“They are doing something right cause the place is packed but its not to my liking”
Review of Commonwealth Cafe

Commonwealth Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Seating, Takeout
Great Midwest
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I had breakfast here on 6/8/14 with my wife and daughter. You order here in line and then find a table after and then they bring your breakfast to you so its not a traditional service/waitress type place. One problem I see here is the place is not too big so if there are more people in line ordering than there are tables for your food can come up and you wont have a place to sit. However it was raining out today so if the outdoor seating was open it may take some of the over flow from the inside seating.

The place was packed so they are doing something right but its not to my liking. I'm just a jeans and tee shirt kind of guy and a coney island breakfast is good enough for me but this place seems to cater to the yuppy in crowd. I mean the food is decent and they do have several French press flavors of coffee daily as well as many different kind of tea's from around the world and good muffins and scones but for me just a simple breakfast is what I am after. I had the Commenwealth breakfast and my daughter had the pancakes. My breakfast was good and my daughter liked the pancakes but really nothing I ate was incredibly special. Try it and see what you think. I mean after all they are doing something right cause the place is packed.

• Visited June 2014

“Wow. Please move to Clarkston!”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Just love everything about this place! Quality ingredients, creative menu, great food! Small dining room. Get their early on Sunday or Saturday for breakfast. The Mocha's are pretty AND taste incredible. By far, the best coffee in Oakland county. Only downside, limited seating. Families with kids who insist on bringing strollers into the restaurant can be a drag. Also, considering this is in a very nice suburb, too many rude patrons who don't clean up after their kids messes! So get their early on the weekends before the kids arrive!!

Visited February 2014
Birmingham, Michigan
“Amazing”
Reviewed 16 May 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

The breakfast of poached eggs was cooked to perfection and the coffee was very smooth and fresh. I highly recommend for breakfast.

Visited May 2014
Rayleigh
“Dinner with friends”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Everything we ordered was excellent!!! The sliders are perfect!!! Atmosphere is so good but it does get very busy!!! Can't wait to go back!!

• Visited May 2013
Michigan
“Excellent food at a price”
Reviewed 5 May 2013 via mobile

Commonwealth Cafe, only open for breakfast/lunch, has a very unique menu, which we were anxious to try. The food truly was exceptional, but I wasn't prepared to spend $45 for breakfast for 3 people. My daughter's blueberry pancakes were out of this world. My husband had the fried egg sandwich and I had a daily omelet special - both of which were equally great. I would highly recommend the food, but be prepared to spend some cash!!

• Visited May 2013