“Clean place to stay for a Great Price” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Red Roof Inn Benton Harbor St. Joseph
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Benton Harbor
Cleveland, Ohio
“Clean place to stay for a Great Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I am a 30 year old woman that travels about 10 times a year for work. I stayed at the Red Roof Inn while in town for a wedding. I will say, I am easy to please. I don't need alot of ammenities. I was traveling by myself & I felt safe. There is a Target, Wal-Mart, TJ Maxx, etc near by. Plenty of food options too. The hotel room was clean, both bed & bath. There was a TV with a variety of stations. No loud noises from other guests. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel.
*Also note, that I stayed 1 night at this hotel & 1 night at the Silver Beach hotel in St. Joseph. The silver Beach hotel was 3 times the price & I would say the rooms were equivalent.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Kelly H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

My 15 year old daughter posted a review and I agree with everything she said.
Here is my review.
When we arrived in Benton harbor the hotel looked run down and old. When we walked into the front desk area there was incense burning in a holder on the desk..?
The woman working the desk, sorry don't remember her name, was very polite.
When we walked into the room we could easily see that the room was dirty. There were stains on the bed covers and the blankets. The sheets appeared to be clean but who knows.
The carpets are in poor condition. There were no towels, which were not delivered to the room I had to go get them. The dresser drawer had what appeared to mouse poop in it. Called the front desk, the friendly woman from the front desk delivered the extra pillows we asked for, sprayed and wiped the drawer. The bathroom is very small and dark.
On or last night here I walked down to the vending room to get ice. There was green algae growing on the floor at the ice machine and a puddle of water in the middle of the floor.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone at anytime. I would probably not stay at any red roof inn after this place. Final note. The room we were in, room 238, had not been properly cleaned in months. Lots of dust and trash behind the dresser, bathrooms walls sprayed but not scrubbed. The cleaning staff is either very understaffed, poorly trained, or just doesn't care about the kind if job they do.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
6 Thank Startin1

Travellers are raving about these Benton Harbor hotels

Benton Harbor, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

So my parents, sister, puppy and I are from PA. We came to Michigan to celebrate my uncle's 50th birthday. When we drove 5-6 hours to get there, it looks old and worn down.
Unfortunately all the hotels we tried to get rooms from we're either non-pet or full... In Feburary.

Slim pickings. Bummer.

When we went into the room we found no towel, 1 bar of face soap, stains everywhere, and what appeared to be mousepoop in the dresser. My mother immediately wiped down the remote and phone. We called the front desk for towels, but never came and we had to walk down to the lobby. Luckily, someone came and wiped the mouse droppings from the drawer. As an afterthought, it's incredibly dusty in here. I'm allergic to dust :(

Wouldn't recommend this to anyone else, and never coming back.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kayla M
Rogersville, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Tried to find motel for a weekend trip. Most were booked and some were inflated summer price. Found Red Roof and when we checked in we were wondering if this was going to be dive. From outside it did not look good. Room was good, clean and comfortable.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Lemont, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Don't waste your time and money. I am still waiting for my full refund! I was supposed to stay here this past Friday and Saturday night with 3 other families who also all booked rooms here. I actually picked this place based on good Trip Advisor reviews! Well, either this place took a turn for the worse over the past 6 weeks, or Trip Advisor failed me for the first time ever. When I came to check in, there was one employee working the desk, and later found out, the only employee at the hotel. She gave me my room keys, I went to open the door, and the room was a complete disaster! Both beds unmade, and wet towels on the floor. So, I went back and told her that room was unacceptable. She said ok, there were only 2 other rooms available that night, that she would come with me to check them out. I had my mom, daughter, and puppy with me. Well, she opened the door to the 2nd room, only to find the exact same situation! Room unclean, beds unmade, etc!!! Unbelievable! Finally, she opened the last room..............our only option left, and we went in. On first glance, it appeared clean because the beds were made. However, we looked over and saw a dirty rolled up sock on the dresser and a razor. Then, I went up to one of the beds, and pulled down the comforter 2 inches, only to find 2 black, possibly pubic hairs on the pillow and a small swatch of blood! I wanted to throw up right then and there! I told her there was no way I was having my family stay at this hotel, and that I wanted a full refund. I had prepaid through Expedia for a two night stay. She said she was sorry, but that I had to deal with Expedia, since the reservation was through them! Unreal! I felt sorry for the girl working the desk, as the whole situation was not her fault, and she kindly wrote me a letter stating that the conditions in the remaining rooms were unacceptable and that I should be given a full refund. However, I am still waiting on Expedia! After having to find a last minute hotel room at 11:30 pm at night, thankfully, I then spent another almost hour on the phone with Expedia, with no resolution to my situation. Supposedly, they have to wait to talk to the manager of the hotel Monday morning to 'verify' the conditions Friday night. If the manager reads this, I ask you to kindly reply to Expedia and grant my full refund, because at this moment, I will NEVER stay at a Red Roof Inn, I will NEVER use the pre-pay option on Expedia, and I will have no problem making some phone calls to the Better Business Bureau and Department of Health. Oh yeah, and my friends who were booked at the Red Roof Inn also had some disasterous situations. One family arrived earlier in the night to at least receive a room that had been 'cleaned'. However, the first room they were given, they opened the door and people were in there!!! Then, after my friend complained to the front desk the next morning, later when they returned, their room had been given away to other guests!!! Even though they didn't check out and had pre-paid for the 2nd night as well! If this wasn't so infuriating, you would have thought we were on Candid Camera. What a disaster!! Another family was given a room with sopping wet carpet and a broken refrigerator, and the last family's room had no trash can and only 1 towel for 2 people.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank LovestoTravel518
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

good if you are on a shoestring budget. staff allowed us to check the room, it was clean, extra towels were no problem. no problem with noise. 15 minutes to St. Joseph and the beach. motel located in a complex of other hotels, restaurants and traveler rest stops so the area was fine. bed was fine, air conditioner fine, cable TV (flat screen) and internet just fine. all good.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Location
      Rooms
chicago illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Very old, needs lots of updating. Carpet nasty.(socks stuck to rug.) 1 dresser. 1 small counter with sink. Bathroom very small. No towels. Called front office and had to ask for them. Was told they only had a floor bath mat and large towels. No wash cloths or hand towels. Town very run down and lots of businesses were either out of business or going out of business.

Room Tip: Wifi very slow.