“The atmosphere was wonderful”
Review of Toast

Toast
Reserve with OpenTable
Toast is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 101 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Maple
Description: Toast in Downtown Birmingham is an award winning restaurant with a casual comfortable yet whimsical atmosphere with great food, wine list drinks and Service! If you want to enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner, or seeking the perfect spot for Wine or Drinks and conversation...then Toast Birmingham is the place for you. Executive Chef Myles McVay focuses on layers, textures, balance and constant creativity has given Toast a forward-minded environment and menu that customers cannot find anywhere else. In 2011 Toast was awarded Best Breakfast in Detroit area for the 9th year in a row.
Detroit, Michigan
“The atmosphere was wonderful”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed the patio and the waitstaff was great! The food was excellent and everything was really delicious. I would prefer if the carried some of the normal beers like corona or bud. It seems like they're trying to hard to be hip at the expense of my favorite beers. The gnocchi was fantastic.

Detroit
“IT FEELS GOOD TO BE BUZZED ON A SUNDAY AFTERNOON!!!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My friend and I planned to go to Toast because she was raving about the cheesy grits. We called and tried to make a reservation but they only take them thru the week, not on the weekend. When we got to the restaurant after very easily finding a parking space in downtown Birmingham (can you believe it?!?) the line was wrapped out the door. No way were we leaving without some grits so we went inside, put our name on the list (45 minute wait!!) and decided to hang out by the bar hoping two seats would become available. After about 20 minutes we were able to lay a claim on two bar seats and it was great!! Of course I ordered an amaretto sour double with extra cherries, my friend had the mimosa. This was the BEST amaretto I've had in a LONG time and it was beautiful as well! I instantly felt a nice buzz and my friend said she was feeling the joy as well.... While I was deciding what to eat the bartender Heather suggested the B street french toast so we had to get it along with pork belly hash, a parisian omelette, thick sliced bacon and challah toast. All that I can say is that everything was marvelous and the bacon was outstanding!! I would go again many times to try a different item on the menu each time! The cheesy grits were not quite as cheesy as I would have preferred but all in all it was a great meal and it was enjoyed thoroughly! After we ate all of that I looked up on the blackboard and saw a "porch swing peach sangria" which I felt obligated to order and I was glad I did- it was sweet and tart all at the same time and it had slices of fresh peaches- it doesn't get better than that- unless you count the GREAT service we received from Heather!! If you can stand the wait it's well worth it for brunch!!

• Visited June 2014
michigan
“Different menu, good food”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

They have different appetizers. Not typical ones you see or a different take on them. Had the cauliflower skillet. Very good!! Came with pickles and some other tangy veggies to mix in. Wednesday is wine night. Few $5 glasses. I had the organic chicken on the bone. Came with roasted tomatoes and corn then cheesey grits that were awesome. No bottle beer such as labatts or coors light. Mix of different beers from other countries. I tried the lightest one, Balvik. Service was really good and helped with decision making. Friend has their Icelandic cod and said very tasty. Wanted to try the chicken and waffles but backed out. Both meals were very good. They are on the pricey side.

New York City, New York
“Funky and Tasty!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I dined here with a group of co-workers during a trip to Birmingham on June 11th. We had a great server who gave great recommendations and seemed eager to please. I had two great beers (both recommendations of the server) and an excellent burger. The eclectic menu seemed to please everyone in our party, despite differing tastes and dietary restrictions.

Visited June 2014
Mount Vernon, Ohio
“Very good place for breakfast with a nice setting”
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We just visited the dwtn Birmingham area and had a very nice breakfast here. A nice place with quality food. Large portions and nice people all around

• Visited June 2014