“Always Great”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Birch Run
Birch Run, United States
“Always Great”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We love your Hotel. We stay here everytime we get a chance to have a "staycation". The breakfast is awesome, the biscuits and gravy are my husbands favorite, while I truly enjoyed the omelet. Your staff is always a joy to talk to. Thank you for making us feel at home time and time again. See you again real soon we hope. :)

Room Tip: "Courtyard" rooms inside to hotel are def worth the extra fee. We love to sit outside on o...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
BWBRFrontDesk, Front Office Manager at Best Western of Birch Run/Frankenmuth, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Let me be the first one to tell you thanks for your return visits! We are pleased to hear that your husband enjoyed the biscuits and gravy. We are truly looking forward to your next "staycation" visit to your home away from home.

Thank you again for your wonderful comments regarding your stay.

Best Western Birch Run

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
London, Canada
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Nice hotel close to the outlets. Clean room - Good free breakfast ~ two Free "grown up" beverages per room if you are a Best western Rewards member Good value would stay there again! The pool is smallish but adequate

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWBRFrontDesk, Front Office Manager at Best Western of Birch Run/Frankenmuth, responded to this review, 1 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review of our Hotel. We are delighted that you chose us for your lodging needs during your trip to the area. We look forward to serving your needs each and every time you stay in the Birch Run area.

Best Western of Birch Run
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I know this long, but please read!! We stayed at this BW for a sports tournament. When we initially opened the door, we were hit with this awful musty/smoky smell. The rooms are tiny as well for a lot of money. After a long day of games, and after my daughter was asleep, I headed to bed. Upon pulling back the covers of my bed, I noticed LOTS of small, dark, curly hairs in the sheets, along with just general particles of stuff (skin perhaps?). The bed had obviously NOT BEEN CHANGED! I have pictures, but didn't attach because they are gross. I was completely disgusted with this, so just pulled the covers back on the bed and tried to sleep on top with a blanket I found in a bag in a drawer. I didn't want to wake my daughter at 11:45 at night. I really didn't sleep though, thinking about how what else was nasty dirty in this room. The next morning, I told the lady at the desk, & said I didn't want to pay for that night. She told me I would need to talk to the manager, Jessica, who was at a wedding, but she would let her know. I asked for all linens in the room to be changed. The housekeeper proceeded to change my bed but not the other. I had to ask again for it to be changed. The breakfast was awful as well. They didn't replenish most of what was out. I saw 3 empty plates-platters. I have no idea what has been on them. Breakfast didn't end for another hour. I was given excuse after excuse all weekend about being reimbursed for that night. Finally, I was given $44 dollars back (not even 1/2 price for that night). I was told that the manager could only give that much, but to call her Monday. I did, she said she would talk to the regional manager and promised to call me back on Wed evening or by Thurs afternoon at the latest. Of course, no call. Fri afternoon I called again, she said she was in a meeting with the regional manager & would call in 15 min. Two hours later, no return call. I then called BW corporate, at which point Jessica called me back to say that the regional manager refused to refund any more money to me, saying that they normally would only give 10% back, and I got almost 1/2 so I should be happy with that. So they sell you a small, stinky room for $90 + tax and will give you $9 if the housekeeping staff gives you a dirty bed? The room was even more expensive on Saturday. Unconscionable!! I should not have to pay for that first night! I am now working with a mediator at the corporate office, but they have my money and I will not likely get it back. Unreal! This is poor customer service - there are many more hotels in the area; I will make sure none of my friends/family ever stay at this property again. This regional manager should be ashamed of herself!!!!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank S H
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We value all of our guest’s comments, positive or negative, so that we can continue to make improvements to our hotel. I completely understand your frustrations and hope to address a couple of the issues at hand. The staff will be made aware of the shortcomings you mentioned above. We hold all of our employees to a high standard, and anything less than that high standard is not acceptable. Also, front desk staff has been informed of how to properly respond and resolve any issues on hand. We continue to make improvements to our breakfast program and, if given the chance, hope to provide a hassle free and delicious meal. Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to serving you again. Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay. We sincerely apologize that your experience was not satisfying and did not live up to your expectations. We are taking a look at all of the items you mentioned into consideration and are working on a plan to improve our hotel. Please be assured that your first nights stay was refunded in full, as a check was mailed directly to your home. Again, I apologize about the inconvenience and hope to provide a better experience in the future.

Detroit
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This hotel was horrible!!! It was
really dirty and smelled like smoke and very musty. The smell hit you when you opened the door .We were sitting outside watching the housekeeping person clean our room and she didn't even spend 5 min. in it!!! It was utterly disgusting! The breakfast was awful too, they barely had anything but cereal and waffles that did not taste right...they didn't even have bread. They did not refill things like apples after it ran out. If you slept in past 7:30, very little food was left. The pool filter was overwhelmingly loud, and
sounded like there was
something wrong with it. There are many nice hotels in Birch Run/Frankenmuth. This is not one of them.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Lillians2000
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am sad to learn that your stay was not enjoyable. Your comments on our housekeeping are duly noted and have already been passed to our housekeeping manager to make sure these issues are properly addressed to not happen again. We hope that we will have the opprotunity to WOW you the next time you are in our area.

Brantford On. Canada
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The hotel is in a great location in Birch Run as right next to prime outlets, and about 10 restaurants, plus. 13 Miles from the beautiful town of Frankenmuth which is a must see as the streets are lined with flowers and beautiful German style buildings. You can up-scale shop if you wish in really cool shops. A boat trip is also available on the river running through the town.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWBRFrontDesk, Front Office Manager at Best Western of Birch Run/Frankenmuth, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving a review of your stay with us. We do agree that our location is perfect for those coming to shop at the Outlets and those that want to experience the wonderful town of Frankenmuth. I am grateful you took the time to let us know of your satisfaction.

We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western of Birch Run/ Frankenmuth the next time you are in town.

Clinton Township, Michigan
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The hotel met our expectations in every way. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and modern. The free breakfast in the morning was hot and delicious. I will prefer Best Western hotels in my future overnight lodging needs.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you while in our area. We are so pleased that you have chosen to become a Best Western guest in your future travels. It's a delight to hear that our staffs efforts to make your stay enjoyable in every way has been again successful.

We look forward to seeing you again real soon. Thanks again.

989-624-9395
Kingston
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The Best Western in Birch Run is an excellent location for shopping at the outlet mall or Bronner's Christmas store.

We appreciated the clean quiet room and took advantage of the free drink, pool and breakfast food.

We will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for letting us serve your lodging needs while you were in the area. We certainly strive to give wonderful lodging experiences to all of our guests. We look forward to you return. Please be assured that I have notified the proper department regarding the squeaky bed and it has been tended to. See you again soon!

989-624-9395
#4 of 7 in Birch Run
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frankenmuth
Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
Baymont Inn & Suites Bridgeport/Frankenmuth

Been to Best Western of Birch Run/Frankenmuth? Share your experiences!