“Nice remodel”

Comfort Inn Birch Run
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Birch Run
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Our room was nice and clean and had a very pleasant smell when we checked in. The front desk employees were very nice. After we returned to our hotel room, from dinner and a drive around Frankenmuth, Our keys would not work the door, so I had new get them re-programmed. Then as we started to settle in, we were unable to get the sound to work on the TV. We called the front desk and Mark, the maintenance man quickly came to our room.,He tried numerous adjustments but couldn't get the sound to work either. He went and got us another TV, but couldn't make the sound work on that one either. So, they moved us to another room. It was a handicapped accessible room, with a huge bathroom and shower. It also had a jacuzzi tub right in the bedroom area. I thought that was rather strange for a handicapped room. It was very late by then, so we went to bed. In the middle of the night, my husband discovered that the toilet was leaking all over the bathroom floor. The next morning, after a very nice breakfast buffet in the lobby, we told the front desk about the problem on our way out for the day. When we returned that evening, our keys would not work again. They had to reprogram. When we checked, the repairs seemed to have been made to the toilet. It still smelled of urine however. When we checked out the next morning, I mentioned this to the front desk and she suggested that water could have been on the floor from the shower. I told her that we had both just taken showers and no water was on the floor at all.
The odor had definitely come from the toilet and seeped until the tiles, because the leak was from under the toilet bowl not the tank. I would stay hear again. It is a very nicely remodeled hotel and the staff is very friendly. Price was slightly more than it should be, considering it's location, however.

Room Tip: Get a room far away from the entrance by the elevators.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Keri B, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Birch Run, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for staying with us! I'm very sorry that you had a bad experience with the room you were in at first, and the tv didn't work properly. I apologize for the bathroom troubles you had in the second room. I do hope that you stay with us again when your in the area.

My apologizes

Reviewed 15 July 2014

The room was nice and clean,but our room was right above the door where everyone gathered to smoke. They were loud, rowdy, and drunk. The police were called at 2:00a.m. and again at 3:00a.m. Needless to say we did not get much sleep that night. When we complained to the desk clerk the next morning she just blew us off. Then on top of that, we went to get breakfast and it was gone by 10:00a.m.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Keri B, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Birch Run, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

First, thank you for staying with us. Second, I am so sorry that you had such a bad experience while you were here. I apologize that the adults that were here were so rude to other guests that were staying that night. Third, I would love to discuss this further if you could call me at your earliest convenience I would greatly appreciate it.

989-624-7777

Reviewed 8 July 2014

The staff from answering questions on the phone to the people in the hotel are great.
All our requests have been met or exceeded. Clean facility. Highly recommend if you are in the area. Very close to shopping, restaurants and Frankenmouth.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank WINGGIRL66
Keri B, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Birch Run, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

We strive for 100% guest satisfaction and I'm so glad to see that we met that with you, thank you for staying with us! I take great pride in my friendly staff and clean hotel, I do hope that you stay with us again when your in the area.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Was not expecting much from an older Comfort Inn with a corporate rate of only $67 but wow was I pleasantly surprised.....this place is a fantastic value.

I had a king bed room which was large, clean, modern and well equipped. It looks as though my room was totally renovated recently, i I think nearly everything had been replaced, with the exception of the older AC unit which still worked well.

Mattress was a newer (2012) Simmons BeautyRest, it was maybe a tad firm for my personal taste but not too bad. It's an innerspring mattresses that has foam mattress properties in that your significant other can toss and turn and it does not bother/affect the other person. I guess it sort of mimics a Tempur-Pedic type mattresses. Whatever the case, while it was not my favorite, it wasn't bad either, I tend to prefer really soft mattresses that you sink into.

Room had a lot of nice amenities, I particularly enjoyed the microwave, fridge and the comfortable desk and chair to work at.

Wireless Internet was FAST, speed tests showed 17 Mbps download speeds, which is on the higher end that you will find in any hotel.

Location was good, right in the middle of Saginaw and Flint, so quick and easy access to both those cities, in fact when I am working in either of those cities I will stay in this Comfort because it's the nicest Choice Hotel in the area and worth driving the couple of additional miles.

All in all this is a great hotel for the price. Just a couple of minor issues, the walls are very thin so you can hear people coughing, snoring, etc in the rooms next to you. Also the parking lot is a little on the small side, in fact it was totally full during my stay so if your driving a large RV or pulling a trailer parking could be an issue if you don't get a spot early.

Other then that the place is great though and I will definitely return, I'll call this one 4.5 stars.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank AlCzervik1
Keri B, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Birch Run, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us! I'm very glad to see that you enjoyed our hotel, staff and amenities we take great pride in all of those things. Thank you for being willing to drive a few extra miles to stay with us!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Only stayed 1 nt & found the room & hotel clean & very nice. Breakfast was OK except for the liquid egg pancakes, at least I think that was what they were. Too many people at the waffle machines but would have loved to try the blueberry ones. As we were 3 bus loads of people they opened a conference room for extra seating at breakfast which was appreciated. Did not appear to be restaurants within walking distance near the hotel but there was a Subway & KFC across the street & behind the hotel was a large grocery store where you could pick up some deli for dinner. Short drive to Bronner's Christmas Store & Frankenmuth so good location in that respect. I would definitely stay there again if given the chance.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gloria K
Keri B, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Birch Run, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

I'm so glad that you enjoyed our hotel, staff and amenities and that we could accommodate your bus tour! I do hope that you stay with us again when your in the area.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We were at this hotel several years ago & rated it as just OK. We decided to stay there again & was pleasantly surprised. It was remodeled since our last visit. The room was very comfortable and we had a pleasant stay. Great location to the Birch Run Outlet stores & Frankenmuth. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank karen1104
Keri B, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Birch Run, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

I'm so glad you decided to stay with us again, thank you!! Also glad that you enjoyed our hotel and new renovations, they are continuing to update rooms so I hope that you stay with us again when your in the area.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

For a girls weekend of shopping at Birch Run Outlet Mall, we selected Comfort Inn. Only a few minutes from the outlets, restaurants and Mejers for groceries.

The hotel staff was very friendly on check in providing us with coupons for the outlets and Frankenmuth attractions (which is also close by).

Breakfast selection was great - fruit, breads, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, waffles, sausage, eggs, cereals and beverages. We were surprised how much seating was available there. From the breakfast area you can overlook the indoor pool.

Room with 2 queen beds was very spacious. Also included table with 3 chairs, lounge chair, fridge, microwave, coffee maker and big double closet. At first I thought it was strange that there was no hair dryer. I did find it in the bathroom drawer. Internet was fast, lots of tv channels (flat screen tv). Nice big fluffy towels and plenty of hot water with great pressure.

We stayed on the second floor and was pleasantly surprised to find an ice machine on our floor. That was handy.

No complaints at all and would recommend this hotel for those people coming to the area. On a side note, if you are looking for a great family style restaurant you might want to try Tony's Restaurant which is just down the street.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Dutchie33
Keri B, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Birch Run, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us on your girls shopping weekend! I'm so glad to see that you enjoyed our hotel, amenities and staff. We strive for 100% guest satisfaction and I take great pride in my staff and hotel when that is met. I do hope that you stay with us when you have another shopping trip to the area.

Thanks Again,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Birch Run
Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Birch Run
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frankenmuth
Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth
Holiday Inn Express Birch Run (Frankenmuth Area)

Been to Comfort Inn Birch Run? Share your experiences!