Red Roof Inn Benton Harbor St. Joseph
US$147
US$117
Hotels.com
Comfort Suites Benton Harbor(Benton Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$85
ComfortSuites
Best Western Benton Harbor - St. Joseph(Benton Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$90
US$135
US$117
Days Inn & Suites Benton Harbor MI(Benton Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$85
Hotels.com
US$132
SpringHill Suites
US$50
Motel 6 Benton Harbor(Benton Harbor)
US$62
US$59
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewswifi is freea ground floor roomother hotelsmini fridgedesk clerkclean hotelshirleymcdonaldslouissthighway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 November 2011

The staff was very friendly, room was clean and comfortable, wi-fi worked well.The price was very good several restaurants, gas stations nearby with easy access on and off the expressway.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
MrBlock, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Benton Harbor St. Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2012

I'm happy everything was to your approval. I thank you for your business.

Reviewed 1 October 2011

We found plenty of tractor-trailer parking in the rear of the hotel, as well as it was pet-friendly at no extra fee. (In fact, all Red Roofs are pet friendly and pets stay free.) The front desk was very accomodating with giving us a room close to the truck and meeting all our needs. Internet service was excellent in all rooms. And there is a pancake restaurant next door for breakfast. We found the room to be neat, clean, odor free, and spacious. Even the cat was happy there! Would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

WOW! Thank you so much for the feedback. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 August 2011

Well, there are pros & cons to this place. In the first place, it's not a hotel, it's a motel: you drive right up to your room and park outside your door.
Pros: The desk clerk was friendly, if not downright flirtatious, but perhaps he was just trying to make conversation (or get a date). The room was very clean, and the bed neatly made up. The grounds are also very clean. The mattress (the part that I slept on) was very firm and comfortable.
Well, that's about it for the pros.
Cons: The parking lot is in horrid condition: deep, staggering potholes everywhere and cracked, badly scarred paving throughout. The building has seen better days...maybe it looked good thirty years ago (and only thirty years ago). The office is extremely difficult to find; it's not marked, and I had to walk around the entire building before I found it. The towels were not the best quality: rough & scratchy (I usually bring my own, which really helped on this trip). The mattress had NOT BEEN TURNED (a big pet peeve). The side nearest the nightstand was very depressed; I had to sleep on the other side of the bed.The air-conditioner decided to fall apart during the night, and stopped working completely. It then proceeded to leak water all over the carpet; I had a huge puddle under it the next morning when I awakened. When I brought this to the attention of the checkout clerk, she really didn't seem to car. Well, it's been a hot summer, she said. Well, guess what honey, that's not my problem...but apparently maintenance didn't seem to be her problem, either.
The BIGGEST CON OF ALL is the price they charged me for the room: $86.00 USD. Bloody unbelievable, and completely outrageous. They should be charging $26.00 USD and be grateful. This place is OVERPRICED AND NOT WORTH THE BOTHER.

Room Tip: Air-conditioners break down often. The towels are rough. Mattresses are not turned.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
MrBlock, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Benton Harbor St. Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2011

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Corrective measures have been taken to repair the a/c and the parking lot issues. As for our rate, I can assure you that if you do a price comparison for the area you'll find we are very fairly priced for the market. Please know that I value you as our guest and appreciate your business.

Reviewed 17 August 2011

Hotel was clean and is located right off of Rt 31 and I 94. Our room faced the interstate, so it was a little loud but no big deal. Lots of fast food, resturants, and shopping nearby. It's about 15-20 minute drive to the beach areas.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends

Thank you for your business and glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 20 July 2011

Easy to make reservations online . . . and help when to cancel one when I hit the button one too many times. Provided good directions to the place over the phone when we got to town at night. Received a nice welcome and was told about 24-hr coffee and given clear directions to room. Parked right in front of room, so easy handling of luggage. Room was clean. We had a king bed, frig, and coffee pot. Missed a hair dryer, though. Had A/C, which was necessary for the time we were there. Was still a bit noisy being close to the highway, but that didn't affect a good night's sleep. Left early and checked out. Forgot my pillows about 2 hrs from motel and called them to see if they could ship them to our home. They were very polite and did so without any hesitation. Pillows arrived COD and they only asked for a review, which we are more than happy to give a great recommendation.

Room Tip: Lots of restaurants near by.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

I'm happy to hear everything went well with your stay and you received your pillows.

Thank you, we appreciate your business..