“Friendly staff, nice stay”

Holiday Inn Express Benton Harbor
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Benton Harbor
Chicago, Illinois
“Friendly staff, nice stay”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

We stayed here for a couple nights, the beds were surprisingly comfy and so were the pillows. The breakfast was great and they had a huge selection. Upon checking out and leaving the hotel the front desk had called to let us know I left my prescription in the room, that saved me a huge hassle! The room and bathroom were very clean. I would recommend this hotel to everyone needing to stay near Benton Harbor, its really a great value.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Gene B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Benton Harbor, responded to this review, 26 April 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your great review of the Holiday Inn Express in Benton Harbor MI. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to exceed your expectations with the value, service, and accommodations both during and after your stay. With out such great guests and their valuable feedback such as yours we would not have the information to provide our guests with the best stay possible at such a great value. Thank you again and we look forward to being able to exceed your expectations during future stays with us!
Gene Barker, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I stayed at the hotel for two nights 8th April and 9th April as part of company business travel and had great experience.
I travelled from Chicago airport to the hotel and arrived around late evening on day 1, and was very tired so called in the reception to order food and the lovely girl Kaly was kind enough to assist me with ordering food straight away.
I called in reception for a taxi next morning to take me to the supplier site, and requested the lady on the reception (I can't recall her name and I do apologise for not remembering) to ask if the taxi accepts credit cards, but the taxi company replied in negative so the lady pointed me in the direction of the cash machine outside the nearest petrol station. I went to withdraw cash but my bank had put restriction on cash so I couldn't. On my way back I explained my situation to the lady on the reception and she was kind enough to offer me lift to the supplier site, which was very kind of her and also said she would speak to the manager if he can allow some cash over the counter and charge me on invoice.After a while the manager arrived and I explained my situation to the manager who was also kind enough and very helpful and he spoke with the taxi company who then accepted to take credit card.
On the day when I was leaving the lady on the reception (SAM) made multiple calls to taxi company as they were late and kept me with a good company as I had to wait an hour for taxi at reception.
All four staff at the hotel were fantastic , service was excellent and very very wellcoming. Thank you Guys!
I would highly recommend this place. Coffee is served 24x7 downstairs at reception which was a blessing for a Coffee holic like me!
Just a note of caution : There is only one taxi service in Benton Harbor (Advance Cab..which is not so advance to be honest), and that taxi service has only one taxi!!! so please make sure you have a reliable transportation before you travel for Benton Harbor.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Gene B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Benton Harbor, responded to this review, 19 April 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
It is a pleasure to hear we were able to exceed your expectations with your stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Benton Harbor MI. We value every guest and aim to go above and beyond in any way we can to provide them the most accommodating stay. Our staff prides themselves in this and feedback like yours ensures that we know we are preforming to the best of our abilities to provide our guests with what they need. We look forward to exceeding your expectations with during your next stay with us and appreciate your kind words.
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The staff at the hotel were very accommodating and friendly - allowing us to check in early and making sure our rooms were correct. The rooms were clean and comfortable. While we did not need to use the service, it was nice to know that we could print documents without being charged.

Room Tip: The hotel can be a bit noisy - would recommend the back side of the hotel and maybe the third floor...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your feedback and we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We always strive to provide each and every guest with a comfortable and stress free stay, allowing them to relax and be themselves. Services such as the 24 hour business center, free wireless internet, and remote printing have been added to help our guests get their work done in a comfortable relaxing environment. We thank you again for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Benton Harbor and look forward to our next opportunity to provide you with another exceptional stay.

Whitelaw, Wisconsin
Reviewed 5 April 2013

After a hard days work, got in the car on our way to Kalamazoo. Around 11:30pm we needed to stop. The Holiday Inn was visible off the highway and easy to find. The staff were so friendly. After an exhausting day, it was so nice to be greeted by smiling, cheerful staff. The property was spotless. I don't know if it is new or was renovated. The bed, nice and firm, but not to hard. Multiple pillows to find one to your liking. We had a great nights rest. And in the morning, the cinnamon rolls, so good. I did not rate the kids activities or the room service as we did not use these services.

Room Tip: Asked for a quite room with no kids running on our heads. We were given a room on the top floor at...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Gene B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Benton Harbor, responded to this review, 6 April 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Express, Benton Harbor. I am very pleased to hear you were able to relax, be yourself, and enjoy your stay. Our staff prides themselves in their stellar customer service, friendly attitudes, and attention to detail. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and look forward to accommodating you on your next trip through our area!!
Milton
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I've stayed here a number of times and have always been impressed by the hospitality and friendliness of the staff. When I open the door to my room, I'm always impressed with it's size, the amenities etc. The free breakfast is always great, and you have to try the cinnamon buns - always amazing!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side to the highway. I slept well despite the traffic but others mig...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,
As a loyal guest at the Holiday Inn Express, Benton Harbor I would like to thank you for your valued feedback regarding your stays with us. Without guests response such as yours we would be unable to know how to best service our guests. It is wonderful to hear your stays have been so pleasant and if there is ever anything my staff or I can do to better accommodate you please let us know.
Paxton, Nebraska
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We really appreciated the helpfulness of the young man who checked us in, and the reduced rate he gave us. The reason I'm not going to give this property five stars is this: a fairly strong smoke smell when the shower was running. The friends we were with reported the same from their room. Also our bed wasn't as firm as we'd like. Personal opinion, probably. Otherwise it's a nice place, good breakfast!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Gene B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Benton Harbor, responded to this review, 22 March 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to personally thank you the review of your stay at the Holiday Inn Express, Benton Harbor, MI. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and would like to apologize for the smoky odor of your bathroom. While Michigan is a 100% smoke free state and we strive to provide every guest with a clean breathing environment, unfortunately there are still those that disregard the state smoking laws. It is our goal that every guest leave completely satisfied with their stay so if you experience anything unsatisfactory with future stays please bring it to the attention of staff and we will be more then please to assist you with changing your room. Again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Kansas
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Stayed at this hotel on Jan. 31st after traveling in snow, slick roads and white outs. Cody gave us a good rate and was very helpful. Room was very clean with comfortable beds. Very good breakfast; pancakes, bacon, donuts, toast, fruit, small omelets, biscuits & gravy, juice, coffee, dry cereal, milk. Only bad experience was when wife and I stepped outside, slipped in the snow just outside the door and fell striking her head on the concrete. When we notified the desk clerk, she immediately offered calling medical assistance, made note of the fall, but did not ask for her name or any information for management. She also immediately shoveled the sidewalk of the snow, but did not put down any salt. Other than this incident, this is an excellent hotel to stay. Very friendly staff, especially Cody. Nice, friendly, clean cut young man! Thank you Cody! Would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Gene B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Benton Harbor, responded to this review, 24 February 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience here at the Holiday Inn Express, Benton Harbor. There’s no tool more valuable than our guests’ feedback to ensure we our providing the best accommodations to each and every guest. I would also like to take this opportunity to apologize for the incident and ensure you every precaution has been taken to prevent this from happening in the future, as our guests’ satisfaction and safety are our number one goals. We look forward to seeing you again during your next stay at your Holiday Inn Express, Benton Harbor.
Gene
#4 of 11 in Benton Harbor
Days Inn & Suites Benton Harbor MI
Best Western Benton Harbor - St. Joseph
Springhill Suites Benton Harbor St. Joseph

Been to Holiday Inn Express Benton Harbor? Share your experiences!