“Delicious food”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Lulu's offers a very good, almost gourmet menu and the food is something you rarely find in a small town. Even though my family attempts to eat at Lulu's whenever we are in the area, I have been reluctant to join them because of the acoustics within the restaurant. On my previous visits, I found the noise of fellow diners to be very annoying and that noise distracted from what could have been an enjoyable meal. The rest of my party didn't seem to mind and they continue to make this a dining stop but I refuse to join them because of what I consider to be an unacceptable environment. Food = 4 1/2 stars, General = 3 stars because of noise. Hopefully the environment has improved but I can't vouch for that.

There are newer reviews for Lulu's Bistro

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Two of the four in our party suffer from food allergies and both the waitstaff and the kitchen took very good care of us and did it graciously. We arrived before the doors opened on Father's Day and they even let us in a little early! It wasn't long and the tables began to fill up. Folks in this part of Michigan have a wonderful place to enjoy a fine meal. Others will tell you of the menu and surroundings. I want to talk about the napkins. No chintzy little square wrapped with a paper Band Aid. Here you find a large cotton rectangle reminiscent of Grandma's dish towel fashioned from a flour sack. Perfect without being pretentious.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We have dined at LuLu's many times, but not for a few years...we decided to go early for my husband's birthday dinner, and arrived at 5:00. The place looked great, as usual, but only one other couple dining when we arrived. Server was very inexperienced, but friendly...we got our drinks promptly, but asked to have at least one drink & probably two before ordering dinner. The server insisted on taking our order so she could remove menus, which was fine as long as she didn't order our meal until we gave her the "heads up". Almost finished with our first cocktail, and she brought our meal! Needless to say, we weren't happy! We order the hanger steak special, and both plates and food were cold, not warm, but cold...server took back to kitchen and brought out again barely warm...we decided to eat as is, but not happy...she knew we were very disappointed, but didn't attempt to make us happy. Didn't appear to be anyone on staff with much experience, except bartender. We probably won't be back, which is a shame, used to be so good!

3  Thank Patricia S
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

On a Friday night, with no reservation, we were sat right away. However it was several minutes before we met our waitress to take our drink order. She was very apologetic, and after that we had excellent service. The lump crab appetizer was really good, and so was my lamb, but my husband's steak was nothing to write home about. A pricy meal, but overall a nice dining experience.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Friendly service, great food, great value. The mac and cheese is to die for, get with the pork belly and broccolini. Best french Onion soup I have ever had. Hot, thick, robust and a mound of melted cheese.