“Fabulous Stay in a Quaint Northwest Michigan Town”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bellaire
Bellaire Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Bellaire B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 August 2010

The owners of the Bellaire B and B do their best to make sure your stay in a great one. From the moment we arrived to the time we left, we felt pampered and at ease. Our favorite part was the gorgeous wrap around porch (complete with fern collections and traditional victorian wicker seating and swings), the outstanding breakfast, and the lovely wine happy hour. We stayed one night over 4th of July weekend and wished we had stayed longer! Beautiful house, enjoyable hosts, and quaint town with a few good restaurants and a brewery. Definitely worth a visit!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 July 2010

My husband took me on a Mystery trip for an article for our blog-- Still Blonde after all these YEARS! (http://www.stillblondeafteralltheseyears.com) I didn't know where I was going until I got there. The first night we stayed at the Bellaire Bed and Breakfast. I wished we would have stayed there both nights! From the drive up the tree-lined driveway to the charming room to drinks on the porch (wine and cherries) to the spectacular breakfast the next morning--enough superlatives cannot be found! Awesome job Jim and David! You will find a detailed review on our blog but we must say that the stay was awesome!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2009

The bed and breakfast exceeded our expectations in every way. The hosts were very attentive, the breakfasts were amazing and the rooms fantastic! Go!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2009

I had not been to this area of Michigan for over 30 years. Wanted to check out the Traverse City area for a possible move in the next year or two. Found the property online. I wrote in the guest book that the hosts made me feel like family - a "cousin" who was staying for a couple of days. This experience is much better than a regular hotel.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 January 2009

Want to get away? There is no where better than Bellaire B&B. The owners are great, and the property is amazing. There is no detail forgotten about. This april (2009) will be the 3rd time my wife and i will have been there. It is so relaxing and romantic. My wife and I also enjoy the restaurants and bars in the downtown area. A short drive from Torch Lake, Traverse City and all points in NW Michigan there is no better place to go to get away. The golf coarses are spectacular as well. I would (and have) recommend this place to all my friends.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank speedracer7801
Reviewed 1 December 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Bellaire B&B Nov. 28-29 for our third anniversary. Jim and Dave greeted us and showed us the property. We settled in then met in the library for wine (Jim is a real wine guru and made some great suggestions that met our tastes) and snacks. We got to know some of the other guests and meet our hosts in front of a roaring fire. We talked about the local eateries and shopping and what we could expect for breakfast the next day. Terrific wine, food and company. Later that evening we ate at Shorts Brew Pub. GREAT beer selections (I had the Hangin Frank, very fruity) and great food (try the pizza, but beware, they are very big). Live music and a great pub atmosphere.

We stayed in the Tuscany room (its worth it just for the bathroom, the tub is terrific). We had flowers waiting for us (you can see them in the pictures) and were able to relax on a the loveseat and watch a little TV and played a few games (which my wife soundly won). We were both tired from the long drive and we were asleep by 11 pm on the huge bed.

The next morning I was up early and went for a jog around the quaint town of Bellaire. Came back and soaked in a warm jacuzzi then made our way down for breakfast at 9 am. French toast souffle, bacon, pealed grapefruit, blended juices, coffee. Served family style, you simply can't go away hungry. The food was incredible and Dave is terrific about sharing his secrets.

We left that afternoon for shopping in Bellaire (I recommend Sassy Sunflower and Uniquely North, but there are a few other neat places on Bridge St) and Alden (I HIGHLY recommend making the trip there just for the Alden Mill House, but like Bellaire, they have a dozen or so shops that are worth the trip).

We came back to the B&B and crashed for a few hours (complete with fresh cookies by the bedside). We got up later and made our way down for wine and cheese at 5 pm. Later we made our way to Lulu's Bistro for dinner. This place is supposedly the premiere restaurant in the area, but our experience was less than stellar. Jim and Dave rave about the place and from what I could tell the food everyone else got was really good. We both had salads (because we had pizza the night before). I had a Caesar ($6) and my wife had a Cobb ($12). Mine was good, albeit small even for a half order. My wife couldn't eat about 60% of hers because the lettuce was brown and spoiled. We kept pulling the brown lettuce out and setting it on a plate for the waitress to take back to the kitchen, but they never really came to check on us. After I was finished the waitress cleared the table and I asked her to take the spoiled lettuce to the chef, hoping they'd at least take it off our bill since we really couldn't eat it. She said they couldn't because we didn't tell them until after the meal (i.e. they didn't have a chance to fix it). How am I supposed to do that when you never check on us?! We did order a dessert (hot fudge sundae) and it was spectacular (their ice cream is home made). Overall our experience was less than satisfactory at Lulu's ($32 for two salads that we couldn't enjoy and a dessert). Shorts has better service and and atmosphere, go there.

Breakfast the next morning was equally impressive (Dave seems to have fun impressing everyone with his creations). Potato and sausage hash, fruit and yogurt, and THE BEST orange cranberry pull apart bread I've ever eaten. Dave wrapped some up for us to take with us.

The B&B is immaculately clean, the rooms are huge (in the carriage house anyway) and very cleverly designed. The owners are fantastic and the food......oh the food!!! Fantastic. We had a wonderful experience and would definitely recommend you stopping by for a visit.
DW

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2008

Absolutely a top notch B&B. Jim and Dave are fabulous hosts-making you feel comfortable the moment you walk in the door. The rooms were beautiful (we stayed in the Brighton Room with a private bath and fireplace) and every need was anticipated. Relaxing atmosphere, beautiful property. Breakfast every morning was delicious and plentiful. The wine and appetizers at 5pm each day was a great time to get to know everyone else that was staying at the B&B and pass on knowledge of the area and what were the must sees and dos for the trip. Great location to walk downtown for dinner, shopping or just to visit the town. Easy drive to Traverse City. Such a wonderful experience that we will definitely return again.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple