“Spacious room”

Comfort Suites Benton Harbor
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Benton Harbor
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We had a nice room on the ground floor. The room was very clean. The gold color scheme was a bit 70ish, but with modern furnishings. I loved that there was several light sources throughout the room as well as multiple plug ins for data devices at the desk area in the room. We were a bit disappointed that the internet was not working the first night we stayed, but was repaired by morning. The breakfast was well maintained and came with lots of choices. The eggs were a bit rubbery for my liking. Other choices included fresh toast, cereal, make your own waffles, sausage, bagels, cereal, oatmeal and a variety of muffins and pastries. There really was something for everyone. I really want to give a shout out to Cody who worked at the front desk. Anytime we needed anything, he helped without delay. Also, one member of housekeeping was great in helping me find the ice machine, (only one on the 3rd floor) when I wandered out of my room with my low prescription glasses on. She was a great help since I couldn't read the signs to find my way to the ice machine. The one thing that really bothered us was having housekeeping enter our room while we were all sleeping. That was kind of scary. Housekeeping did knock, but didn't give us time to get to the door before entering the room. This happened about 9 am. We were due to check out at 11 am and felt like they should have waited until after check out time to clean the room. Next time I will verify that we put out the do not disturb tag on the door!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank ksully357

Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

Wonderful breakfast, clean rooms and friendly staff. Housekeeping came in everyday of our 4 night stay and cleaned and gave us fresh towels. Always greeted by the front desk staff. Will stay there next year when we vacation

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Mjpbj
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The staff was wonderful, helpful and friendly. The price in the summer is a bit pricey compared to other times of the year...then again...it is summer.

I would stay again. The room was clean, big enough to move around and not trip over anything.

The pool was a great, enjoyed that very much.

Breakfast was goo, had better at other comfort inn's but not bad.

Room Tip: The rooms with two queen beds are really roomy!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JillHegedus
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice over the past few years. Aside from being a great price, it's comfortable and very clean. The guest rooms are huge - both times I've stayed, we had a room with 2 queens beds plus a pull-out sleeper sofa. Excellent value for the money.

The only reason I didn't rank it 5 stars is because you do have to drive a bit to get to the beach, wineries, nice restaurant, etc. It's still well worth staying here because you get such a good value for your money.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

I can't say enough wonderful things about the staff here. They were very friendly & helpful. Sunday breakfast included bacon & wonderful little Danishes.

However, the rooms themselves were not so great. We walked in our room to find a giant slug on the wall (causing our 4 kiddos to have a hard time falling asleep). The wallpaper in the bathrooms was significantly peeling in several places, and there was a good amount of lint in the bathroom sink upon our arrival. Because we didn't check in until midnight, we overlooked the issues as we just wanted to go to bed. We told the front desk about the slug we'd found the next morning, but there was nothing done at that point.

Saturday night stay was pricey, but this hotel suited our basic needs as a stopover from our Niagara Falls drive home to Chicago. Kids enjoyed the pool, but because of their rooms, I'd look to stay someplace else next time around.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We enjoyed staying at this Comfort Suites hotel. The staff was pleasant and helpful and there was a good variety of food although some of the food was not as good as in a previous Comfort Suites hotel we had stayed in. The pool and sauna, however, were wonderful, and the pool was equipped with a chair for handicapped entrance. All in all this was a good place to stay and the price was very reasonable. We picked up a travel coupon book at a rest stop and got an excellent rate.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2013 via mobile

I had an opportunity to stay at this hotel during one of my recent travels. I used my choice privileges app for my iPhone to find the nearest hotel and I'm glad I did. I've been went and used another app called hotel coupons dot com To get a $69 same-day rate. I'm glad I did my overall experience was great.

• Stayed: March 2013
The Inn at Harbor Shores
The Inn at Harbor Shores
#2 of 6 in Saint Joseph
Staybridge Suites - Benton Harbor-St. Joseph River

Been to Comfort Suites Benton Harbor? Share your experiences!