I have to say, for 60 bucks a night, it's hard to ask for much more than what the Red Roof Inn at Benton Harbor had to offer. The neighborhood is slightly suspect, but overall, it was a HUGE value.
- Clean rooms with a fridge, coffee pot and good-sized TV. It's nothing fancy, so don't expect it to be, but it was a place to stay and a great one. The room we stayed in (118) was very clean and neat. You can definitely tell that there have been a lot of repairs to the rooms; caulking, patched holes, lines in the ceiling and many others. But that's a GOOD thing!
- Wonderfully close to two AMAZING beaches (Silver Beach in St. Joseph & Jean Klock Park (maybe the most beautiful beach I've been to yet; although not many, it includes Manhattan Beach in California).
- Courteous staff was willing to help with whatever we needed, pointed us in the right direction and got us in and out in a hurry. Thank you!
- The neighborhood was certainly different than St. Joseph. Benton Harbor is a bit impoverished to say the least so the location wasn't great despite being so close to the beaches. Being close to them was about the only positive when it came to the location. That and being close to shopping / restaurants.
- The outside is a little intimidating. Coming from North County, St. Louis, it wasn't anything absolutely shocking for me, but for those who may not be used to it, the appearance was a little "ghetto" so to speak. This all changed once we got in the room, but it's not a glamorous looking place by any means.
- The lobby was a little out of sorts. Ceiling was leaking in spots and it just seemed a little rough.
That's pretty much it for the cons. It was a Red Roof Inn, not a Ritz Carlton. For 59.99 a night, it was a wonderful experience and I'd be back in a heartbeat. I miss our little hotel room!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Red Roof Benton Harbor/Saint Joseph, about 30 minutes from both Kalamazoo and South Bend. Red Roof Benton Harbor/Saint Joseph is conveniently located on Interstate 94 on the Historic Michigan Wine Trail. Red Roof Benton Harbor/Saint Joseph is located near Silver Beach County Park, the Berrien County Fairgrounds, Warren Dunes State Park, Indiana Dunes State Park, Washington Park and Red Bud Motor Cross trail as well as several corporate headquarters, including Whirlpool, Bosch and Leco, in addition to nuclear plants Cook and Palisades. We’re close to several colleges; Notre Dame University, Lake Michigan College, Western Michigan University SW Campus, Andrews University, Southwest Michigan College. Enjoy shopping? Check out Orchards Mall, Kohl’s, Target, Wal-Mart, Meijer’s, Best Buy all within 1 mile of the hotel or go to downtown Saint Joseph and visit the many shops and boutiques- it’s only 5 miles away. Come stay with us if you’re going to a show or an event at the Mendel Center we’re just 5 minutes away and we’re also not too far from Southwest Michigan Regional Airport, Kalamazoo/Battle Creek International Airport or Michiana (South Bend) Regional Airport. Numerous restaurants are near the hotel: Applebee’s, Texas Coral, IHOP, Bob Evan’s along with several local favorites: El Rodeo (Mexican), Sophia’s House of Pancakes and China Buffet. If you’re looking for the quick drive thru: There’s a McDonalds, Burger King, Steak n Shake, Wendy’s, Dairy Queen, Taco Bell and KFC within a mile and many pizza places to choose from. The hotel offers free parking for semis and busses and Red Roof always welcomes well behaved pets at no charge. Wireless internet is complimentary in all guest rooms. Wheelchair and ADA rooms are available. The friendly and knowledgeable staff knows how to make guests feel confident, significant, and delighted.This 100% Non-Smoking Red Roof Inn offers not only free Wi-Fi and a flat screen TV in all guestrooms but all long distance calls are complimentary anywhere in the continental US. We offer both a Deluxe Double that includes a microwave/microfridge unit and a Superior King room which offers a large workstation with ergonomic chair and special task lighting as well as microwave/microfridge units and in room coffee makers - a nominal fee may apply for both; please inquire. Free coffee and tea available in the lobby 24/7. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Red Roof Inn, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Red Roof Inn Benton Harbor St. Joseph reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Benton Harbor Red Roof Inn
- Red Roof Inn Benton Harbor