“True Hospitality!”

Holiday Inn Express Benton Harbor
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Benton Harbor
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My family stayed here for three nights. This is our second stay at this Holiday Inn and we have had two wonderful experiences. Last year we also stayed at the Holiday Inn in Holland, MI and I have to say, that Holiday Inn was newer and more updated, but we decided that we would never go back there due to terrible service.

Both times the minute we walked in to HIE Benton Harbor, we were greeted and checked in with no complications. (My brother in law is a hard working government employee and gets a discount and we have had problems with that at other locations.) The young lady at the front desk offered to bake cookies fresh for us, told us the times for breakfast, and told us about free dinner being served Monday and Tuesday.

The breakfast was great every morning and included options of oatmeal, mini pancakes, cold cereal, boiled eggs, yogurt, Greek yogurt, milk (skim and chocolate as well as 2%), cinnamon rolls (YUMMY), scrambled eggs with cheese and scallions, bagels, toast and muffins. Also offered on alternating days: sausage, turkey sausage, or bacon, biscuits and gravy, home fries, French toast sticks.

Monday evening the hotel offered a dinner of Mediterranean items which was wonderful. It was from La Pita, I believe, and included: hummus and pita bread, marinated chicken breast, rice, a dish with chicken with onions and peppers, steak (also could have been lamb), and two different sauces. There were also drinks available. Tuesday evening was Chinese food from Super Buffet and included: crab Rangoon, chicken on a stick, chicken wings, fried rice, lo mein noodles, chicken with broccoli, orange chicken, seafood with broccoli, steak stir-fry, and sugar donuts. I have to say this was something really great for this hotel and we really enjoyed the food. Not only was it free, it was delicious.

The only thing that held us back from giving this 5 stars was the noise from the floor above us. It sounded like people were running constantly!

The staff here truly understands the value of hospitality from the front desk staff, maintenance staff, housekeeping, and management. Every staff member was quick to say hello and ask how our day was!

Thank you Holiday Inn Express Benton Harbor, MI

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Rick Z, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Benton Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you for the time to write your review, I am so pleased to hear that the staff has exceeded your expectations in everyway. We love to make all our guests feel special. I agree the food is a wonderful addition and we will look forward to seeing you again soon.
RZichterman,General Manager

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I was very happy we stayed in this hotel! We stayed two nights while visiting the Silver Beach area for a family vacation. The hotel is a convenient drive to Lake Michigan. We arrived to Michigan a little earlier than I expected, and I was very happy when I called for early check-in and our room was ready. The front desk clerk even remembered who I was. The room was very clean, and the bed and pillows were great!! The pool and hot tub are also nice. Breakfast each morning was very good as well. The kids loved the mini-pancakes, and there is a good variety of options, including healthy options. I was very impressed with the staff at this hotel. They were very friendly and always said hello as you went by. They were never too busy to look up at you to see if they could help. We would stay here again!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Rick Z, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Benton Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear RfromIN,
Happy to hear the stay was enjoyable, our staff tries to make every guest feel special. I remember a conversation with you about your home in Indiana. I hope we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Spent several days here while my daughter attended a nearby soccer camp. Upon arrival, we found out the manager was hosting a reception. Expecting just a few appetizers, we were delighted to find a Mexican buffet. My 6 year was thrilled we didn't have to spend time in a restaurant! The staff was very helpful, and the facility was VERY clean. Location is not quaint, but it is a short drive to St. Joseph. We were impressed as we do not usually choose this chain. I would definitely stay at this property again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Rick Z, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Benton Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Imimarusic,
Thank you so much for the kind review, so glad we exceeded your expectations and that your 6 year old had a good time. I am sure you will continue to stay at Holiday Inn Express now when you travel. See you soon.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

The room that we had booked was a King bed and sleeper sofa with kitchenette. The room was very spacious and clean. Our stay was two nights long and in those two nights there was not a single thing that made our trip uncomfortable or unpleasant. The hotel is located right down the street from a walmart and meijer, making it easy to go on a run for the essentials that may have been forgotten. The staff is very kind and helpful when you may have any questions or requests. The beds are comfortable (like really comfortable) and clean, so if rest is what you're after you can get it here no problem. The complimentary breakfast has a good selection and has something for everyone, even the kids. Be sure to check out the pancake printer for the little ones. I would stay here again and recommend this Holiday Inn for a weekend trip to any of my friends or family. All in all the Holiday Inn Express in Benton Harbor is a very adequate facility, and has all the things needed to make your stay comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Rick Z, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Benton Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear Mitchie_D,
It is nice to hear that the new mattresses are a hit, most guests comment on the pillows, glad you enjoyed the mini-pancakes too!
Hope to see you soon,
RZichterman,General Manager

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We have stayed at Holiday Inn Express hotels before so I have some idea of what to expect. This one is average: the rooms are very standard and predictable. There is a coffeemaker and coffee, also an empty refrigerator. The bathroom seemed cramped but the toiletry provision was adequate. When we awoke after our first (and only) night there, the one elevator was broken so everyone had to take the stairs. We are fine with that but I thought it would have been an issue for those less able-bodied. The breakfast buffet was very nice: they have everything from basic cereal, to make it yourself pancakes, to juices and cinnamon buns. The front desk personnel were nice and the room was clean. It's fine for a quick trip but I would hesitate to recommend for a longer stay.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms by the elevator.
1  Thank KatienBill

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay, yes the elevator did have an issue that weekend, which is why we called the service company that night prior to have it fixed. Holiday weekends can be an issue but the elevator was fixed soon after you departed, approx 10a

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We tend to stay at Holiday Inn Express Hotels when we travel, because we have always had good experiences there. This hotel was no exception. The staff was friendly, and the rooms were clean and large. A little side note - Our young granddaughter LOVED the mini-pancakes available at breakfast each morning.

1  Thank frenchlouie
Rick Z, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Benton Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. Yes the children and adults love the bite size pancakes. We will look forward to seeing you again soon when you are in the area.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Outstanding customer service. We were traveling with my in laws and I had called the hotel a few days before had to request that we were put on different floors. And when we checked in the girls did as I requested nothing was said it was just done. The room was very clean and inviting. The pool was very refreshing and we had it all to ourselves. It was nice to just relax. The breakfast was very good. It was very fresh and very hot. I would definitely recommend this to my family and friends. We will definitely be coming back to visit.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Jessica B
Rick Z, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Benton Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you Jessica, I am very proud of the Staff and I will be sure to share this with everyone. So happy that you enjoyed all of the amenities of the Hotel, from the pool to the Breakfast. I will look forward to seeing you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Benton Harbor
#2 of 6 in Saint Joseph
Comfort Suites Benton Harbor
Comfort Suites Benton Harbor
#6 of 11 in Benton Harbor

Been to Holiday Inn Express Benton Harbor? Share your experiences!