“What a Croc!!!!”

Holiday Inn Express Belleville
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Belleville
Reviewed 15 July 2014

So, I signed on for the Park Sleep and Fly online. It was a room and parking for a week. It was my mistake that I didn't see how far away from the airport we would be (7 miles). We checked in to find out that the lot is not only NOT SECURE, but it is next to a vacant lot. "oh but there is a gate around the property". There is NO SECURITY for the lot. Then we found out that the shuttle ONLY runs every hour ON the hour. So getting up at 430 wasn't bad enough, now we would have had to get up even earlier. I mentioned that maybe we would just go someplace else. They told us it was too late to change our plans, even though they weren't forthcoming with the info.
We ended up staying the night. THEN we got up at 430 so we could drive to a secure lot and be able to catch our plane on time. I will NEVER stay at this Holiday Inn EVER again.

Room Tip: DON'T STAY HERE IF YOU ARE DOING A PARK SLEEP AND FLY. I mentioned to the girl at the front desk...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank narlytoes
Jessica T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belleville, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear narlytoes, I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, comments and concerns. Our guests' are very important to us! I am terribly sorry to hear about your unfortunate parking experience. My name is Beatrice and I am the front office manager here at the Holiday Inn Express. Please contact me directly at (734) 857-6200 so we can further discuss this in detail, or email me at "hixbelleville@gmail.com." I hope to hear from you soon.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Belleville

Reviewed 13 July 2014

For 20 years, my family has always parked at hotels for airport parking because it is more reasonable. However, after such a bad experience at this hotel, we are rethinking this decision. NEVER park at this hotel for airport parking unless you want to wait for nearly 1-1/2 hours for the shuttle to pick you up at the airport. It’s definitely worth paying a little more and parking elsewhere with a more reliable shuttle.

We called the shuttle at 11:20pm on 6/9/14 and were told it would be there in 15 minutes. We called at 11:45pm and were told that it picked up other people, was full, and we’d have to wait for it to return in 30 minutes. We called at 12:20am and were told the shuttle was 2 minutes (yes, 2 minutes) away. It didn’t arrive until 12:40am. It was 1am when we got to the hotel, we had a 4-hour drive home to Ohio, and I had to be at work at 8am.

I thought the hotel could benefit from a little constructive criticism (maybe they could have a better system in place – like taking the callers’ names so that the wrong party doesn’t get picked up in their place), so I sent a fax to InterContinental Hotels Group’s HQ on 6/10/14 with a copy of our 10-day parking reservation and received a response in a 6/11/14 email that the hotel would contact me directly within 48 hours. No response. On 6/18/14, I sent a follow-up email to IHG HQ again that I had received no response. They said the manager at the Belleville Holiday Inn, Jessica Thomas, had no record of our reservation (I had faxed it with my 6/10 fax!). On 6/19/14, I sent a fax to the Belleville Holiday Inn with a copy of our reservation. No response. On 6/30/14, I sent a fax to both IHG HQ and Jessica Thomas in Belleville. Still no response, and it’s 7/9/14.

Apparently, neither the Holiday Inn Belleville, MI, nor the InterContinental Hotels Group’s Headquarters care about customers. Or maybe it’s just parking customers they don’t care about. Take my advice and NEVER USE AIRPORT PARKING AT A HOLIDAY INN!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank hmuica
Reviewed 10 July 2014

as per usual, Holiday Inn Express takes the worry out of booking.
Great hotel, and great location if you are in the Canton area.
Staff was courteous and helpful.
Rooms very clean.
Breakfast....... was perfect!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank greatcdn
Jessica T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belleville, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear cdn, I greatly appreciate you for taking the time to leave us your comments, they are indeed very valuable to us. I am very glad you were able to enjoy the convenience of our location and all we have to offer. Please make sure to contact our front desk directly, to book your next stay. (734) 857-6200.
-Beatrice P. (F.O.M.)

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I tried to book some rooms here for business travel, and the management was HORRIBLE. They were extremely rude and unprofessional, and not willing to work with us on billing options. The manager was always "away from her desk," or not available for some reason, would not return my calls or emails, and obviously did not appreciate us as potential guests. I just canceled with them and I'm so relieved I won't be staying here! DON'T BOOK WITH THEM!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belleville, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear Eileen213,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I want to assure you our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details regarding your stay. I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

We had a 2 day meeting here, reserving 5 rooms plus the meeting room. Facility was great. Not new, but well kept. Pool and hot tub were nice although the sauna was cold and never did heat up. Staff, including general manager were superior. Kind, courteous, and a pleasure to deal with. The meeting room was well set up and reasonably priced. I would choose this for any small to large meeting needs in the area combined with Twisted Rooster nearby for dinner!

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank scott s
Jessica T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belleville, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Scott S, I would like to sincerely thank you for leaving your feedback and taking the time to invest in the success of our property! I do apologize that our front desk staff did not inform you of the 15-20 minute pre-warm up that the sauna requires in order for you to fully enjoy it. I am delighted that you enjoyed our meeting space and I hope that you will need it again for your future events.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed at this Holiday Inn for a soccer tournament over the holiday weekend and even with the amount of guests coming in for the weekend we were greeted well and the staff continued to be wonderful during the stay. The room was clean and the breakfast was great! Breakfast does not start until 7am on the weekends however the staff noticed that we were getting up early (6:15am departure for the games) and they had some items out for us by 6am (coffee, muffins, cinnamon rolls, fruit, yogurt). That was a really nice touch that we definitely noticed.Thank you for a lovely stay and we will definitely be back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank mikeandstephtravel
Jessica T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belleville, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear mikeandstephtravel,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us your valuable feedback! It is pleasing to read that you really enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff does the best they can at accomodating every guests needs and I am delighted that we were able to have breakfast out for you before your departure. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

The room 108 is a called the king Hawaiian suite with jacuzzi tub. The stand up shower stall is covered in black mold , the bathroom vent was stained and gross. The room is $250 . The fire alarm sensor was stuffed with toilet paper.I took pictures and went to front desk. I wanted to be moved , no rooms left. I was given $40 off the room and IHG points . But I want a full refund the whole black mold is disgusting . there was a thin comforter and no blankets . I called the front desk it rang 50 xs no answer. I walkers down requested blankets the front desk informed me there are blankets in the closet. I informed him there are no closets he said yes there are . I was so tired I gave up and walked away. Then the front desk found a blanket . Don't stay here . We are going back to marriot chain.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jane S
Jessica T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belleville, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Jane S.,
Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to leave us your feedback, I truly appreciate it. I want to express my deepest apologies for the unpleasant stay that you had at our location! We value our guests concerns and comments and with that said, we have done everything we could to make sure that this issue was fixed immidiately, I will personally be contacting you to further speak of this matter. We hope you will return to our property in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Belleville
Hampton Inn Detroit Belleville
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 5 in Belleville
Red Roof Inn Detroit Metro Airport Belleville
Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ann Arbor West
Holiday Inn Express Canton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Belleville? Share your experiences!