaired and apologized for this. The furniture was old and sturdy (unlike the put together with an allen wrench stuff today), but I was not there on business or as an interior designer, not a big deal. Room was huge, bathroom was huge, beds were comfortable, two sinks available, there was a frig and microwave, and the place was clean. There was not a continental breakfast at this time of the year, but we knew that from the website. Hubble's and Rosie's restaurants had good breakfasts and Miller's Produce had a truck across the street for fresh fruit every morning. The coffee was good and ready on schedule. I got ice and there was enough in the bucket for my needs. The owner was there offering to put more in if I needed it. He was pleasant, but had a to the point demeanor. He also offered suggestions on places to see. I worked as a desk clerk in a motel many years ago, my suggestion would be to put an empty room between guests on nights you are not full. It cuts down on noise and keeps vehicles apart in the lot. We were there that weekend to do some clean up on our property.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family