“Rough exterior, but decent rooms and good service”

Red Roof Inn Detroit Metro Airport Belleville
Red Roof Inn Detroit Metro Airport Belleville
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Belleville
NY
“Rough exterior, but decent rooms and good service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

From the outside, the place appears as the typical run-down motor hotel, but the rooms are okay. Bathrooms have recently been remodeled, although there was a bit of scum along the floor at the wall trim.

The bedding, towels and mattresses were of average quality, but clean and well kept. The TV was evidently one of the very first flat panels; poor quality, and the volume control barely made the programs audible.

Double bed rooms are terribly cramped. Toilet/shower is tiny, and the bed was only 9 inches from the wall.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Bronson, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

My husband and I had to move to Belleville almost overnight to accommodate his job. Upon arriving to the Red Roof Inn, I asked the front desk clerk if there were any discounted rates for staying a week. She was rude and told me that the prices are the same ALWAYS. Since we were tired and flustered, we stayed the night against my better judgement.

The room smelled stale, there was bugs all over it, the refrigerator was STICKY and unusable, the shower was gross, and the sheets felt like sand paper. We got a room with two queens. One bed had two pillows, the other bed had one. THEN, as we are leaving the Red Roof Inn that night to get some food, I see a HUGE sign on the building that says basically to ask about discounted rates if you're staying awhile.. and she told me the rates are the same all of the time?

SO, we only stayed that one night and that was plenty. I am not picky or hard to please, and I can certainly handle a little bit of dirt. This was far beyond that. I even caught my dog chomping on an old piece of gum he found somewhere in the room. Yuck.

Now we are at the Comfort Inn, and are much more comfortable. Stay at your own risk.

Room Tip: I read lots of other reviews saying that the upstairs rooms were better. I suggest checking your roo...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Megan S

Travellers are raving about these Belleville hotels

Kettering, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

The people were good, the room unexpectedly great. The parking for my room was far from the room for carrying stuff, but it was a quiet, modern, clean roon with a great bed and TV. It took awhile for the room to cool down from the summer heat, but soon enough I was doing great.

The morning coffee was good.

I usually stay across the freeway, but this was cheaper this trip and the other place has been going downhill over the past few years. This will be my new stay.

My only bad feeling was that I thought there were a few too many people wandering around that didn't look all that safe - but nothing happened to me or my car despite my concerns.

Room Tip: Uppers are bet, but there are only central stairwells so it could be a hike to your room from the pa...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank SenseIntoDollars
ambridge pa.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

I stayed here for a convention. When I got home I realized that had left a pair of shoes there. I called and spoke to Hannah and right away she called me back to say that my shoes were found and they were sent back to me in days. I want to thank Hannah again for helping me to get my shoes back. Thank You for being honest. ONE DAY SOON ALL PEOPLE ON EARTH WILL BE HONEST LIKE HANNA Psalms37:29.

• Stayed June 2014
Gladstone, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed at this property for three nights with a friend when we were in the area for an event at EMU. We probably would have stayed at one of the nicer motels just down the road, but they were sold out for the event. My biggest piece of advice about staying here is to go up to your room and look it over before even bringing in your bags. The first room we were assigned reeked of cigarette smoke, despite this being a non-smoking property. The smell permeated the bedding, the towels, and everything else. When I asked for a new room, the woman at the desk was very accommodating and apologetic and immediately gave me a key to another room. The second room was fine. Both rooms were clean other than the smell of the first one.
Other notes: There is no breakfast served, but there are a number of options very close by. There is a coffee maker in the room and coffee at the front desk in the morning. The property is pretty rough looking outside. The beds were so-so. It is nice that there is a fridge and microwave in every room, though we didn't use them.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
NYC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Hotel offers amenities beyond expectations-fridge, microwave, safety deposit box. Room spacious enough. Front desk extremely hospitable a offered us bottles of water, probably sensing we're tired (I was with a group of Chinese tourists from NYC Chinatown).
Hotel bedsheets probably need to be replaced. And hotel's corridor and staircases need serious cleaning.
With front desk's hospitality, will probably stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Choose ground floor room if you have luggage's as there is no elevator
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed at Red Roof Inn Belleville for our daughter's U of M graduation. It is very cheap, especially compared to Ann Arbor hotels at this time of year. It's not too far from Ann Arbor for the money and just for finding a room. But my husband and I had trouble sleeping for four reasons. First, although a king is usually just fine for us, this bed was way too soft for two larger people so we couldn't get comfortable. Second, on my side the bed the sheet was not wide enough to tuck in and kept exposing the mattress. Third, we could actually hear the next room using the bathroom. Fourth, the Detroit I-94 traffic was very loud and continual. Our solution would be to get a room with two beds. Also, when we turned on the bathroom fan, it drowned out the noise to a great degree.

Room Tip: It might be that even numbered rooms (away from the highway) are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belleville
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 5 in Belleville
Holiday Inn Express Belleville
Hampton Inn Detroit Belleville
Hampton Inn and Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus
Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites
Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest

Been to Red Roof Inn Detroit Metro Airport Belleville? Share your experiences!