I stayed here because none of the hotels close to the beach were available. The price was ok, upon leaving I did see across the street another hotel for 20$ cheaper. The website for the hotel states that it is modern, if modern means a black mini fridge and black microwave then I guess it is modern. The air conditioning unit kept turning off and was very loud. I wanted my room to be very cool and it was hit and stuffy. The fan in the bathroom was very very loud and for a hotel that states it is modern, maybe they should look into a light and fan combo that is not from the 60's. the room was clean and the beds were comfortable. I may stay here again if there is nothing close to the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Red Roof Benton Harbor/Saint Joseph, about 30 minutes from both Kalamazoo and South Bend. Red Roof Benton Harbor/Saint Joseph is conveniently located on Interstate 94 on the Historic Michigan Wine Trail. Red Roof Benton Harbor/Saint Joseph is located near Silver Beach County Park, the Berrien County Fairgrounds, Warren Dunes State Park, Indiana Dunes State Park, Washington Park and Red Bud Motor Cross trail as well as several corporate headquarters, including Whirlpool, Bosch and Leco, in addition to nuclear plants Cook and Palisades. We’re close to several colleges; Notre Dame University, Lake Michigan College, Western Michigan University SW Campus, Andrews University, Southwest Michigan College. Enjoy shopping? Check out Orchards Mall, Kohl’s, Target, Wal-Mart, Meijer’s, Best Buy all within 1 mile of the hotel or go to downtown Saint Joseph and visit the many shops and boutiques- it’s only 5 miles away. Come stay with us if you’re going to a show or an event at the Mendel Center we’re just 5 minutes away and we’re also not too far from Southwest Michigan Regional Airport, Kalamazoo/Battle Creek International Airport or Michiana (South Bend) Regional Airport. Numerous restaurants are near the hotel: Applebee’s, Texas Coral, IHOP, Bob Evan’s along with several local favorites: El Rodeo (Mexican), Sophia’s House of Pancakes and China Buffet. If you’re looking for the quick drive thru: There’s a McDonalds, Burger King, Steak n Shake, Wendy’s, Dairy Queen, Taco Bell and KFC within a mile and many pizza places to choose from. The hotel offers free parking for semis and busses and Red Roof always welcomes well behaved pets at no charge. Wireless internet is complimentary in all guest rooms. Wheelchair and ADA rooms are available. The friendly and knowledgeable staff knows how to make guests feel confident, significant, and delighted.This 100% Non-Smoking Red Roof Inn offers not only free Wi-Fi and a flat screen TV in all guestrooms but all long distance calls are complimentary anywhere in the continental US. We offer both a Deluxe Double that includes a microwave/microfridge unit and a Superior King room which offers a large workstation with ergonomic chair and special task lighting as well as microwave/microfridge units and in room coffee makers - a nominal fee may apply for both; please inquire. Free coffee and tea available in the lobby 24/7. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Red Roof Inn, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Red Roof Inn Benton Harbor St. Joseph reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Benton Harbor Red Roof Inn
- Red Roof Inn Benton Harbor