“Great service!”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Belleville
Long Island, NY
“Great service!”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I left the dome light on in my rental vehicle. The front desk called my room at 12:30M to let me know. Had they not done this, the battery could have died and we might have missed our flight home. The next morning the desk said they had worried about waking me. No worries! Better up late than calling AAA and missing a flight. Decent room, good bed, quiet.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Belleville, Michigan
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for valentines day. Tried to surprise my boyfriend with a jucuzzi suite but all we got were disappointments !! Hair on my sheets jucuzzi nd toilet stains in the carpet the fire alarm went off thru out the building from the steam in our jucuzzi it was insane hair on the bagels in the breakfast Lobbie eww nd the suite at super 8 MOTEL next door is 3x the size as this run down put together HOTEL nd way cheaper I wouldn't recommend it I'd go to the super 8 this place is a freakin joke lol

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DchristineTA
gmmi150, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
We apologize that your stay in our hotel was disappointing! We would have appreciated if you could have brought our attention to these issues, at the time of checking out, when we asked your feedback, when your comments were all positive! Also, at the time of checking in you mentioned that you are an employee at Super 8 motel, and we also were thinking as to why even though you worked there, and as you mentioned in your review that the rooms were bigger and half the price of us, you chose us over Super 8? But again, we appreciate that you chose us!
Regarding the fire alarm going on, the fire alarm never goes on because of steam in the Jacuzzi; in that case it would have gone on every day, as those rooms are rented almost every day! The fire alarm goes on when someone smokes in the room, and that was what we were trying to stop!
I sincerely apologize that the room cleanliness & breakfast fell off your expectations! The house keepers have been informed along with the breakfast staff! I on behalf of my entire team sincerely apologize for failing to meet your expectations.

Travellers are raving about these Belleville hotels

Belleville, Michigan
Reviewed 20 January 2014

on sun 01/19@2014 our heat in our home went out. Monday morning the temp was 54 degrees. I called comfort inn to book a room. We have 2 Chihuahuas. It was going to go to zero tonite.DTE said they couldn't get to us until Tuesday afternoon. Too cold to stay home. When I got to hotel to check in early I was greated by Kathy at front desk she was very pleasant as though she was welcoming me into her home. As I was reaching for my credit card, my cell phone rang. It was dte they could get to me today. We didn't need the room,however I was treated so kind, I will always have high praise for this comfort inn in Belleville thanks Kathy, you were wonderful and kind. I forgot to mention that I am a 70 year old senior with asthema.

Room Tip: wonderful people work here.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Great place to stay and still be near the city. Situated between Ann Arbor and Detroit and just far enough away from the hustle and bustle of the city. The room was clean and the staff was excellent! Thanks Sylvia!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Sebastopol, California, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2013

This was one of the worst hotel stays I have ever had. The facility was dirty and very poorly maintained.

We asked for a wakeup call, which management agreed to to. But, when we checked into our room, we realized the phone was missing! If we had relied on this, we would have been in trouble.

The hair dryer was missing--ripped off the wall plate in the bathroom.

The switch for the wall-mounted light above our bed was missing--so the light could not be turned on.

I could continue. But the thing that amazed me, after reading the reviews on a couple travel sites (e.g. Hotels.com), is that the rating is way above what we experienced. Look at the reviews carefully, and I will bet my last dollar that management is padding their genuine negative reviews with fake ones to keep their rating.

This hotel was terrible, and if there were protections against entering reviews with fake emails, the TRUE rating for this place would be evident.

Room Tip: Best tip: find another hotel!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Tim S
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I stayed here for 2 days last weekend, and I enjoyed it. Good value. It cost $130 a night for 4 people and 2 queen sized beds. Granted, we didn't spend a lot of time in the room because we were very active visiting places. The breakfast was OK, but they did have decent eggs and sausage, whereas most places that offer breakfast only provide bread and cereal. We got an average size room for 4 people, and it was fairly clean. But again, we basically only slept there. I also felt it was a good location FOR OUR TRIP because we spent time in both Ann Arbor and Detroit. Belleville is about equidistant from both places. But if you're spending more time in one city than the other, I'd recommend staying at a hotel closer to one of those cities. I thought Belleville was a bit closer to Detroit, but the 20 mile drive into downtown got to be a burden after a while. It's close to the airport if you're looking for a place near the airport.

JGuha and SLaher were very helpful staff members. I didn't go in the pool, but the indoor pool didn't look too appealing. Also, didn't notice if they had a fitness center.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My stay was perfect. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable of the area. The rates are affordable. The hotel isn't updated but you can see that they are in the process of making changes. There is a great selection of breakfast in the morning. Checking in and out was fast and easy. No problems Connecting to WiFi. The pool area is clean and well maintained. Easy Access to the freeway. There's a lot of restaurants, And tons of stores in the area. I would definitely stay here again and tell other friends and family too also.

• Stayed July 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belleville
Holiday Inn Express Belleville
Red Roof Inn Detroit Metro Airport Belleville
Hampton Inn Detroit Belleville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ann Arbor
La Quinta Inn Detroit Canton
Baymont Inn & Suites Canton

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!