“very nice hotel”

Best Western of Birch Run/Frankenmuth
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Birch Run
Reviewed 28 April 2014

we stayed for 2 nights at this hotel. Love this place & we always look forward to happy hour. Wasn't as good as last time because they didn't include all drinks only beer & wine.. but our waiter Rick was a very good bartender. He was always there with the drinks before we were even finished our drinks. Food was very good too. Beds were just ok .. pool was nice & warm & the gym equip was good.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWBRFrontDesk, Front Office Manager at Best Western of Birch Run/Frankenmuth, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write a complimentary review of our hotel. I will be passing along your comments, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff, to continue thier efforts in superior customer care. We appreciate your patronage, and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western of Birch Run/Frankenmuth the next time you are in town.

We look forward to seeing you during the next dog show!

There are newer reviews for Best Western of Birch Run/Frankenmuth

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Pulled over on our road trip and found this little gem. It was the least expensive hotel on our trip, and it turned out to be our favorite.
Such a cute hotel inside and out. It was clean and nicely rennovated. The breakfast was good and staff was friendly.
Awesome hotel for the price! ($63 for two beds)
We didn't get to explore much but if you just need a place to sleep we loved it.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write such a complimentary review of our hotel. I am passing on the comments, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff, to continue thier efforts in superior customer care. We appreciate your patronage, and hope you will stay with us at the BestWestern of BirchRun/Frankenmuth the next time you are in town.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to serving your lodging needs again in the future.

Best Western Birch Run

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Check in was a breeze, but we had a 2nd floor room and no way to get their except to climb stairs. Hubby has two artificial knees and back issues and his knees still give him problems. I wished I'd have asked for a first floor room but just assumed it would be a first floor room. We had a king size bed and fridge (no microwave). Fridge was not working but within 30 minutes maintenance brought us one that did work and removed the other one. Room was clean and spacious and actually had a nice office type chair for the computer desk. We were given two free drink coupons when we checked in but did not use them. Bar looks very nice. We did not check out the restaurant. Everything seemed well maintained and clean and a BIG plus was the new, VERY QUIET a/c and heater!

Room Tip: If you are disabled, remember to ask for a first floor room. We didn't need handicap but could...

Dear Guest,

to receive your kind words of praise for our property.

Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding.
Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very
best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our
staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review of our Hotel. We hope that we will see you again in the future and that you would be able to utilize the Fireside Lounge on your next stay.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

The hotel was in a good location and very clean. The Bar and dining area was great. The only thing that could have been improved on was the included breakfast. The muffins were cold out of a fridge and on the stale side. And it would have been nice to have had perhaps hard boiled eggs or waffles. The Egg type McMuffin was cold and did not taste very good. Over all, they could change a few thing there and make it better.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWBRFrontDesk, Front Office Manager at Best Western of Birch Run/Frankenmuth, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Guest,

I have passed along your suggestions for the breakfast to the proper department. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to seeing you agian in the future.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Don't believe the website photos. We rented what I thought would be a lovely suite for a good price. Nothing like advertised. Heating didn't work, "fireplace" rattled/wheezed like Model T, bathroom teeny with toilet that didn't work properly and door that stuck. Old worn carpet, noisy inside & out. Dark, depressing decor. "Free" breakfast was measly, insufficient quantity for the long line-up of hungry families. Changed hotels after 1 night. Couldn't wait to get out of there.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barb C

Dear Guest:

I'm concerned about the problems with the room that you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and the principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to each at a reasonable price. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy. Please accept my sincere apology.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Please be assured that the issues you have raised have been addressed, and that appropriate action has been taken. We take pride in our hotel, and do our best to prevent problems from recurring. Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. There's no excuse for anything less than complete guest satisfaction.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I have stayed in this hotel before and remember it being nicer than what it is now. The staff was friendly and the rooms were clean. The location is excellent. (Right across from the outlet mall and a Meijer next door in case you forgot something) But the beds were not comfortable, you could feel the rubber waterproof mattress through the sheets. The pool area was very dark and hot and they are very skimpy with their towels. I had to ask the front desk for them and a lady brought them down to me later, but told me I was only allowed three even though there were four people in our party. The breakfast needs improvement. They do have a pancake maker, a couple of dry cereals, breakfast sandwiches (that were not edible in my opinion) and mini muffins. I opted for a banana and granola bar that I had brought with me. The price is right and it is clean - which is really all that matters, but I don't think I would recommend this hotel. Next time I will check out one of the others in town.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at our Hotel. We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.

Please be assured that the issues you have raised have been forwarded to the proper departments and are being looked into. We take pride in our hotel, and do our best to prevent problems from recurring. Again, we want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. There's no excuse for anything less than complete guest satisfaction.

Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I chose this hotel for my holiday weekend for several reasons. The price was great for what they offered. The location was right off the freeway, close to Birch Run and a short drive to Frankenmuth. The free breakfast was good. I had sausage biscuit both mornings, but most people seemed to be enjoying pancakes. Coffee, tea and juice was ALWAYS available. While I never had the chance to enjoy the bar/restaurant/lounge, it was busy with diners on Friday night. The staff was always nice. I would stay here again.
I have only a couple issues. They could do a better job with their "gift shop". Really nothing more than a walk-in vending machine. Also, they could us a few more outlets in the rooms. We had laptops and cellphones and it was necessary to juggle. We ordered a microwave for our room, and even the hotel had a problem finding an accessible outlet. And NO ELEVATOR. Only two floors, but be forewarned.
This hotel is a GREAT place for families. The price, the pool, and the free breakfast make it a homerun.

Room Tip: Ask for the main floor if you have trouble with stairs. But lots of kids running in and out of pool...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
BWBRFrontDesk, Front Office Manager at Best Western of Birch Run/Frankenmuth, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Guest,

I have passed along your suggestions for gift shop and the possibility of additional outlets in the guest rooms.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, Thank you once again for your wonderful comments, and kind words regarding our staff and your stay.

Best Western

#4 of 7 in Birch Run
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frankenmuth
Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
Baymont Inn & Suites Bridgeport/Frankenmuth

Been to Best Western of Birch Run/Frankenmuth? Share your experiences!