“We Have Stayed Here Several Times”

Holiday Inn Express Birch Run (Frankenmuth Area)
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Birch Run
Wisconsin
“We Have Stayed Here Several Times”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

We have stayed here several times - and we're picky! Location is great right off of I-75, and just outside Frankenmuth. Meijer store just across from hotel (food/clothing/etc). Birch Run Outlets are a half mile away. This hotel has an on-site guest coin laundry facility. Our room with 2 queen beds was $88.79 with taxes, booked prior to travel. This is a good stop-over choice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Linda B
ExpressBirchRun, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birch Run (Frankenmuth Area), responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear Linda B,

Thank you so much for such positive feedback on your most recent stay with us. Thank you for being a loyal customer and continuing business with us. We enjoy your company! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Stephanie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Palm Coast, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

Room was clean, bed was comfy, pillows were both soft and firm. Hotel is extremely noisy tho. We were on the first floor (had our dogs with us so was happy about that) and you can hear every step anyone makes on the 2nd floor I swear. Even walking down the hallway. Unfortunately, we had a room full of kids just over us and the parents were across the hallway enjoying company (must have been a couple families) and the kids were running and jumping, and who knows what all, it sounded like a herd of animals seriously! We called and complained and they said they would do something, after 15 minutes I dressed and went to the front desk. They apologized and 2 young men followed me down the hallway and realized I wasn't exagerating so they went up to ask them to quiet down. This was at 11:00 p.m. All was quiet until this morning when they obviously were up and moving about.
Breakfast was good. Plenty to choose from.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Robin M
ExpressBirchRun, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birch Run (Frankenmuth Area), responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Robin M,

Thank you for your business and most importantly for offering a review in regards to your stay. I apologize that your stay will be remembered for all the wrong reasons. Next time you are in the area please give us another chance to win you over. I am truly sorry about the noise level above you. I would like to As feedback is imperative to our continual improvement, we definitely take feedback such as your own very seriously. On another note, I'm happy to hear that we exceeded expectations when it came to the cleanliness, and comfortableness of the beds.

Punta Gorda, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

The room was quite comfortable-especially enjoyed having a second sink outside the bathroom so there was no tie-up time. The beds are firmer than I normally sleep on at home but was still comfortable enough to get a good night's sleep. Choice of firm of soft pillows and they were all good for me!
The only time we heard other people was when the neighbor's across the hall had small children and then it was only when they were in the hallway! Didn't hear kids, tv's or anything else except the occasional door slam when someone didn't realize how easily they'd shut.
The breakfast was fairly good, from what my husband told me-I didn't make it down there. Our room had microwave and frig which is always a plus. Meijer store is just an intersection away and you can find almost any kind of food you want to chill or micro. Good tv, good choice of channels. Pool was really clean-we had hoped to bring the grandkids over to swim but that didn't work out.
Since we were there over Easter, we used the lobby fireplace area to take some great pics of our little grandkids. Made a great backdrop and there was no problem with using the restroom to change their clothing. Very nice looking lobby. Very friendly staff!

Room Tip: We were on third floor about two doors down from elevator and couldn't hear it.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
ExpressBirchRun, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birch Run (Frankenmuth Area), responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Birdie1410,

Thank you for your most recent stay with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had the opportunity to utilize our lobby for Easter pictures. Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your stay. We look forward to seeing you in the future and hope all is well.

Coral Springs, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed here one time. It's an older hotel, which needs some attention. Room can use a few repairs. Some rooms have musty smell. On the positive side bed was comfortable, bedding was very nice, shower had plenty of hot water & an excellent water pressure. Staff are polite, but not very accommodating. I felt like i was dealing with programmed computers / robots instead of a person. Some of them even were sarcastic in a way. Katie, the lady at the check in was very nice though. But again, it felt like her & other staff were "going by the book" , like somebody told them what to do. Hotel's environment was cold. Did not feel welcoming. I stayed at Hampton's in the past at the same plaza and it was different. Staff there were very professional, but also very accommodating. Felt like they truly cared about your satisfaction ( I can't post a review on this Hampton, because I stayed there a little over a year ago ) Hot tub at this Holiday Inn Express was warm enough. Could've been a little warmer, but it was acceptable. Breakfast area was clean, but it felt "cold & dark". Lady assistant was not helpful or pleasant. Breakfast had good choices, but eggs/sausage links were luke warm and there was no microwave in the dining room to warm it up. Orange juice was good, but the water for the hot tea was cold. We were overall disappointed with the stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
ExpressBirchRun, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birch Run (Frankenmuth Area), responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Catherine G,

Thank you for your feedback. Whether constructive or positive we truly value feedback from our guests, as this is an imperative part to our continual improvement. Such feedback as your own helps us deliver better results. After reading your review I am quite appalled to hear that your stay was not up to expectation and especially our customer service. I apologize for the less than welcoming and positive experience encountered. We try to accommodate all guests requests (within reason) and will try to go above and beyond when it comes to customer service. Im sorry you felt as though our team was "robot like". This review will be addressed with our team and will be discussed in great length. Please accept my apology and we would love to have you back in the future for a second chance to try and win you over.

Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback.

Traverse City, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Because of my job, I've had the distinct "pleasure" of staying at nearly every hotel in the Birch Run area, and I must say that this is my favorite so far. My room was very clean, the staff was friendly, the Internet works well and the price is comparable, and sometimes cheaper, to other hotels in the area.

As an elite member with IHG hotels group, I've stayed at plenty of HI Express properties and this property also has one of the best, most attended, well stocked breakfasts I've seen. I'll definitely be back here for my next trip to the area.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank thewanderingsailor31
ExpressBirchRun, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birch Run (Frankenmuth Area), responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear wes1031,

We truly appreciate your business and value your feedback. We are honored to hear that we rank highly on your list of hotels in the area. We strive to make our guests feel as comfortable as they would be in their own home. I'm pleased to hear our employees were friendly and your room was clean. We strive to be the best and feedback such as yours helps us continue to be motivated and know that we are making a difference.

troy, michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

overnight stay .......cannot say enough about how clean this hotel is. Efficient front desk check in. comfortable beds. great showerhead and lots of hot water. Wonderful continental breakfast. would definitely recomment.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear michigander_11,

First let me say thank you for such kind words in regards to our Holiday Inn Express in Birch Run. Thank you for taking your most valued time to offer potential guests feedback on your stay. Im pleased to hear that your stay was overall "Excellent". We have a wonderful team of employees and we strive to be the best in the area and through Michigan. Thank you for the motivation to keep us going. We hope to see you again in the future.

Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Spent Easter weekend here while doing some sightseeing in the area. Great value for the price. Very pleased with our stay at the holiday inn express. Great front counter service, the room was first notch and the free breakfast was a nice bonus. Used the pool both evenings we were there. Very clean and well taken care of.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
ExpressBirchRun, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birch Run (Frankenmuth Area), responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear russel r,

Thank you for spending Easter weekend with us! We strive to make our guests feel comfortable as if they are at home, away from home. Customer service is imperative for this industry and I am glad to hear that our front desk staff were "great". As I always say in reviews...cleanliness is our focal point and im so happy to hear that we again have exceeded expectations. I will definitely pass along the kind words to the houskeeping staff. We truly appreciate your business and your most valuable time. Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We hope to see you again in the future and maybe next time you can bring the teenagers.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Birch Run
#4 of 7 in Birch Run
The Marv Herzog Hotel
The Marv Herzog Hotel
#4 of 8 in Frankenmuth

Been to Holiday Inn Express Birch Run (Frankenmuth Area)? Share your experiences!