“Great location for Outlet Shoppers!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Birch Run
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Birch Run
Sarnia, Canada
“Great location for Outlet Shoppers!”
Reviewed 30 August 2012

This hotel is right in the parking lot of the outlet mall, which was so convenient for shopping! We were able to walk back and forth and leave the car parked.
Our room was nice - # 203. It was clean, and the beds were comfortable. One complaint - the drapes do not close and there was a very bright street light outside our window so it was daylight all night in our room, which made for a long sleepless night...
We had very little contact with staff, but the one we did talk to upon arrival was very nice. The complimentary coffee was fresh and hot, and our daughter liked the cookies at the front desk.
We used the pool - it was fine. Nothing special but fine.
Breakfast was OK; the room is small so it was crowded. They kept running out of eggs, bacon, etc. There was fruit, but only apples and bananas. The yogurt was in a big bowl, so who knows what kind it was...
I would stay here again just based on the price and the location.

1 Thank Holly M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Nappanee, Indiana
Reviewed 30 August 2012

My wife and I went for a weekend getaway. Very nice place to stay. People at the front desk were very helpful with recommendations for dinner and directions to places of interest. The room was spacious and clean. We will stay there the next time we go to that area.

Room Tip: Make reservations early.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 2kmiller2
London, Canada
Reviewed 28 August 2012

I stayed for two nights at the Country Inn and Suites in Birch Run with my husband, son (15), our two friends and their two children (16 & 17). The hotel was an excellent rate, and our rooms were clean and comfortable with good beds and nice bedding. The rooms were even spacious enough for all of us to watch a movie one evening in one room. The rate included breakfast, which was quite good with fresh hot coffee. The service was excellent -- upon arrival we were greeted in a friendly manner, and given two rooms together. When we needed something, such as towels for the pool or extra pillows, the staff were quick to respond. The location is excellent for shopping at Birch Run, and close enough to Frankenmuth to head in for a visit there. There is complimentary hot tea and coffee available in the lobby all the time, as well as cookies. We used the pool and hot tub as well, which were clean. I would recommend this hotel if you are heading to this area.

1 Thank penrose176
Jamestown, NY
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I stayed here to building up my Carlson points and because the Country Inn & Suites that we always stay at in Big Rapids, Michigan is so lovely. Well we were sorely disappointed. There were no single rooms left, so we got a suite... apparently the last room available because when we went to the room and it reeked of smoke and general stink, we were told there were no others available. The room was dirty and the a/c was noisy. Totally disappointed. The only redeeming features were it's proximity to the outlet mall and the good breakfast that I've come to find at Country Inn & Suites. Other than that, it was pretty nasty. It was a one time trip and we probably won't ever go back to Frankenmuth, but if we do, I won't stay here.

Room Tip: Choose one in another motel.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Katherine H
Carlson Hotels C, Online Support Specialist at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Birch Run, responded to this review, 22 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We apologize you did not enjoy your stay at this location and understand the frustrations. We would like to talk with you further. Please feel free to contact us at Customer Care.
Paris, France
Reviewed 7 August 2012

This was our first stay at a Country Inn and we were very pleased with the friendly , helpful service. Excellent and easy to get to location.
The room, bathroom and linen were clean and we slept well. Only remark about the room -- the air conditioning could be replaced with a more compact and quieter model. Breakfast was good with fresh products and enough choice for the whole family. A Big hands up for the staff that continually refreshed the buffet selection even at 9:27 (3 minutes before the end).
Pool - didn't go in it because lack of time (too much shopping!) but the opening hours are convenient and it was clean with towels available for the swimmers. No need to bring your own as in most hotels.
All the other conveniences, internet, iron, vending machine, ice etc.. were excellent.

Room Tip: the elevator is quiet so even the rooms near to elevator still seem quiet for a good nights sleep.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank DLQ75
Birch Run, Michigan
Reviewed 7 August 2012

My stay with Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Birch Run MI 48415 was an excellent stay. The hotel is clean and that is something I look for outside of my home. I had a suite with a King side bed and it was perfect for what I needed it for. The staff is courteous and the service is excellent. I've visited a number of high end hotels and I will revisted this hotel again in my travel. Thank you Country Inn & Suites for making stay enjoyable.

Carolyn Landry

Room Tip: Everything was perfect for me.
3 Thank Carolyn L
Jajckson, Michigan USA
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I've been staying here for quite a few years, any time I get near the Flint/Saginaw/Bay area, I try to stay here, great hotel, clean, people are curious at all times, Manager/Owner Andy very pleasant, very accommodating, clean rooms,great breakfast ( which they have greatly improved over the years). Location great for business even thought you might be a few miles North of Flint and a few miles South of the Saginaw/Bay area, or even through in Midland. This locations has all the shopping that anyone would want to do. Applebees, Chicago Uno, A&W,,Windys, Culvers,Sonic and of course Tony's across the street with the 1lb of bacon with breakfast. Over all, I thing you would like this Country Inn, as it is very clean very accomodating, close to everything, Frankenmuth (Bonners Christmas) also just down the road,and really what more could you ask for. Have a great stay

Room Tip: Make reservation as soon as possible, as with the Out let mall being right their, Friday, and the we...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
#4 of 7 in Birch Run
Baymont Inn & Suites Bridgeport/Frankenmuth
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frankenmuth
Fairfield Inn & Suites Frankenmuth

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Birch Run? Share your experiences!