I was in town for business and stayed here for one night. The hotel was very easy to get to, it is just off I-94. It is fairly secluded from the other hotels, stores and restaurants that are on the other side of I-94. Some people may not like this since it feels like you're in the middle of nowhere when arriving at night. At the same time, it is far away from any of the bad areas of Benton Harbor. At no time did I feel unsafe. It is about 15 minutes drive from downtown St. Joseph and Silver Beach.
The entire hotel looks and feels very new, I think it was either built or updated within the last year or two. The lobby was spacious with a LCD TV and nice seating. The people at the front desk were fairly helpful and friendly. I booked online for the lowest rate I could find and got a good sized room that had a king sized bed, couch, coffee table, desk, large 37" LCD TV, large mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and iron. Everything was very clean and felt fairly new, including the bathroom. The towels and sheets were stain and hole free. The room didn't have any weird or unpleasant smells. Despite the hotel being right next to the interstate, I couldn't hear any traffic noise at all though I never tried opening the windows. The free wireless internet was decently fast and easy to use.
I did not use the pool, business center, or fitness room, though the pool and fitness center also look fairly new. Apparently you can also rent an Xbox360 from the front desk. Checkout was a breeze and the hot breakfast was nice, there was a good selection of continental breakfast type food. The hot part consisted of pancakes, bacon, and a waffle maker. The pancakes and bacon seemed like they were previously frozen and didn't taste very good, but the rest of the breakfast stuff was okay.
If you need to stay a night or two in the area and want something new, clean, and comfortable, I would recommend this hotel. I tend to nitpick when it comes to writing reviews but I honestly can't think of any real negatives to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful hotel, newly remodeled and renovated, conveniently located in Benton Harbor, MI, just a few miles from beautiful Silver Beach on Lake Michigan, and downtown Saint Joseph. We are located in close proximity to casinos. Many guests enjoy the winery tours offered in our area. Whether is business or leisure, just you or the whole family, Comfort Suites Benton Harbor is sure to be relaxing for anyone! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Comfort Suites Benton Harbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Benton Harbor Hotel Benton Harbor
- Benton Harbor Comfort Suites