“The Craft of Benton Harbor”
Review of The Livery

The Livery
Ranked #10 of 67 Restaurants in Benton Harbor
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: Over one hundred years ago, the building known as the Palace Livery provided a vital service making it a unique gathering place for residents of and travelers to Southwest Michigan. This former horse stable has been brought back to life as The Livery. Located at 190 5th street, in the Arts District of downtown Benton Harbor, Michigan, the Livery features 12 taps of microbrew, 3 Real Ale taps, an outdoor beer garden, WIFI, and a Café serving great food. Music and other live entertainment are regularly featured in The Upper Livery entertainment venue.
Annapolis, Maryland
“The Craft of Benton Harbor”
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for a few beers. Great setup, good drinks reasonably priced and had the beer pretezels (a pricey for 1).

• Visited August 2013

Saint Joseph, Michigan
“My husband made me”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

My husband makes me go to this local joint because he likes their beer. I can't stand their beer and they offer little else if you want an adult beverage. I would give them more business myself if they had anything I liked to drink. Livery food is very good and the atmosphere is nice. Very, very casual! They got a higher score than I would have normally given them because of the food and my husband!

• Visited August 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Great beer”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

My boyfriend and I visited on a Saturday afternoon. The surrounding area was a total ghost town. I ordered a flight, really great and they let you choose your samples. We enjoyed all of their beers and the bar tender was great.

• Visited February 2013
Portage MI
“go for the beer, but nothing else”
Reviewed 15 April 2013

The beer was good, with plenty of choices, and it was reasonably priced.The bartender is friendly. Nothing else about this place was appealing. The menu is very limited; I think there was one entre' and one salad. You go to the counter and order your meal. We each had salmon sandwiches. The bun was too big and falling apart, and we had to go bother the cook (who was sitting in the eating area talking to a friend) to get us forks so we could eat most of our sandwich. My wife said her sandwich was very dry; I think that the cook forgot to put the mayonaise on it. The atmospere is basement rec room with absolutely no appeal or uniqueness. The music was irritating, but at least it wasn't so loud that it kept us from being able to carry on a conversation.

• Visited April 2013
“Beer better than food!”
Reviewed 25 February 2013 via mobile

This place had great reviews online, so I couldn't wait to try it out. I had the veggie appetizer and cheese pizza. My sister's margarita pizza was better than mine. Hummus was very good. Also had beer sampler. I just wasn't that impressed by the whole place: more of a place to hang with friends than a nice meal out with family. No table service when we were there, had to order at counter.