“Delicioso!!!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Shelbyville, Indiana
“Delicioso!!!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My sister and I found this little gem a couple of years ago while staying in Benton Harbor, MI. Now any time we are back in Michigan, we HAVE to stop in. Nothing has change besides the prices have went up a little, but a family of three can still eat a huge meal for around $20. This restaurant is in a little Mexican grocery store, so the food is prepared right there. My favorite is the tamales and I think this last time my sister and I shared a "six-pack" and it was $5.99. They have three different varieties: pork, chicken, and cheese/jalapeno. Our favorite is the pork, but they are all great. My brother in law had steak tacos, my husband had a full dinner (cannot remember the name of it) including steak with peppers and onions, rice, refried beans, and tortillas. My stepson and nephews also love eating here. Also, the homemade salsa is divine, with fresh cilantro, onions, and tomatoes. For those that love it really hot, each table has a variety of hot sauces: red sauce, salsa verde, and habenaro. Oh, the guacamole is also really delicious and I found out that unless you are hosting a party, no need to order a medium as it is a tub of it!
We LOVE La Perla!!!

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Margaret M

“An authentic Q'doba or Moe's southwest grill”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

They cook the meat when you order it so you know it's freshly grilled, it's not sitting on some buffet line. Fresh ingredients, cheap prices, I'll take it! This is not for the "hoity-toity", it's in a supermarket.

2 Thank Moldog81
Saint Joseph, Michigan
“Always good”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Slightly off the beaten path, and you have to wait in line most of the time. Worth everything!! I always get the steak burrito. Love it! Authentic! They have expanded the eating area over the years. Yum!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Shari W
Woodbury, Minnesota
“The food is great”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I'm giving the food four stars. We have eaten here for lunch many times. I love the fish tacos. My husband has tried many selections and loved them also. I wouldn't eat here for dinner only because the atmosphere is lacking. It's in a grocery store.

• Visited May 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great food you don't want to miss”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Delicious, authentic Mexican food. The food is tasty, the portions are generous, and the service is great. Definitely check it out if you're in the area.

• Visited May 2014