Holiday Inn Express Benton Harbor
US$47
US$42
US$140
US$121
Comfort Suites Benton Harbor(Benton Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$88
ComfortSuites
Best Western Benton Harbor - St. Joseph(Benton Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$104
US$147
US$140
US$50
Motel 6 Benton Harbor(Benton Harbor)
US$69
US$66
Days Inn & Suites Benton Harbor MI(Benton Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$80
All reviewscinnamon rollsfront deskthe breakfast arearoom was cleana great place to staystaff was friendlythe general managercontinental breakfastthird floorwould stay here againfamily vacationupon checkeasy accessbentonvictorycharlotteinterstate
Reviewed 20 June 2013

This Holiday Inn Express was perfectly located for the business I had in the Benton Harbor, MI area. The staff was friendly and the room was clean and neat. Restaurants were nearby and easy to get to.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Joyce S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Benton Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I am pleased to see that the staff at Holiday Inn Express in Benton Harbor, MI were friendly and helpful to you during your stay. Our goal is to make you as comfortable as possible while away from home.
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to place a comment on Tripadvisor. We value all comments made to ensure you get the best service during your stay.

Thank you from all of the staff at Holiday Inn Express in Benton Harbor, Michigan.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

On our cross country drive, we have only stayed at hie's. This one was disappointing in comparison to the others. Not very welcoming. As a PC member, you are usually offered water, snacks, etc... upon arrival and reminded of breakfast and any amenities. Bathtub had hair still. I have received a gov. Discount as well at all hie's except this one. People pay full price to stay here? Wow. Maybe all the others ruined my experience here or maybe, some person at the front desk needs an attitude adjustment.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Elle_H80
abenameur, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Benton Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Dear Lori,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express in Benton Harbor.
First let me apologize for not meeting your expectations during your stay with us. I believe that I had a chance to meet with you and your lovely family during breakfast and you shared with me your disappointment regarding the government rate not being honored and I do recall I apologized to you and I adjusted the rate off then brought you the folio to your table. I also recall asking you if there anything else I can do to improve your experience with us, you mentioned that you were satisfied with the adjustment and that you like staying at the Holiday Inn Express hotels. As for not getting the gift bag upon checking in, I do understand your disappointment and I can't have an explanation as why the front desk clerk failed to provide you with; I did talk to the associate that checked you in and I made sure that she will be following the proper procedures to ensure providing a great experience to our guests.

I hope you'll be enjoying your trip to Sicily, I also hope to get a chance to exceed your expectations during a future stay with us. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to further improve you experience with us.

Warm Regards,

Andy Benameur

Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

We did not stay, because when we arrived they did not give us the room that was promised. We were two adult Sisters and an Adult Brother.
When I booked it over the phone we were promised a suite type room, which was two double beds and a pull out sofa in another area.
Upon arrival we were told that room was not available. I said one KING with a pull out was ok too. Nope....
I ended up going across the street to a Comfort Inn. Night and day difference !!!!! Lobby was much more attractive.
She gave us a great room. It was huge, had a fridge and microwave.
I would give this Holiday Inn no stars if possible .
PS. The staff never apologized. It was like they did not care if they lost my business ....
A more professional hotel would have done whatever it took to have stay there.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank hoosierdeb21
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Benton Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2013

Dear hoosierdeb21,

I would like to thank you for your review and apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations. I would greatly appreciate further information regarding your stay in order that I can investigate further.

We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Regards,

Brenda J.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 20 May 2013

Spent three nights here and never heard neighbors or people passing in the hall, even though they seemed to be fairly full. The rooms were nicely cleaned each day, and breakfast was great. Hotel location is very close to restaurants and virtually all major retailers.

Room Tip: My room was on the opposite side from the highway. I can't say how the noise level may have been on the highway side.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Timothy O
Gene B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Benton Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for the review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express, Benton Harbor. We are please to hear you enjoyed your stay as well as our full hot breakfast that was included each day with your room. We are fortunate to have such courteous travelers stay with us that it makes our job much easier in making sure each guest enjoys their stay with us to the fullest. I will personally pass on your kind words in regards to the housekeeping service of your room to our cleaning staff as I know their day is brightened hearing that their hard work is noticed and appreciated by both staff and guest. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again on your next trip through our great area and thank you again for your stay!!

Reviewed 20 May 2013

My friend and I had a reservation for Saturday (18. May) night and then spur of the moment on Friday night decided to take off at 1am and chance it. We arrived about 4am and the lady working the reception- I want to say her name was like, Marcy?- was the greatest!! Helped us get a room and gave me a great price. Was incredibly apologetic when there was a mix up with the room she assigned us, but she had the most wonderful sense of humor and fixed the problem instantly. The rooms are pretty huge and the black out curtains did a fairly decent job- a must for terrible insomniacs like me. I have started bringing my own box fan since the wonderfully quiet wall units are a downfall for people like me who need the white noise- ha!
We didn't get to take advantage of the pool or breakfast, but the next time we definitely will.
This is a wonderful option if you don't want to shell out the comparatively big bucks for the same places in St. Joesph's. Benton Harbor is sort of a pit to drive through, but 5 minutes down the road and you're there.

Room Tip: Our room faced south (I believe) towards a quarry looking place. Wonderfully quiet and pretty view (compared to the highway). Our room was right across from the elevator, which wasn't the greatest with the bing! and people talking, but it wasn't unbearable.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Gene B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Benton Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for the kind words in regards to your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Benton Harbor. It is always delightful to here a guest enjoyed there time with us as much as we enjoyed having them stay with us. With out our valuable guest feed back such as your review we would not have the tools to best serve our guest's and properly train our employee's to provide such stellar service. I look forward to passing on your praises of our night audit staff and I know she will be thrill and I thank you on her behalf in advance. We look forward to seeing you again and given you a chance to enjoy some of our wonderful amenities you did not have time to experience on this stay. Thank you again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express, Benton Harbor and have a wonderful day!!

Warm Regards,