“Wonderful stay”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Birch Run
Jarvis, Canada
“Wonderful stay”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

My wife has stayed here before but this was my first time. I have stayed in many different hotels over the years at varying prices. This was probably the best one. It certainly is the cleanest and best maintained hotel I have ever stayed in. Kudos to the cleaning and maintenance staff, they obviously care about their work. The gentleman on the desk during the day for both the 18 & 19 April 2014 was very polite and friendly to deal with. I'm sorry I forgot to get his name but it was obvious he enjoyed his work as well and only added to the enjoyment of our time. Will definitely be staying there if my travels take me to Birch Run again!

Room Tip: No fitness center, but the pool/hot tub area were well kept and clean. Also no restaurant, but there...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Stayed here with my 3 daughter for 1 night. We were welcomed in a very friendly manner. Our room was clean, beds were super comfy. The cleaning staff were more than happy to accommodate our need for 3 extra shampoo and conditioners as well as plastic bags for our wet swim suits. The free breakfast was great and the staff kept the food coming so there was always enough.

Room Tip: did not have fitness room that I saw
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Michigan
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We stay at the Country Inn every time we go to Birch Run or Frankenmuth which is often because I like the chicken at Frankenmuth and my wife loves to shop at the outlet stores in Birch Run. This motel is located perfectly right at the beginning of the outlets. The hotel is always clean and it is always being updated when possible and where needed. The manager Andy is very personable and easy to talk to and his staff is the same. The breakfast is excellent and free, you can't beat that. Our rooms have always been clean and comfortable and sometimes if you ask you get that upgrade to a Sweet Suite for free...PS gotta love those free cookies too

Room Tip: Try a whirlpool suite, its very relaxing
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, Michigan
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

I really like this hotel. Inviting lobby, great customer service,great free breakfast. Room was very nice,well appointed,with a very comfortable bed, flat screen TV with great channel's selection. Room was clean overall. But they need to pay attention to the details when cleaning rooms. Dead flies inside the light fixtures really made our stay unpleasant. Carpet could use some vacuuming in the corners. Hotel has a pool and a hot tub. Hot tub was cold. I was talking to other people,who said to me that every time they stayed there, hot tub has been always cold. Turning up the temperature in a hot tub and cleaning rooms throughly will really make a huge difference.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ella8910
9896248000, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Birch Run, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed your comments about the light fixture debris and thorough vacuuming with our housekeeping team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. As for the issue with the hot tub temperature we are as well addressing that issue. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.
Sault ste. Marie, ON
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My mother and I came here to shop at the Birch Run outlets just before black Friday. It was a nice stay. our room had two queen size beds that were very comfortable. the rate was very reasonable and we even enjoyed the hot tub for the night. the breakfast was adequate and we were happy when we left. check out was easy and fast. would definitely recommend.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Aurora, Canada
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel defines "bang for the buck." The location was great (across from an outlet mall), the room is a little small but it was clean and the employees were helpful and friendly. The breakfast was a little "generic" but what do you expect from a room that costed ~$140 USD for two nights. I also loved the free wifi;while I wasn't out, I could stay connected to my friends and family in other countries. Thank you for the great room and great experience.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
London, Canada
Reviewed 15 March 2014

March 2014 This was our 6th time for staying at the country inn.We keep going back.
Andy and staff great
rooms and bathroom clean
breakfast very good
location excellent
lobby appearance very pleasing with coffee, internet,fruit and paper.

Room Tip: we have stayed on different floors no problem
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frankenmuth
The Marv Herzog Hotel
The Marv Herzog Hotel
#4 of 8 in Frankenmuth

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Birch Run? Share your experiences!