“A mixed bag”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Birch Run
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“A mixed bag”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

Location: Perfect. Building is very large to include the lobby. Clean, very clean. Pop corn in the lobby in the evenings. Never saw that before. That was cool. Cost is a little above average but it was Thanksgiving weekend. Now the problems. 1. Breakfast was the worst in all my years at Choice Hotels. Scrambled eggs were flat sheets cut into squares. No taste. The sausage patty was a small disk and had no taste either. They had muffins but they were real small maybe the size of a quarter. Orange juice was watered down. 1. Like the quality inn I stayed at last week they had stupid little "chick-let" pillows. Small and fat. Bring your own pillows I think its the new standard. Every time someone ran a shower above us or next to us that is all we heard. You need to turn the TV way up to hear. Still with these little problems not enough to make me change from Comfort/Quality to anything else.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Keri B, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Birch Run, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
Thank you for staying with us, I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay 100%. I would love to discuss this further. If you could email me at your convenience that would be great!
comfort_inn@rocketmail.com Hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks,
Keri Brack

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Tavistock, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

We have stayed here a number of times and will keep returning. You feel welcome the minute you walk through the doors as the staff is wonderful. The hotel is very appealing as it has been completely redone. They did a great job. Our room is always clean and the breakfast is very good with lots of selection. If something runs low, there is always a friendly lady right there to re fill it for you. This is by far the nicest comfort inn we have ever been to and has the nicest staff as well. We would highly recommend this hotel. It is a 2 minute drive to the outlet mall so it is very handy for that as well.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Keri B, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Birch Run, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
I'm very pleased to read that you enjoy our hotel and staff! Thank you for staying with us. We strive for 100% guest satisfaction. I do hope that you stay with us again in the near future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here before but must say the recent renovations were needed and welcomed. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. The only things negative I must add are that the wifi was iffy, hard to connect.
Also, the breakfast eggs(?) and sausage were cold and tasteless. Overall though, a very good stay.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Keri B, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Birch Run, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thank you for staying with us, I'm so glad you are pleased with the renovations! We also love them! I do hope that you stay with us again in the near future!

Hagersville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

The desk staff when we arrived were very friendly and helpful. It only took a couple of minutes to check in. The place had elevators which is great when bringing up luggage and purchases from the Birch Run Premium outlet mall and Frankenmuth which are only minutes away. It is very central to everything we wanted to see and close to the major highways. The room was beautiful and provided everything we needed for our 3 day stay. The housekeeping staff were also friendly and very accommodating with anything we needed. Breakfast was provided and the dining area was very clean and inviting. There was a good selection of different foods and it was kept fully stocked by the many staff who were around. They never let anything go empty for long. I had stayed at another motel in the area before and by far, this one is the best and cheaper than the others in the area. It has a large grocery store right next door which is also handy if you want something quick. I would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: If you can travel there during the week, the rates are a lot cheaper than on the weekend and the mal...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Keri B, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Birch Run, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you for staying with us, we strive for 100% guest satisfaction and am very glad it was met with you! I do hope that you stay with us again in the near future!

Kitchener, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

The rooms were wonderful, service was great and so nice to have a separate and close entrance and elevator for carrying our treasures to our room.

There is not really a lot I can say wrong about this hotel. There was a fridge, microwave, free brekkie and a comfortable and clean bed and they provided extra pillows. The location was great close to Frankenmuth, Birch Run and all amenities. Got a great deal as a Choice Member and definitely would stay here again.

Felt sorry for the breakfast weekend girl, she was overwhelmed as she was the only one on and was swarmed with people all at the same time. She had difficulty keeping things stocked but did well, don't think it was her fault at all; she needs another person to help her.

Great checkin and checkout.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor at the back of the hotel, would stay there again as this is close to its...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Keri B, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Birch Run, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
I'm very glad you enjoyed yourself while you were here! Thank you for staying with us. We have changed thing's around and I'm going to be here with her to help on Sunday mornings, so that she is no longer alone. I do hope that you stay with us in the near future again.

Bolton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

This is one of the best hotels we have stayed at, very close to Frankenmuth and the Birch Run outlets. Hotel was very clean, staff was great, Breakfast fresh and very good. Very easy booking especially where you have the option of free Cancellation and great rates. Overall a great place to stay and will defiantly be back again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Keri B, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Birch Run, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I'm very glad that you enjoyed our hotel!
I do hope that you stay with us again in the near future!

Yale, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

I called ahead because my husband and i are light sleepers, i wanted a top floor room. I made sure i called after 3pm so that i knew everyone would be checked out. I was told to call day of arrival for request gaurantee. When I called they said yes no problem, and i stated i would be in later. Came in at 6:30pm, the lady stated that the person in that room was a member of something and decided to stay, so I was on the first floor now and could be moved in the morningR, they would be leaving at 5am. I am disabled and am on crutches, I cant just move easily. So I settled for the first floor room. Now I was here on business and had classes in the area, I was not able to get in our hottub that night, early day on sunday. So I did not know our hottub did not work until the next day. But the hot tub above us worked just fine, everytime they turned on the water to fill theirs it is extremely loud and woke us up at 1am & 3am. Now the hottub itself running was not loud just the plumbing to fill it, very loud. The next day we came back from a long day on sunday, i get in and mine does not work. So I call down that evening, i already had all of my stuff unpacked, the evening desk lady was very nice and offered to move me or send maintenance, but i am on crutches and i cant easily pack up, my husband had gone home now, he only came to help me into my room, so i told her no thank you, but she did try. I was looking forward to the hottub, it was so beautiful and i cant use the pool one. O'well, things break and life happens, the desk lady did lower my room price to one without a hottub, and i proceeded to enjoy the rest of my stay. Now it takes me along time because of crutches to pack up on Tuesday to leave, i called.down for a later check out and the morning girl told me the best she could do was 12noon (now.remember on saturday the person in the upper room could decide after 3pm to stay another night, must be a special club). I said ok, it was only 9 that gave me three hours. Then i asked her if I called down could someone come and get my bags for me. She hesitated and said i think so. Now i didnt tell her i was disabled, but if someone asks for help they abviously need it. I hung up and started to pack, i usually hate leaving nice hotels but after that i was done and couldnt wait to leave. I even told my husband he didnt have to worry and come back for me, the hotel would have someone to help me. I slowly pulled me suitcase on wheels out to my car on the side and thankfully another guest saw me and offered help, not i think so. Now with the way the phone call went i expected the place to be packed, no one but me parked on the one side, i drove around to the front, a few guys working on area walk, i get inside to hand over cards, two ladies working at counter and as i was leaving a cleaning lady was vacuuming down the hall, plenty of people to choose from could have brought down my suitecase, especially the one who answered the phone when i called down. Then i notice they did not have my club number, maybe thats what was so special about the saturday guest that had my room. A really nice hotel i just could not enjoy or even feel good about. My room was pretty and clean, but my stay was terrible.
Heather A

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Heather B
Keri B, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Birch Run, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Thank you for staying with us!

I'm so sorry that you had a bad experience, and would love for you to call me at your earliest convenience to discuss this further.

989-624-7777
Fairfield Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
The Marv Herzog Hotel
The Marv Herzog Hotel
#4 of 8 in Frankenmuth

Been to Comfort Inn Birch Run? Share your experiences!