“"Excellent Service"!”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Benton Harbor
Oakville, Canada
“"Excellent Service"!”
Reviewed 16 May 2013

We arrived @11 pm & was immediately welcomed by the desk staff. I explained we'd been driving all day, the kids were asleep in the car. She quickly processed our information & she set us up in a room. We went up and the room was spotless, no smells and plenty of room for our luggage's. The kids said it's was the best sleep they'd had in any hotel beds! Comfy pillows, the right temperature of the room and a clean bathroom. We showered and made it downstairs for the "included breakfast" in the morning. The kids had fun with the pancake maker. The older one had the eggs and sausage while we enjoyed a fresh glass of orange juice, yogurt, fresh coffee, and danishes. The area was clean and the service was prefect! If you need somewhere to stay definitely keep this hotel in mind.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dominic t
Gene B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Benton Harbor, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express, Benton Harbor. It is always a pleasure to hear that our staff and accommodations exceeds our guest's expectations. We pride ourselves in our warm friendly demeanor and superb customer service and our housekeeping staff attention to detail and diligent cleaning procedures ensure that every guest walks into a beautifully cleaned and presented room. We are so happy that we were able to make your stay with us such a positive, memorable experience and we look forward to do that same in your future travels through our area. Thank you again and have a wonderful day!!

Gene Barker, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I'm a driver and I stay here about 3 times a week and its always a nice stay and the staff are great people. Rooms are great and beds a very comfortable. Always plenty of parking and always clean. Breakfast is good and always stocked.

• Stayed May 2013
Gene B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Benton Harbor, responded to this review, 16 May 2013
Dear Mr. Steiger,
I would like to personally thank you for your feed back regarding your recent stays with us at the Holiday Inn Express in Benton Harbor. With out loyal guests such as yourself we would not be able to be the hotel we are today. We value your feed back as our number one tool is rating our success in guest service and satisfaction. It is wonderful to hear you have enjoyed your stays as much as we have enjoyed having you and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Gene Barker General Manager
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 7 May 2013

My husband and I stayed 1 night at the HIE in Benton Harbor. It was nice, clean and the service was great. They offered a breakfast that looked like there were many options but I didn't have the breakfast. I wanted Starbucks so I made the 15 minute drive to a small starbucks in a grocery store:-) I booked the room through Orbitz and check-in literally took 2 minutes. The staff said good morning and evening when we walked in the door.

We stayed because my husband was graduating the next morning and even though there were tons of people there it never felt crowded. We stayed in room 210. I don't care about having a few because I don't get a hotel room to look out the window. I care about:

1.) A clean bathroom (check)
2.) A clean and well kept bed (check)
3.) Quality television choices (check)
4.) Fridge, microwave, and coffeemaker in room (check)

I had all that I needed and will definitely stay again.

Thank you all for allowing us to have a restful night during a stressful weekend.

Room Tip: I would not stay near elevator becuase the bell sounded sort of loud to me.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Gene B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Benton Harbor, responded to this review, 12 May 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your recent review of your stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Benton Harbor, MI and congratulations on the graduation, we are pleased you chose our facility to be part of your celebration. We are always very happy to hear we are able to provide and exceed the expectations of our guests both during their stay and into the future. Again thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Express to enjoy your special event and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 21 April 2013

We stayed here for a couple nights, the beds were surprisingly comfy and so were the pillows. The breakfast was great and they had a huge selection. Upon checking out and leaving the hotel the front desk had called to let us know I left my prescription in the room, that saved me a huge hassle! The room and bathroom were very clean. I would recommend this hotel to everyone needing to stay near Benton Harbor, its really a great value.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Gene B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Benton Harbor, responded to this review, 26 April 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your great review of the Holiday Inn Express in Benton Harbor MI. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to exceed your expectations with the value, service, and accommodations both during and after your stay. With out such great guests and their valuable feedback such as yours we would not have the information to provide our guests with the best stay possible at such a great value. Thank you again and we look forward to being able to exceed your expectations during future stays with us!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I stayed at the hotel for two nights 8th April and 9th April as part of company business travel and had great experience.
I travelled from Chicago airport to the hotel and arrived around late evening on day 1, and was very tired so called in the reception to order food and the lovely girl Kaly was kind enough to assist me with ordering food straight away.
I called in reception for a taxi next morning to take me to the supplier site, and requested the lady on the reception (I can't recall her name and I do apologise for not remembering) to ask if the taxi accepts credit cards, but the taxi company replied in negative so the lady pointed me in the direction of the cash machine outside the nearest petrol station. I went to withdraw cash but my bank had put restriction on cash so I couldn't. On my way back I explained my situation to the lady on the reception and she was kind enough to offer me lift to the supplier site, which was very kind of her and also said she would speak to the manager if he can allow some cash over the counter and charge me on invoice.After a while the manager arrived and I explained my situation to the manager who was also kind enough and very helpful and he spoke with the taxi company who then accepted to take credit card.
On the day when I was leaving the lady on the reception (SAM) made multiple calls to taxi company as they were late and kept me with a good company as I had to wait an hour for taxi at reception.
All four staff at the hotel were fantastic , service was excellent and very very wellcoming. Thank you Guys!
I would highly recommend this place. Coffee is served 24x7 downstairs at reception which was a blessing for a Coffee holic like me!
Just a note of caution : There is only one taxi service in Benton Harbor (Advance Cab..which is not so advance to be honest), and that taxi service has only one taxi!!! so please make sure you have a reliable transportation before you travel for Benton Harbor.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Gene B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Benton Harbor, responded to this review, 19 April 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
It is a pleasure to hear we were able to exceed your expectations with your stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Benton Harbor MI. We value every guest and aim to go above and beyond in any way we can to provide them the most accommodating stay. Our staff prides themselves in this and feedback like yours ensures that we know we are preforming to the best of our abilities to provide our guests with what they need. We look forward to exceeding your expectations with during your next stay with us and appreciate your kind words.
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The staff at the hotel were very accommodating and friendly - allowing us to check in early and making sure our rooms were correct. The rooms were clean and comfortable. While we did not need to use the service, it was nice to know that we could print documents without being charged.

Room Tip: The hotel can be a bit noisy - would recommend the back side of the hotel and maybe the third floor...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your feedback and we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We always strive to provide each and every guest with a comfortable and stress free stay, allowing them to relax and be themselves. Services such as the 24 hour business center, free wireless internet, and remote printing have been added to help our guests get their work done in a comfortable relaxing environment. We thank you again for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Benton Harbor and look forward to our next opportunity to provide you with another exceptional stay.

Whitelaw, Wisconsin
Reviewed 5 April 2013

After a hard days work, got in the car on our way to Kalamazoo. Around 11:30pm we needed to stop. The Holiday Inn was visible off the highway and easy to find. The staff were so friendly. After an exhausting day, it was so nice to be greeted by smiling, cheerful staff. The property was spotless. I don't know if it is new or was renovated. The bed, nice and firm, but not to hard. Multiple pillows to find one to your liking. We had a great nights rest. And in the morning, the cinnamon rolls, so good. I did not rate the kids activities or the room service as we did not use these services.

Room Tip: Asked for a quite room with no kids running on our heads. We were given a room on the top floor at...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Gene B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Benton Harbor, responded to this review, 6 April 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Express, Benton Harbor. I am very pleased to hear you were able to relax, be yourself, and enjoy your stay. Our staff prides themselves in their stellar customer service, friendly attitudes, and attention to detail. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and look forward to accommodating you on your next trip through our area!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benton Harbor
#4 of 11 in Benton Harbor
Days Inn & Suites Benton Harbor MI
Best Western Benton Harbor - St. Joseph
Springhill Suites Benton Harbor St. Joseph

Been to Holiday Inn Express Benton Harbor? Share your experiences!