“Great View on a Clear Day”
Review of Nina's Restaurant - CLOSED

Nina's Restaurant
Price range: US$12 - US$32
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 August 2014

This is the only upper end restaurant on the island. The restaurant has outdoor seating, or if you sit indoors the entire north wall is windows. This restaurant is on the north end of the island and you can see neighboring islands and on a clear day (which we were lucky enough to have) you can see the UP.

The food was good. Islanders said the food was high priced, but it was equal to what I would expect in most restaurants of this quality. As I said, the food is good, but the atmosphere is the biggest draw.

You also need a reservation. I think they plan the food based on how many people they expect. They were not that busy, but I was told they don't take walk-in traffic.

3  Thank MItraveler1957

Reviewed 5 June 2014

It is part of th BI Lodge. We had a very nice dinner here. The food and service was excellent. The best part of the evening was the view. We were seated by the window. It is close to town but out of the way. If you want a great meal with special surroundings, this the place on BI.

1  Thank Walter B
Reviewed 30 September 2013

The chef is really really good. I probably don't need the rich sauces on the food but it sure was good. The quality of the food is excellent from beef to fish to vegetarian. And you overlook Garden Island and get a view of the sunsets, spectacular! Quiet atmosphere, good service, a wonderful place for a celebration or just a quiet romantic meal.

3  Thank MurJD
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Food quality that of any fine restuarant, but very large portion. Try the vanilla parsnip ravioli! Yummm.

1  Thank debbylf
Reviewed 24 July 2013

My wife and I visited the Beaver Island Lodge on July 9th. There were about 12 people in our party and we were seated in a lake view part of the restaurant. Our server was named Neal.
The view was fabulous. We heard a story about a couple that had come to the island and then a year later they visited on the same day he proposed to his then girlfriend at the restaurant, he said it was the most beautiful place he’d ever been.
I ordered the Lodge Fish and Chips and a wedge salad and my wife ordered a Ribeye steak and wedge salad. Neal was very courteous and attentive, refreshing our drink orders and delivering the salads and meals. My wife and I both really enjoyed our meals, my fish and fries were great as was my wife’s steak and the salads were great too. The fish was a lightly breaded white fish which was yummy and my wife said her steak was done to perfection.
We opted not to have dessert but stayed to watch a great sunset, I’ve included a photo taken with my IPhone.
We will undoubtedly return to the Lodge on our next trip to Beaver Island.
Ben