“Tasty, Yummy & Fun”

Social Kitchen & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Social Kitchen & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 101 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$8 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Woodward
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
“Tasty, Yummy & Fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Social is the kind of place that you put calories aside and know you are going to the gym the next morning. It's also the kind of place to share plates and feast on creations such as waffles with fried chicken strips with a coating of bacon glaze and cajun shrimp swimming in chili oil centered in a cute skillet of fresh and hot grits.

Brick chicken with baked crispy potatoes is tasty and you surely need to order the mussels with spicy andouille sausage broth to soak up the grilled french bread.

You know you are in for a treat when you start with a small paper sack with four mini cornbread muffins. The frites are served in large portions and luckily we did not order but saw them devoured on several tables. There are plenty of desserts and yes, we saw a party order the waffle. Total decadence at reasonable prices.

Only drawback: Getting past the hostess stand. It's like they don't understand customer service and you are an inconvenience. Best to have a reservation in advance or wait a long time at the small bar area.

1 Thank LGspartan

Atlanta, Georgia
“Hipster Brooklyn in Birmingham”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Not from Michigan and was in town for an event and looking for good food and drinks for a celebratory event. They were able to hold a table for 7 at the last minute for us. Even though it was a tight squeeze, the food was on point and the drinks were great. Delicious brussel sprouts! Would definitely recommend this restaurant and the area it is in for a nice walk.

1 Thank ashashasha
Clarkston, Michigan
“Two visits...uneven but still good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Have been for lunch twice. First time was outstanding, second was average... so splitting the difference. I ordered the warm chicken salad with fries and my dining companion ordered a salad so we could share each both times. The first time the sandwich was fabulous with great flavor and texture. The second time it was more runny with less flavor. Similarly, the french fries were better on the first visit. The salads are large pick your own ingredient affairs and were tasty both times. It is a fun atmosphere with a nice covered outdoor patio for dining. Service was very attentive.

Detroit
“TOO BAD THEY DON'T SELL SANGRIA TO GO!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Walking in we were told that a large party was coming in so unfortunately we couldn't sit outside! Works for me! I don't like eating and bugs buzzing around me!! We were immediately seated in the dining room and our server Troy came right over with water and offered us drinks. I decided to forgo the amaretto and try the sangria because my friend said it was good. She was wrong! It was GREAT!! It was a white sangria, sweet and tangy with fresh fruit in the bottom. It even looked crisp and refreshing in the glass and it was!!! We weren't starving so since it was brunch we went straight to the entree- no appetizers. I ordered chicken and waffles- can you say heavenly?! The chicken was very crispy and the waffle was a belgian style and it had just enough syrup. It was a small plate but it was filling! I would have ordered extra chicken because I wanted my friend to eat a piece yet I wanted it all for myself!! ;) My friend ordered the egg sandwich and she said it was wonderful and it looked like it with bacon, egg over easy, cheese and guacamole! it came with a kale salad and the dressing was very tasty!! Our server was so pleasant, knowledgable and cute with his handlebar mustache and everyone wears plaid shirts and makes it look/feel so relaxed and homey!! I seriously suggested to anyone who would listen that they sell the sangria in jugs to go!! IT WAS JUST THAT GOOD!! We will definitely return! Perhaps another time for other choices besides brunch!

Visited July 2014
Alexandria, Virginia
“Good choice for a fun meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Good sized portions made with interesting ingredients (we split the delicious kale salad), fun atmosphere (though the music could be slightly quieter), and a competent, confident wait staff. Recommended if you're in the area. Sitting outside is not much quieter than inside, BTW.