“Depressing” 1 of 5 bubbles

Wilderness Trails Zoo
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Depressing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Incredibly sad. Many of the poor animals , especially the bears, are kept in such horrible conditions. Tiny concrete cages covered on their own feces. I wish there was something I can do for them. Do not support the cruelty.

Visited September 2013
21 Thank Podrouzkova

Michigan
98 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Nice little zoo in the country”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Went here last week with my 3 daughters and 3 grandsons. Went late in the day (about 5pm) so we almost had the place to ourselves. Its a great little zoo in the country & well worth a stop if you're visiting Frankenmuth or Birch Run. They have monkeys, lions, bears, tigers, a large reptile area and lots of other animals from all over the world. The grandsons (ages 8, 5 and almost 3) loved it too. Great fun at an affordable price.

2 Thank dranke
Montrose
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Nice selection of animals”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I took my grandchildren to this zoo they had a great time. It's a good zoo for children they can pet animals in the petting Zoo and also feed goats, deer, and fish. They also have alligators and a crocodile.

4 Thank Captainsock
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Waste of time and money.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

I would never go back here! We were told it would take about an hour to go through the park. When told that the latest they accept admission was 6:30pm, we did not realize you still have to leave the park by 7pm. We were kicked out at 7:20pm even though we had not finished going through. As we left we spoke to the lady at the front and told her we were unhappy and she tried giving us gift certificates, but I will never take my family back there! The butterfly sanctuary was closed and there was no reptile area, unless what they consider the reptile area was in the admission office. Most of the animals were laying down or in areas we couldn't see them. The Siberian Brown bear was very sad and in such a small cage. Unfortunately we didn't even get to see all the animals and what we did see, was not very clean and most animals didn't look like they had any food/feeding areas.

11 Thank FireMarshallClint
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Wonderful and unique!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

This is a gem of mid-michigan! The variety of animals is astounding, and we were very impressed with the large enclosures and open spaces for the animals to roam. There is an awesome reptile area with a large number of unique and interesting animals which are ALL rescues. The property is well maintained, and there were several employees and keepers around, working on enclosures and assisting guests. I was sad to read some of the other reviews that are focusing on elements beyond the zoo's control, or made in the best interest of the animals (I.e. areas closed due to weather not suitable for the given species, etc.) We had a wonderful time and will definitely go again!

6 Thank simmy4cats