All reviewswifi is freea ground floor roomother hotelsdesk clerkmini fridgeshirleymcdonaldslouishighwaystlinens
Reviewed 24 September 2017

We often travel with our old dog so we have to stay where she is accepted. This Red Roof was clean, not torn up, cheap and they accepted our dog. No major complaints but the bed was worn out..

Glad we weren't on the highway side as it's very close to the expressway and the noise would keep me up all night.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Doug W
CaseyStrawmier, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Benton Harbor St. Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Hello. I am glad we could meet your expectations. We would like to see you on your next trip to Benton Harbor.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

I booked the hotel for me and my family. When we arrived, we found the air conditioning unit to be non-working. The outside door would not close properly and would constantly beep throughout the night. When I asked maintenance to repair it they said "you just have to jiggle it". Are you kidding me? I did not feel safe in this room. This was Labor Day weekend and all of their units were full so we couldn't change rooms and everywhere else was full. In the morning when we went to shower, we noticed the shower leaks from the floor into the bathroom. This place is old. And it needs to be updated. Can't believe they allowed this room to be reserved.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank William W
CaseyStrawmier, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Benton Harbor St. Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Hello Mr. William W,
I am sorry our hotel did not meet your expectations. We try to make each guest happy and comfortable. Maybe in the near future you will give us another chance. Thank you.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Our room was on the second floor - no elevator. Not a deal breaker unless you really need one. Our room had vinyl floors which felt cleaner than carpet. The bath tub had black around the tub and was kinda gross.

The beds were ok.... Not super comfy. The staff was friendly. We only stayed for one night so we thought, overall, it was fine for the price.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
CaseyStrawmier, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Benton Harbor St. Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Hello Thank you for writing a review. We really appreciate the feedback. Hope to see you on your next visit to Benton Harbor.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Carpet not vacuumed. Bathroom dirty and old. Toilet seat looked like someone was using it to cut lumber. Sink and dressers were newer. Beds were fairly comfortable. The a/c unit was fairly quiet. Neighbors- not so much. Had to ask for towels so we could all take a shower- we had 2. Beds were small. Not the best area. Thank goodness we were only there to sleep.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank bonnieja
CaseyStrawmier, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Benton Harbor St. Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Hello. Thank you for taking time out to writing a review. I want to apologize for your stay not being as comfortable as it should of been. We want every guest to feel welcomed and this did not happen in your case. We are very sorry for the inconvenience. We will strive to make a difference everyday to ensure this does not happen again. I hope in the near future you will give us another chance. Thank you

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Pros: comfortable beds and quiet. Air conditioner worked great. Front desk staff were very inviting.
Cons: Dirty old bathrooms. Bathrooms are in desperate need for renovation. Water in tub fills up to ankles when showering. Room smells musty. Location is shady. Didn't feel safe.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gabriella K
CaseyStrawmier, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Benton Harbor St. Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Hello. I am glad to hear your stay was comfortable. We became under new management last year and they have been working very hard with the renovation. Unfortunately the tubs have not been done yet. Thank you very much for your review.