Bellaire Bed and Breakfast
US$85
Bellaire Inn(Bellaire)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
East Jordan Motel(East Jordan)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssocial hourother guestsbed and breakfasttuscany roomcarriage housecookiesmug clubvintage roomempire roomshort's brewerybeautiful groundswonderful hostsclawfoot tubshorts breweryperfect staynext morningwithout a doubt
Reviewed 17 July 2012

We keep returning to the Bellaire B&B year after year. You feel yourself relaxing as you drive up the tree-line drive to the beautiful old house. Inside, the place is perfection - scrupulously clean with lovely rooms that show a great attention to detail. The food is far superior to any other inn we have tried. Jim and David are wonderful hosts at all times, but especially at the wine hour. They are very knowledgeable about the whole area and can make lots of recommendations for sights and dining. But why go far when you can walk to Lulu's and have an excellent meal? My favorite place to while away an afternoon is on the big front porch. My husband prefers a hammock. The gardens are beautiful. I like to stroll around there with my morning coffee. This is our favorite place to stay!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2012

First time ever staying in a bed and breakfast definitely will be coming back. Entire place is immaculate, and we thoroughly enjoyed be able to walk to and from Shorts brewery.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2012

The Bellaire Bed and Breakfast and the surrounding town is a quaint little find for B&B - foodie types. Dave and Jim offer a charming experience in a grand old house. One that has a social hour at 5 pm with wine and hors d'oeuvres and where guests have breakfast together each morning.

The town of Bellaire can satisfy a foodie's requirement with Lulu's Bistro. A decent coffee shop and brewery.

While Dave and Jim do go out of their way to make the entire experience for everyone truly memorable, I can't quite get used to the helpers standing in the dining room listening in, joining in, to the guests conversations with one another. I felt like I should ask them to pull up a chair and join us. Maybe it was just us, but we all felt a little uncomfortable with the hovering. If I could I would rate 4.5 stars.

Room Tip: Depends on what amenities you want. Was a very good value as far as I was concerned.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Jim and David are VERY gracious hosts from the initial tour of the grounds and rooms to the final checkout. The details are amazing. We were greeted with cookies and checked out with muffins and dark chocolate cherry truffles. (Ammmmmazing) Upon check-in David discovered that it was our Anniversary and insisted on providing champagne or a Short's growler. :-) The East Lake Room was beautifully decorated and had plenty of space. We loved sitting on the private patio with wine or coffee. The bed was so cozy and soft that we almost didn't wake up for breakfast. Luckily, I made it down for the absolutely delicious home-cooked french toast, sausage and fruit. They were very accommodating to my sister who had some special dietary needs. The grounds and outdoor porches were so lovely that we promised ourselves next time we would spend our evening at the inn rather than in a bar.

Room Tip: The East Lake room has a private patio with a view of the grounds. Some of the other rooms were much smaller but with very large, nice bathtubs. There is one room without a connected bathroom, make sure to NOT get this one if that is an issue for you. The website is very comprehensive and explains all of the perks/disadvantages. I don't believe the room doors can be locked once you leave, but we didn't have a problem with that.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christina T
Reviewed 26 June 2012

This was our first stay at this B&B. The place was very clean, elegant, comfortable, and convenient. You can see David and Jim’s attentions to details everywhere. Breakfasts were so delicious that it was hard to stop eating. We had a very enjoyable stay. Must stay place if you are in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple