“Nice Hotel at a Good Price”

Holiday Inn Express Birch Run (Frankenmuth Area)
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Birch Run
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed here with a friend on a trip through Michigan. The location was very convenient. It is just off I-75 and close to Frankenmuth, Bronner's Christmas World, and a huge outlet store complex. Meijers (groceries, clothes, etc) is just a little ways across the street. We were on the first floor and never heard anyone upstairs or in the other rooms. The side entrances were nice for loading and the parking was ample. The free breakfast was VERY good--scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, assorted cereals, yogurt, a machine that makes pancakes, and incredible warm sticky cinnamon buns! The room was large compared to other Holiday Inn Express hotels I have stayed in. It was especially nice to have 2 sinks, microwave, and a refrigerator. I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Terri P
ExpressBirchRun, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birch Run (Frankenmuth Area), responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear TravelLover59,

Thank you for your business and your most recent stay with us. The team is pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and you were able to have a relaxing experience. We are even more happy to hear that the location was perfect for your adventures in the area. Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

This was our second stay at this hotel. We were on the 2nd floor, middle of the hall, near the elevator. Once you are inside the rooms, they are very quiet as far as hearing TVs or other people talking. What you can hear is the hallway noise, the people talking as they walk down the halls, and kids running down the halls. Again this is passing noise that other people make as they walk to their rooms. There were several groups that knew each other and went back and forth to each other's rooms, and so we heard them talking. But it ended shortly after 10pm, so that's fine. To offset any hotel noise, we always travel with a small desktop fan and once we turned that on for the night, all was well, we heard no noise. The rooms are spacious, and the second sink outside the bathroom helped get everyone out the door on time. The beds and bedding were super comfortable. The pillowslips had the words "hard" or "soft" to eliminate guesswork about which pillow to use. Our room had a microwave and a mini fridge. The pool is large and can be either empty or overcrowded, depending on whatever is going on. This property has a great lobby area with chairs and couches. They offer a large variety of food for breakfast, including yogurt and fresh fruit. The exterior entry doors require key card access after 7pm. This is a great spot for repeat travel to the outlet malls, or stopover on a longer trip.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MMMMFamily

Dear MMMMFamily,

Thank you for your most recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Birch Run. We thank you for taking the time to offer such detailed feedback in regards to your stay. We are pleased to hear that you were not inconvenienced by noise and that the comfort of the room exceeded expectations. Feedback such as your own is valuable to our continual improvement. We hope that if you are in the area again you will choose us to stay with. Thank you!! From our family to yours.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We have stayed here several times - and we're picky! Location is great right off of I-75, and just outside Frankenmuth. Meijer store just across from hotel (food/clothing/etc). Birch Run Outlets are a half mile away. This hotel has an on-site guest coin laundry facility. Our room with 2 queen beds was $88.79 with taxes, booked prior to travel. This is a good stop-over choice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Linda B
ExpressBirchRun, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birch Run (Frankenmuth Area), responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear Linda B,

Thank you so much for such positive feedback on your most recent stay with us. Thank you for being a loyal customer and continuing business with us. We enjoy your company! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Room was clean, bed was comfy, pillows were both soft and firm. Hotel is extremely noisy tho. We were on the first floor (had our dogs with us so was happy about that) and you can hear every step anyone makes on the 2nd floor I swear. Even walking down the hallway. Unfortunately, we had a room full of kids just over us and the parents were across the hallway enjoying company (must have been a couple families) and the kids were running and jumping, and who knows what all, it sounded like a herd of animals seriously! We called and complained and they said they would do something, after 15 minutes I dressed and went to the front desk. They apologized and 2 young men followed me down the hallway and realized I wasn't exagerating so they went up to ask them to quiet down. This was at 11:00 p.m. All was quiet until this morning when they obviously were up and moving about.
Breakfast was good. Plenty to choose from.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Robin M
ExpressBirchRun, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birch Run (Frankenmuth Area), responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Robin M,

Thank you for your business and most importantly for offering a review in regards to your stay. I apologize that your stay will be remembered for all the wrong reasons. Next time you are in the area please give us another chance to win you over. I am truly sorry about the noise level above you. I would like to As feedback is imperative to our continual improvement, we definitely take feedback such as your own very seriously. On another note, I'm happy to hear that we exceeded expectations when it came to the cleanliness, and comfortableness of the beds.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The room was quite comfortable-especially enjoyed having a second sink outside the bathroom so there was no tie-up time. The beds are firmer than I normally sleep on at home but was still comfortable enough to get a good night's sleep. Choice of firm of soft pillows and they were all good for me!
The only time we heard other people was when the neighbor's across the hall had small children and then it was only when they were in the hallway! Didn't hear kids, tv's or anything else except the occasional door slam when someone didn't realize how easily they'd shut.
The breakfast was fairly good, from what my husband told me-I didn't make it down there. Our room had microwave and frig which is always a plus. Meijer store is just an intersection away and you can find almost any kind of food you want to chill or micro. Good tv, good choice of channels. Pool was really clean-we had hoped to bring the grandkids over to swim but that didn't work out.
Since we were there over Easter, we used the lobby fireplace area to take some great pics of our little grandkids. Made a great backdrop and there was no problem with using the restroom to change their clothing. Very nice looking lobby. Very friendly staff!

Room Tip: We were on third floor about two doors down from elevator and couldn't hear it.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
ExpressBirchRun, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birch Run (Frankenmuth Area), responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Birdie1410,

Thank you for your most recent stay with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had the opportunity to utilize our lobby for Easter pictures. Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your stay. We look forward to seeing you in the future and hope all is well.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed here one time. It's an older hotel, which needs some attention. Room can use a few repairs. Some rooms have musty smell. On the positive side bed was comfortable, bedding was very nice, shower had plenty of hot water & an excellent water pressure. Staff are polite, but not very accommodating. I felt like i was dealing with programmed computers / robots instead of a person. Some of them even were sarcastic in a way. Katie, the lady at the check in was very nice though. But again, it felt like her & other staff were "going by the book" , like somebody told them what to do. Hotel's environment was cold. Did not feel welcoming. I stayed at Hampton's in the past at the same plaza and it was different. Staff there were very professional, but also very accommodating. Felt like they truly cared about your satisfaction ( I can't post a review on this Hampton, because I stayed there a little over a year ago ) Hot tub at this Holiday Inn Express was warm enough. Could've been a little warmer, but it was acceptable. Breakfast area was clean, but it felt "cold & dark". Lady assistant was not helpful or pleasant. Breakfast had good choices, but eggs/sausage links were luke warm and there was no microwave in the dining room to warm it up. Orange juice was good, but the water for the hot tea was cold. We were overall disappointed with the stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
ExpressBirchRun, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birch Run (Frankenmuth Area), responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Catherine G,

Thank you for your feedback. Whether constructive or positive we truly value feedback from our guests, as this is an imperative part to our continual improvement. Such feedback as your own helps us deliver better results. After reading your review I am quite appalled to hear that your stay was not up to expectation and especially our customer service. I apologize for the less than welcoming and positive experience encountered. We try to accommodate all guests requests (within reason) and will try to go above and beyond when it comes to customer service. Im sorry you felt as though our team was "robot like". This review will be addressed with our team and will be discussed in great length. Please accept my apology and we would love to have you back in the future for a second chance to try and win you over.

Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback.

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Because of my job, I've had the distinct "pleasure" of staying at nearly every hotel in the Birch Run area, and I must say that this is my favorite so far. My room was very clean, the staff was friendly, the Internet works well and the price is comparable, and sometimes cheaper, to other hotels in the area.

As an elite member with IHG hotels group, I've stayed at plenty of HI Express properties and this property also has one of the best, most attended, well stocked breakfasts I've seen. I'll definitely be back here for my next trip to the area.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank thewanderingsailor31
ExpressBirchRun, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birch Run (Frankenmuth Area), responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear wes1031,

We truly appreciate your business and value your feedback. We are honored to hear that we rank highly on your list of hotels in the area. We strive to make our guests feel as comfortable as they would be in their own home. I'm pleased to hear our employees were friendly and your room was clean. We strive to be the best and feedback such as yours helps us continue to be motivated and know that we are making a difference.

Assistant General Manager

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Birch Run
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frankenmuth
Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth

Been to Holiday Inn Express Birch Run (Frankenmuth Area)? Share your experiences!