“Holiday Inn Excellence”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Benton Harbor
Kentfield, California
“Holiday Inn Excellence”
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

The rooms are what you would expect from this chain, which is clean, comfortable and very nice. The housekeeping staff is very helpful with getting you what you need and the hotel is close to restaurants and attractions. I would get a room on the back half of the hotel if you are one who needs silence when you sleep for the freeway is close to the front half and the car noise might keep you up.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Peter B
Rick Z, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Benton Harbor, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you for your recent review. We take pride in our staff and the hard work they do to keep the Hotel clean. We are always happy to accomadate "light" sleepers with thier room choice and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My husband and I were super tired from a very long road trip from Toronto, Canada on our way home to Minneapolis and wanted to just sleep. When we got to the hotel, it was very clean no doubt, minus a used toothpick on the floor. Whatever. When we tried to sleep, apparently the ceilings were pretty thin, and we could hear people walking and running from the room above ours on the 3rd floor. Very annoying. On top of that, there was no thermostat to control the frigid room.. we barely slept all night and woke up with a headache from the cold. Free wifi, parking and breakfast maybe made up for these things, but at the end of the day, we wanted to sleep and couldn't at this Holiday Inn. Not happy with our very tiring drive home.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you want to control the temperature in the room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SammyQS
abenameur, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Benton Harbor, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience with us at the Holiday Inn Express in Benton Harbor/St Joseph, MI.
I sincerely apologize if my team and I failed to meet your expectations during your stay and I wish I have a good answer to your concern in regards to not being able to control the room temperature; I know that each of our rooms have an HVAC unit that you can control by adjusting the thermostat on the unit itself. I hope you can contact me at 269-927-4599 to discuss this issue so we can prevent this inconvenience for other guests in the future.

Thanks again for your feedback,

Pentwater, Michigan
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Excellent stay! Employee speedy! Clean! Superb bed! Nice layout!
Negative.. mapquest has it on wrong side of expressway! If going west off expressway turn left! NOT right like map quest shows!
Only hotel that had trucker parking in parking lot, major bonus must!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your thoughtfulness in sharing your feedback and thank you for bringing the Mapquest direction issue to our attention.

We look forward to welcoming you back and hope to hear from you soon.

Jaguariuna, SP
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Back in Sept/Oct 2013 I spent quite some time in this hotel. It's not the most beautiful place/neighborhood to stay but it's location helps you to easily get to other places in the surroundings. The hotel staff is very nice.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Benton Harbor, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear Marcelo L,

Thank you for your candid feedback. It is unfortunate you were not fully satisfied with the accommodations, but we are pleased to note that you appreciated the location of our hotel, an aspect that is preferred by many of our guests. We appreciate the feedback that we receive as this is crucial for us to improve the products & services that we offer.

Regards,

Brenda J.
Case Manager
IHGCare
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I visited Michigan in Jan for a wedding and staying at this Holiday Inn after the wedding. I had called previously about a late check-in. When I called the woman I spoke to was professional and polite and noted in my file that I would be late. When I checked in the front desk knew who I was and let me know I was her last check in for the evening. The room was clean and very nice. I only stayed for a limited amount of time but I was very pleased. I am a 22-year Air Force veteran (just retired in 2013) so I've traveled quite a bit. The location of this hotel is right off the highway and nexgt to a Bob Evans (great breakfast).

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank abzurk
abenameur, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Benton Harbor, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review about your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express in Benton Harbor/Saint Joseph. We're glad that you enjoyed your brief stay with us and we hope to see you soon.

Thank you for your service and for staying with us.

Ohio
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We live about 5 hours away and visit the Lake Michigan shore about once a year. The hotel was a very nice place to stay when we visited for my birthday last June. The staff were all friendly. I called to check about our room before arriving and the front desk people were especially nice upon arrival. The continental breakfast was very good. We would definitely stay at this location again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
abenameur, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Benton Harbor, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Holiday Inn Express in Benton Harbor/Saint Joseph. We appreciate your feedback and we will be sharing it with our team.

We hope we will get to see you again on your next Birthday if not sooner.

Feel free to contact me directly to assist you with your future reservation and to make sure that we will always exceed your expectations.

269-927-4599
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I liked everything about this hotel. The room was clean and quiet, much better quality than the low price I paid. The evening desk clerk baked chocolate chip cookies and set them out for the guests. Best of all, the manager herself chauffeured me to the car rental, saving me the taxi fare. I had broken down on the highway and had no way to continue my trip. This hotel made the trip more pleasant.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for choosing the Holiday Inn Express in Benton Harbor/ Saint Joseph.

As you and other guests discovered, we are fortunate to have a wonderful staff that will do whatever it takes to provide our guests with memorable experiences and turn a bad day into a great one.

I hope you'll visit us in better circumstances and enjoy what the area has to offer.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Benton Harbor
Best Western Benton Harbor - St. Joseph
The Inn at Harbor Shores
The Inn at Harbor Shores
#2 of 6 in Saint Joseph

Been to Holiday Inn Express Benton Harbor? Share your experiences!